Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So 45 senators voted to dismiss the trial due to it being unconstitutional. No way trump will be convicted. 

Wait one minute. I was told that a lot of Rs wanted Trump to be impeached and gone from their party. I was duped!!! Next thing you are going to tell me is that Rs really like Trump and they stand for everything he does. But I won’t hear your lies. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The whole thing is gross but Pelosi and Schumer aren’t stupid. The longer they can keep Trump relevant the longer he will unite Democrats and divide Republicans.

Politically, I think him being acquitted is a win for democrats. For the health of our republic, definitely a deep wound 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Trump's correspondence?  What the fuck does that mean?  All the guy knew how to do was tweet.  He can't do shit with a pen except an impression of a Michael J. Fox impression of a Trump signature would look like.  Appearances and official activities are just gonna be a handful of things he gets to do each year in Florida besides golf because he's afraid to leave the state now.  He needs an "office of the former President" like the octo-mom needs a publicist to handle all the demands on her time and expertise.  

c2efuvtucaepxw8.jpg?quality=80&w=970&str

Politically, I think him being acquitted is a win for democrats. For the health of our republic, definitely a deep wound 

Democrats know it but won’t take the high road and drop it. Republicans know it and are too chickenshit to do the right thing and convict.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

c2efuvtucaepxw8.jpg?quality=80&w=970&str

Talk about "Uncanny Valley"  He looks like what a wax figure/robot host version of himself would look like.  And just as fucking creepy.  

I'm sure that's his excuse when he molested Ivanka, "Honey, it's okay...I don't really look that much like your real father."  

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Covid? GOP taking a page out of the Russia handbook? Either way, get well soon.

Durbin told CNN he’s okay. 

MORE: @SenatorDurbin just told @wolfblitzer that @SenatorLeahy’s wife Marcelle (who is a nurse) reported back that Leahy is doing fine. He is resting comfortably at the hospital. Durbin emphasized the hospital trip was out of an “abundance of caution

• Hook 'Em 1

Hmmmm, hope he's okay.  two weeks until trial starts so that's good.  Would it fall to next in Senate leadership hierarchy like Dick Durbin or Schumer?  

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

the truly amazing part of this is that these people were in the fucking chamber right before it was stormed by the mob. they were in mortal danger. and yet they play politics with this shit. they could wash their hair of trump right fucking away if they wanted. yeah, they might get primary opponents, but at some point you gotta have some kind of princip....oh, right, republicans. they are truly opportunistic reptiles. it's disgusting the lack of integrity.

They're the most despicable people since the fucking NAZIs.

Some believe they are right and libs are the true evil. Some are cynically manipulating the rubes for self-gratification, some are a combination.

All of them need to be swept into the cold sea.

Let's see if there are no consequences. I'm sort of doubting that electorate can focus long enough to digest the sedition argument. They're too tired from being in their houses and not having enough new TV to watch.

I give it less than a 50% chance that anyone beyond the actual rioters feels the righteous heat of the law.

Idiot World/Irony Deaf World/Lazy World

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Is this like when his dad's Alzheimer's got bad and they just let him go to the office and pretend to work?  

That's been his mode for a while now.  He's done 0% work since November and maybe topped out at 1-2 hours a day before that.

(COVID parties, Tweeting and calling in to Fox & Friends is not work)

Good point.  2021 U.S. Senate does answer the question, "What if David Simon mashed up all the characters from all five seasons of 'The Wire' into one reunion episode?" 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Good point.  2021 U.S. Senate does answer the question, "What if David Simon mashed up all the characters from all five seasons of 'The Wire' into one reunion episode?" 

yep.  this is as if after the poker game got robbed, the jury was comprised of marlo, the other guys at the table, avon, prop joe, and omar's life partner.

I’m going to regret asking this, but can the Senate “table” the trial, putting it off indefinitely? Democrats can wait until they have the votes for a conviction. If Republicans want to acquit, they will have to wait until they regain the Senate and then call for a trial themselves. In the meantime, Trump stays in limbo.

