Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay, fair.  But, she's really, REALLY my type.  So, like, top 1% material.

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Republican cowardice. Republican shamelessness. Republican gaslighting. And a cat arguing a Zoom hearing.

This; you've missed all of this and Mr. Brisketexan is a sweet heart but if his opposition ever wants to render him speechless in a Zoom trial, they really just need to use the Sela Ward face filter instead of the cat filter and plead tech ignorance to the judge.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

but dickhead gaetz is already doing that. he already flew to wyoming to rally against liz cheney. 

my contention is this: the republicans are in the big fight for their identity a decade from now. my point is that it's my belief that if they cut trump loose now, and they should, he might start his new party or whatever. but i think that machine is fading, and those voters, the patriots, the q people, are going to become disaffected and lost their steam for their movement. you can only string people along for a finite time period. they already did in georgia, which resulted in two democratic senators.

if they don't cut him loose, and matt gaetz and jim jordan and other fuckfaces are going to continue to stoke the crazy. had they chosen to cut him loose, i think it takes some of the air out of gaetz's sales, because those people on the capitol steps in wyoming aren't showing up unless their orange god is. the republican senate has the ability to completely mitigate any of that fuckery.

I know, and my point is that they're past the point of no return now, for all intense and porpoises. Their golden opportunity to cut him loose as a party was right after 1/6. Obviously that's not happened, thus the cancer that is Trumpism will continue to grow within the Rs. 

I'm just not sure how you envision this turning around at this point. This is MTG's party now, not Turtle's. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I know, and my point is that they're past the point of no return now, for all intense and porpoises. Their golden opportunity to cut him loose as a party was right after 1/6. Obviously that's not happened, thus the cancer that is Trumpism will continue to grow within the Rs. 

I'm just not sure how you envision this turning around at this point. This is MTG's party now, not Turtle's. 

I cannot read that and NOT think of this scene.

• Haha 1

"Snap Impeachment", Senator Cornyn?  Really?  That's what we're going with?  At least tow the party line and call it "Unconstitutional Impeachment."  

Commander Dipshit started casting doubt on the validity of his own fucking government's election 6 months ago saying no matter what happens, it's all bullshit.  And he formally incited doubt and action for the last 100 days.  He literally bitched and moaned about the election and riled up the half-'tards that make up a good chunk of this website for 100 fucking days.  That's not a "Snap" event.  100 days in 2020-21 is like 9 years to the Framers.  This should moved glacially, you ask me...you fucking jagoff.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

"When we say people?  Why do we say that?  What makes a people, a person?  And who gets to decide whose people the person the people could be?  And that's really what Mr. Castor was trying to achieve in the hearing."  

That happened.  Today.  On CSPAN.  In the country my grandfather and father went overseas to protect.  Well done.  

Dude.

38 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

gaslighting

Didn't we all pretty much witness it? He did it openly over the course of 2 months and brought it to boil on the 6th. And he tweeted us his internal play by play. What more do we need?

Edited by B00M
Lobo's right. He telegraphed this well in advance of Nov
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

Didn't we all pretty much witness it? He did it openly over the course of 2 months and brought it to boil on the 6th. And he tweeted us his internal play by play. What more do we need?

If they would have spent months developing evidence, it would have been - "they spent months putting this together and there is still not a smoking gun" and "it's clear when they have to spend this long going through evidence, there is not enough evidence."    

It's all just bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And one of the jurors is a fringe-wearing brisket-boiling lump of ass cheese....so what?

"You know, Esquire says that fringes, ruffles, and tassels are making a huge comeback in 2021 menswear." 

I called it earlier this week, via Esquire.  And here we are...watching it unfold in real time with a guy who saw the scene in "Naked Gun" where she boils a brisket and he thought, "very hot.  And very wet."  

To be fair to the PSA messages of the 1980's, Trump's lawyers would have butchered that ad and said, "And remember kids, go to your vitamins, say all your class, and eat your prayers.  The Donald is counting on you."  

I think of that scene in West Wing where Bartlett tells Charlie to not even consider lying for him or he will cut him off.  But Charlie, every loyal, asks if there is anything else he can do.  And Jed says something to the effect of, "Yes Charlie, go to law school and pass the bar as soon as is humanly possible.  I know it's a fictional show, but the backbone displayed in that scene.  And then I think of a conversation between Trump and yet another lawyer he's trying to convince to represent him in exchange for expired meat and bottled water.  The absolutely unethically complicit shit that must be verbally spewed between these assclowns.  How the fuck did we get here? 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

To be fair to the PSA messages of the 1980's, Trump's lawyers would have butchered that ad and said, "And remember kids, go to your vitamins, say all your class, and eat your prayers.  The Donald is counting on you."  

