Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

On 1/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, henrygandorf said:

i was just thinking about this.  after mitch's statement today, people are speculating about him leaning towards conviction, which mitch can have if he wants.  but why?  since he's out of office already, that vote is pretty meaningless.

as for trump being able to run again, that's a straight majority, right?  romney can do that shit on his own if he wants, regardless of what mitch is thinking.

personally, i want trump to be able to run again, because it'll further splinter the party, and no way they can pull it together by 2024.  but most seem to want him barred from ever running as some sort of punitive action. 

is it possible to not have that vote?  or to have one vote and not the other?  if they're not going to convict, then there's no reason to even have that vote.

The hold office thing, while a majority vote, is, I believe contingent on conviction.

One of the more offensive things about her emergence is the narrative that she is an attractive southern Barbie. Her face is busted and she has the body of a meth head.

If we were doing a ten scale, somewhere there's a range within that scale where "not fat or disfigured" go. She would be the lowest number in that range. Like a 5 or a 6.

PS sorry Bama Chick. I know you'll hate this post.

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

Pelosi transmits the article down the hall on Monday. No one seems to know what happens after that.

trial is set to start feb 9th.  so this is happening.

the gop will of course argue against conviction, not because he didn't do exactly what he's charged with, but because it's "unconstitutional" which it isn't.  republicans have an impressive active streak of never actually answering any questions or allegations in good faith.  always argue the process, the procedure, the bias, the foundation, never actually refuting the facts.

so what we're left with is that any president who is beaten at the polls can incite a violent coup during the last month of his presidency to overturn election results, and get away with it, because the process is too time-consuming to complete it while he's still president.  and if you think about it, the final month of a presidency is the only time you'd want to incite a violent coup to overturn election results. 

it's not like he had any reason to pull this caper 2-3 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

One of the more offensive things about her emergence is the narrative that she is an attractive southern Barbie. Her face is busted and she has the body of a meth head.

If we were doing a ten scale, somewhere there's a range within that scale where "not fat or disfigured" go. She would be the lowest number in that range. Like a 5 or a 6.

PS sorry Bama Chick. I know you'll hate this post.

Usually I would but fuck that bitch.

She doesn’t stand in solidarity with women so why should I stand up for her?

The most interesting fact on that graphic is that she’s 34 and got her GED in 2020!

I definitely think we need more diversity of educational background in government - not 95% ivys - but I think we should want more than someone who just got their GED.

She’s ugly and stupid.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The most interesting fact on that graphic is that she’s 34 and got her GED in 2020!

I definitely think we need more diversity of educational background in government - not 95% ivys - but I think we should want more than someone who just got their GED.

She’s ugly and stupid.

Martin Scorsese Lol GIF

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 2

Yeah you should have to have a bachelor's degree minimum to be in Congress. Someone without a proper education isn't going to be up to the task of the complex legislation that needs to be understood and voted on. She's a high school dropout who worked at McDonald's and then as a secretary for a pipe company. She has no frame of reference for how government works only that her parents were poor and on welfare and she despises them so she believes no one needs assistance ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Is this the impeachment thread? If so, after this revelation, I don't see how the Republicans aren't going to vote to convict him. This was a coup of the DOJ that didn't work. His attempts to stay in power are all going to be in this trial. Now I wish we didn't have to wait until Feb. 8th. The shit they have on him is legion. 

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah you should have to have a bachelor's degree minimum to be in Congress. Someone without a proper education isn't going to be up to the task of the complex legislation that needs to be understood and voted on. She's a high school dropout who worked at McDonald's and then as a secretary for a pipe company. She has no frame of reference for how government works only that her parents were poor and on welfare and she despises them so she believes no one needs assistance ever. 

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7cly6d7cz214vl68m9jvx24vj76ud2kwatyz3qbez&rid=giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Disagree.  There are lots of smart motherfuckers that didn’t matriculate for reasons other than intelligence. A HS diploma though?  Yea, that should be a requirement. Some type of civics test or class should also be a requirement.  Maybe make the citizenship test mandatory so dumb motherfuckers like Tubbs get weeded out early. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Might as well toss these into evidence. Fuck it.

Let's destroy this MF thoroughly.

Achieve justice for his sedition, for starters. That will destroy him thoroughly. Focusing on his destruction as an end in itself is perilous. Do you even Jedi bro?

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
ETA I feel ya

33 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Disagree.  There are lots of smart motherfuckers that didn’t matriculate for reasons other than intelligence. A HS diploma though?  Yea, that should be a requirement. Some type of civics test or class should also be a requirement.  Maybe make the citizenship test mandatory so dumb motherfuckers like Tubbs get weeded out early. 

That's true there should be at minimum training and an exam to pass at least as well as a HS diploma. I don't like it much either but with the sheer millions of Americans being too stupid to sustain democracy some terrible choices are going to have to be made. We can't have a Congress with too many Boeberts or it'll be full on Idiocracy. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

Counterpoint. Have you seen the graduates of Liberty or aggy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The former senior Republican official who would like to see Trump convicted characterized it as an internal war within the party and expressed pessimism that enough senators would rise to the occasion.

"I have learned through sad experience that no one has lost money betting on the seemingly bottomless capacity of congressional R's for self-abasement and cowardice," said the former official

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/22/politics/mcconnell-trump-impeachment-conviction-republicans/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is this the impeachment thread? If so, after this revelation, I don't see how the Republicans aren't going to vote to convict him. This was a coup of the DOJ that didn't work. His attempts to stay in power are all going to be in this trial. Now I wish we didn't have to wait until Feb. 8th. The shit they have on him is legion. 