I love that Trump charged his dumbass minions full freight on a meeting space and catering at one of his hotels to discuss the illegal usurping of his defeat.  I mean, you're asking people to commit at best, a felony...at worst, high treason.  You can't throw 'em a couple of comped drink tickets and validated parking?  

I've never partaken in a criminal conspiracy to overthrow a duly elected government...but I would imagine rule #1 is don't mention the conspiracy online (obvious).  But a close rule #2 would be:  Don't hold the criminal conspiracy meeting in a building with the ringleader's fucking name on it!  Or is that your plausible deniability?..."Your honor, why would I, a sitting U.S. Senator, be foolish enough to discuss such a crime in one of our President's luxurious hotels?  I mean, that'd be like plotting to kidnap Paris Hilton inside the Midtown Hilton.  Damnit, strike that your honor (mumbles to self 'get it together, Lindsey')."  

Who gives a fuck what emboldens this fucktard? 
60-70% of the American people are emboldened by someone having a backbone and pursing ethics and fairness and the betterment of the country and the driving out of scoundrels. 
The rest, including the Dotard, can choke on a bag of dicks, with all due respect.

I would rather they ignore him now than hand him a win. They 100% know those are the only two options.

If this had happened with enough time on the clock to convict and remove him from office then things would have been different. I think R’s would have had to bow to the pressure to remove him. Obviously that would have been a way better outcome.

That’s not the case though, and having the trial now is purely political and keeps Trump in the spotlight and gives his lunatic followers more to feed on. You say “who gives a fuck” but these people have proven that they can be whipped up into violent action.

I know everyone wants a conviction and I would have liked that too. But now that it 100% isn’t going to happen (thanks cowards) we should be happy that he’s out of office and off of Twitter and give him as little media coverage as possible. He deserves no more of our attention, ever.

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I know everyone wants a conviction and I would have liked that too. But now that it 100% isn’t going to happen (thanks cowards) we should be happy that he’s out of office and off of Twitter and give him as little media coverage as possible. He deserves no more of our attention, ever.

*Sob* I don't like reading that, but there's some truth to it. I want him to be held accountable; time and time again these bastids have shown what happens. But if no conviction is the outcome, then yes--it may be even worse. The more that comes out, the more you see them charting the path to Fascist Takeover: Season Two.

Plus:

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Because he will be acquitted and emboldened. Again. And his supporters will eat it up. I think it would have been better for the country to drop it once he was out of office.

That's not taking the high road.  That's pragmatism.  The high road would be insisting that elected officials abide by their oaths and that the procedures put in place to curb abuses are utilized.  If nothing else the exercise will further reveal how broken our system has become. 

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I would rather they ignore him now than hand him a win. They 100% know those are the only two options.

If this had happened with enough time on the clock to convict and remove him from office then things would have been different. I think R’s would have had to bow to the pressure to remove him. Obviously that would have been a way better outcome.

That’s not the case though, and having the trial now is purely political and keeps Trump in the spotlight and gives his lunatic followers more to feed on. You say “who gives a fuck” but these people have proven that they can be whipped up into violent action.

The point now is to make every Republican senator vote in support of treason.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Also, to discourage "do everything you can to steal an election you lost, and if you succeed then you can stay in office as long as you like. If not, then hey no big deal, you're out of office anyway with zero repercussions" in the future. Seems kind of important. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The point now is to make every Republican senator vote in support of treason.

I mean, you and I think that's good -- we'll get the GOP on record supporting treason.

Here's the problem: the GOP base is just fine with treason.  They fucking LIKE treason.  They fucking WANT treason.  If you offered them the option of "how about the GOP members of congress just shoot all the Dem members, and take over the government," they'd be in favor of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, you and I think that's good -- we'll get the GOP on record supporting treason.

Here's the problem: the GOP base is just fine with treason.  They fucking LIKE treason.  They fucking WANT treason.  If you offered them the option of "how about the GOP members of congress just shoot all the Dem members, and take over the government," they'd be in favor of it.

Yeah, but a ton of Americans still don't get that. So we need to take every opportunity to prove it to them.