I think of that scene in West Wing where Bartlett tells Charlie to not even consider lying for him or he will cut him off.  But Charlie, every loyal, asks if there is anything else he can do.  And Jed says something to the effect of, "Yes Charlie, go to law school and pass the bar as soon as is humanly possible.  I know it's a fictional show, but the backbone displayed in that scene.  And then I think of a conversation between Trump and yet another lawyer he's trying to convince to represent him in exchange for expired meat and bottled water.  The absolutely unethically complicit shit that must be verbally spewed between these assclowns.  How the fuck did we get here? 

I think about The West Wing often these days.  I watched the episode where he gives Charlie the carving knife made by Paul Revere a few days ago.

I just jumped on here and the page was at the start, where people were talking about the opening video, and also talking about the assumed R reaction to it. 
well here’s a social media post from someone I know, who I haven’t put on ignore because in between trump shit he posts good food pron. but this was in reference to the video:

The Dems lead the case with a Hollywood edited movie full of cussing and half stories...

This is a disgrace to America...

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I think about The West Wing often these days.  I watched the episode where he gives Charlie the carving knife made by Paul Revere a few days ago.

Yeah well, did you know on his last day in office, Trump gave his body-man a handful of plastic knives from Burger King that he found in a drawer in the residence?  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah well, did you know on his last day in office, Trump gave his body-man a handful of plastic knives from Burger King that he found in a drawer in the residence?  

He probably gave him Covid at some point as well.  Jed Bartlett had better parting gifts.  

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I just jumped on here and the page was at the start, where people were talking about the opening video, and also talking about the assumed R reaction to it. 
well here’s a social media post from someone I know, who I haven’t put on ignore because in between trump shit he posts good food pron. but this was in reference to the video:

Not long ago this kind of comment would get a rise out of me, but I think I'm finally just about immune or numb to this gaslighting shit. I really don't care what any of them say. I've just written them off and accepted that they're un-American cultist morons lacking any tegridy.

I'm just pissed that nobody is getting behind my re-education camp plan and we have to co-exist with them. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

in trump's white house, he signs an elton john cd and gives that to charlie

'Donald J Trump' 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Snap Impeachment", Senator Cornyn?  Really?  That's what we're going with?  At least tow the party line and call it "Unconstitutional Impeachment."  
Commander Dipshit started casting doubt on the validity of his own fucking government's election 6 months ago saying no matter what happens, it's all bullshit.  And he formally incited doubt and action for the last 100 days.  He literally bitched and moaned about the election and riled up the half-'tards that make up a good chunk of this website for 100 fucking days.  That's not a "Snap" event.  100 days in 2020-21 is like 9 years to the Framers.  This should moved glacially, you ask me...you fucking jagoff.

It’s precisely in cases like this where it’s important that the process be followed. “Everyone knows he’s guilty” is a terrible precedent to set for bypassing due process. Even if everyone knows he’s guilty.

That said this is impeachment and not a criminal or civil trial so it’s not exactly the same. I don’t know how flexible the rules are for an impeachment trial.

Lastly Cornyn should shut the fuck up. Your team handed the keys of power to the Democrats for the foreseeable future. You might not wanna whine on Twitter.

40 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s precisely in cases like this where it’s important that the process be followed. “Everyone knows he’s guilty” is a terrible precedent to set for bypassing due process. Even if everyone knows he’s guilty.

That said this is impeachment and not a criminal or civil trial so it’s not exactly the same. I don’t know how flexible the rules are for an impeachment trial.

Lastly Cornyn should shut the fuck up. Your team handed the keys of power to the Democrats for the foreseeable future. You might not wanna whine on Twitter.

What due process is trump not getting?  His trial started yesterday.    Who is bypassing due process and how are they bypassing it?

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Even in criminal matters there is no constitutional requirement that police investigate for a certain period of time. It is a completely nonsense complaint. If it is obvious that you did it, the police and prosecution file charges almost immediately. There is no need to wait for an extended investigation. The trial is the due process.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So when Trump said, "All the Winning", he just meant for him personally...in impeachment trials.  So he's 2 for 2, and America is 0 for fucked.

When Guilfoyle said THE BEST....IS YET....TO COME!, it was definitely that the following would happen:

• Biden wins the presidency 
  • Biden wins the presidency about 12 more times because of recounts
  • 1-70 in court (or whatever ridiculous number of losses)
  • Democrats win the Senate
  • Impeachment part 2
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

to be fair to Kimberly and her boyfriend, she was railed out of her mind at the time on coke, vodka & red bull, and huffing something that takes out carpet stains.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

to be fair to Kimberly and her boyfriend, she was railed out of her mind at the time on coke, vodka & red bull, and huffing something that takes out carpet stains.  

Derail--how is it that you know she and Jr. are on coke? I have seen that  talked about before, but that is a world alien to me. I've heard it talked about that the President abuses OTC stimulants, but the other one seems like you would get really sick wouldn't you? These are not young people, he is 43 and she is over fifty. Seems like heart attack or stroke country. Since it's hard to read tone in text--it's curiousity here not accusatory of you.