This is the most totally fucking bananas thing I've seen and I'm writing this at the very end of the trump era. I'm baffled that anything else is even being discussed. 

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

76396155_idiamin.gif.ca6572508fd815fe6d52c6a4b6be9c57.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Hey... Remember how the previous administration used to stash phone call transcripts and such on a secure server? Wouldn't that be an interesting thing to explore for a new administration? 'Cause stuff has to still be there or it's a crime of destroying files and such.

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lol at the gop senators actually listening to and considering evidence. 

is this your first trump impeachment?

If Mitch wants him gone its going to be close. The difference now is that evidence and witnesses will be heard and will be public. I think on the low end we will be at 60 votes to convict. If you allow Trump to sit around till 2024 it only further kills the GOP and their dying old base. 

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

trial is set to start feb 9th.  so this is happening.

the gop will of course argue against conviction, not because he didn't do exactly what he's charged with, but because it's "unconstitutional" which it isn't.  republicans have an impressive active streak of never actually answering any questions or allegations in good faith.  always argue the process, the procedure, the bias, the foundation, never actually refuting the facts.

so what we're left with is that any president who is beaten at the polls can incite a violent coup during the last month of his presidency to overturn election results, and get away with it, because the process is too time-consuming to complete it while he's still president.  and if you think about it, the final month of a presidency is the only time you'd want to incite a violent coup to overturn election results. 

it's not like he had any reason to pull this caper 2-3 years ago.

This argument needs to be spread far and wide, especially to those who think he did nothing wrong. Failing to even consider the case invites a coup attempt every time a sitting president is leaving office because either it works and we have a dictator, or oh well, we can’t do anything about it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

This argument needs to be spread far and wide, especially to those who think he did nothing wrong. Failing to even consider the case invites a coup attempt every time a sitting president is leaving office because either it works and we have a dictator, or oh well, we can’t do anything about it.

Also needs to be made crystal clear that Senator Lindsey Graham of the Graham Telephone Call to the Georgia Secretary of State was in on the whole kettle of rancid stinking slimy fish.

• Hook 'Em 2

agree about mitch, but not about evidence. he wasn’t cleared in the first impeachment because of lack of evidence, and he won’t be convicted this time when we hear all the horrifying details. 
they don’t have the fucking balls to stand up to trump voters. 

The point of laying out a mountain of horrifying evidence is not to convict. It’s to make the cowardly Republicans openly betray their country and the truth in broad daylight, with nowhere to hide.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

The point of laying out a mountain of horrifying evidence is not to convict. It’s to make the cowardly Republicans openly betray their country and the truth in broad daylight, with nowhere to hide.

Jeebus, anyone who watched the full hearings and read the committee transcripts from the first impeachment would have seen the bolded bit; and considering a lot of folks did not do that but accepted what they were told--my confidence is shaky.

Those transcripts, where the GOP members who had lied about being able to attend hearings lay out exactly how they ducked and dodged any interest in what they knew to be true. It was one of the most shameful things I've read. And Devin Nunes received a MoF for it.

• Rage+1 1

She’s ugly and stupid.

Physical appearance is a who cares, and stupid is not preferred, but ok. The system might correct that.

Evil not so much. She is evil.

That's true there should be at minimum training and an exam to pass at least as well as a HS diploma. I don't like it much either but with the sheer millions of Americans being too stupid to sustain democracy some terrible choices are going to have to be made. We can't have a Congress with too many Boeberts or it'll be full on Idiocracy. 

13ad2b09ccf9dbad3a206661a84a2db0.jpg

I’m standing right here guys. sheesh!

I like this painting, one dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way.  And this pioneer guy's saying "What do you want from me?"  

Edited by Lobo

14 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Some training would not be amiss, especially prior to serving on committees. I like the idea of having a HS diploma or equivalent. However, it would not have to be a deal breaker. Not every intelligent person goes to college or university. That being said, I would rather like to see intelligence/learning celebrated and worthy when applied towards public service and office. What I mean is, I see people (GOP colleagues) ridiculing AOC for having aspired to attend a good school and graduate while downplaying their own elite private school educations in order to appear like the 'common clay.' Huh-uh guys. Own it and accept that the standard of culpability is going to be set quite high when you commit sedition and corrupt acts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

McConnell has fucked around and will now find out that what he controlled with an iron fist four years ago has transformed into a hydra. 

He wants his old style of wicked GOPs to return to power, but Trumpists are a totally new hydra head of the hate engine. Cut off the Trumpist head and two new sets of fanged reptile heads will appear in its place and start biting him personally. 

His brand is on its way out. It's now the Trump and Boebert and Gaetz and Gohmert. Malign schizphrenic and powermad ignoramuses carried by a large plurality of racist hate mongers hooked on the rage.

spacer.png

Mitch's best hope is to just survive the ride. He ain't in control.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

why would they need to hide when they can just be themselves and continue to get reelected?

i've seen zero evidence that their bullshittery has cost them votes.  graham, mcconnell, cornyn, susan collins, they all won going away.  if not for a herculean effort by stacey abrams, mcconnell is still majority leader. 

after 4 years of gargling trump's balls for the world to see, the gop overperformed in 2020, less than a year removed from a slam dunk impeachment case.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2