Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Lee and Tuberville should both be sworn as witnesses after that. But then they should be disqualified as jurors.

If he were to testify, Tuberville would have the real impeachment hat trick: instigator of the insurrection, victim of the insurrection, juror for impeachment for the insurrection, and witness to the insurrection trial.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

what would have been the excuse if Dems had been able to force trial before inauguration?  total bullshit of their own making

Ask them on twitter and other places.

Senator, if you think this should have been tried while Trump was still in office, how would you have voted on Jan 15th based on this evidence?

Senator, you called this a snap impeachment yesterday but today you say that you can't vote to convict because he is out of office, how do you reconcile that?

Senator, In the first impeachment you did not convict because the crime of extortion was not called out in the article.  This time the crime of inciting insurrection is, is this more or less serious than when you voted to convict Bill Clinton?

Senator, you said there were no witnesses in the indictment phase but you don't want to call witnesses in the trial/jury phase.  Can you explain your position?  Why not call the police officer that had his eye gouged out or the DOD officials that did not send the National Guard?

Call bullshit.

image.jpeg.950bee911b013de3bd8e592f3b64ab2c.jpeg

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

If he were to testify, Tuberville would have the real impeachment hat trick: instigator of the insurrection, victim of the insurrection, juror for impeachment for the insurrection, and witness to the insurrection trial.  

Plus it would be like getting my dog to talk.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Can be explained by this. 

He's got multiple messages because he has multiple audiences 

I think the more salient point is that people live in bubbles that exclude politics.  Most people don't pay attention.  He's correct about the people that think they pay attention.  I'd wager less than 10% of Americans actually have any clue what is happening right now, on the level that this forum does.  And I don't consider us all that smart.  

• Like 2

Yeah, he seems like he's worried about photos of him with a mouthful of cock are gonna somehow surprise us/usurp him.  Dude, we're all cool with it.  We all know.  You can easily preempt their move by just coming clean about it.  No judgement, you're down to clown...we get it.  Don't let them dictate whatever shred of patriotic decency you have left.  I still think there's hope for you, you silly little cat. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This shit ain’t good for my health.

It will forever be insane to me that Lindsey Graham spent the first 60 years of his life carefully crafting a moderate, “maverick” persona only to throw it all away to become a lapdog to Donald Trump.

Lindsey has always known what kind of man he likes.  That man with presidential power was like love potion number 9 to Lindsey.  Irresistible. 

33 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck these bullshit proceedings.  I wish they would convict but they won’t.  The faster this ends, the faster NY can work their way up his fat ass.  That’s the real deal shit.  Let’s get it on.  

This is what I was saying before all this started. This was never going to be anything other than a shit show and they were never going to convict. They should have announced after the inauguration that as a former president he's now subject to the justice system and will be investigated, arrested, and tried for his crimes including inciting insurrection and it's now turned over to the DOJ and state attorney general's to handle. This should be Merrick Garland and the state's number 1 priority for the next year or two to clean this mess up and lock away as many as the evidence allows. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, he seems like he's worried about photos of him with a mouthful of cock are gonna somehow surprise us/usurp him.  Dude, we're all cool with it.  We all know.  You can easily preempt their move by just coming clean about it.  No judgement, you're down to clown...we get it.  Don't let them dictate whatever shred of patriotic decency you have left.  I still think there's hope for you, you silly little cat. 

what if the other guy was 16 at an Epstein party.

I really think this is where Trump got all his dirt on turtle, Rafael, ladybug, and others.

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This shit ain’t good for my health.

It will forever be insane to me that Lindsey Graham spent the first 60 years of his life carefully crafting a moderate, “maverick” persona only to throw it all away to become a lapdog to Donald Trump.

He’s still grieving the loss of the man he was so in love with. 

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

This is what I was saying before all this started. This was never going to be anything other than a shit show and they were never going to convict. They should have announced after the inauguration that as a former president he's now subject to the justice system and will be investigated, arrested, and tried for his crimes including inciting insurrection and it's now turned over to the DOJ and state attorney general's to handle. This should be Merrick Garland and the state's number 1 priority for the next year or two to clean this mess up and lock away as many as the evidence allows. 

I think many of us believe the process is necessary to insure the record of events is recorded for posterity, so that long after we die in the camps, the memory of the senators that vote not guilty, and who will burn in hell for eternity, is etched in stone.

red-dawn-partisan-rock.jpg.6a92c116c7705bc1daaa4cec275541bc.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I think many of us believe the process is necessary to insure the record of events is recorded for posterity, so that long after we die in the camps, the memory of the senators that vote not guilty, and who will burn in hell for eternity, is etched in stone.

never forget !!!

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Lol with the mountains of evidence this second vote will be a blip.  I’m thinking the NY colonoscopy will reveal some next level shit - actually it won’t reveal much, but hopefully it will prove what we suspect.  That this dumbass is knee deep in debt to our enemies and he did, in fact, butt chug bleach to beat the Rona.  

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This won't mean jack. All that will be recorded is he was not convicted in the senate twice. The details will be lost to history. What will leave a much bigger mark is if he's the first ex president convicted of criminal felonies and imprisoned. 

• Fuck You 2

I have not watched much, yesterday was the first time I sat down for about ten minutes and saw it live; otherwise am getting updates from here and a few social media accounts. Has any of the argument been how the speech specifically mentions Pence and ties it to the "Hang Pence, where's Pence" that the insurrectionists were shouting. It seems if the high crime is inciting the mob, that is a specific name, albeit it the man knows how to speak in generalizations.

Very few people are watching. Although I love viewing a good orator, the stakes in this are so high, I'm having difficulty keeping calm, so may need a mental health time out.

I thought the managers did really well yesterday. I just hope, as a trial lawyer, that the managers don't belabor the point and redundantly present essentially the same evidence today. The congresswoman this morning so far seems to be presenting the same stuff as yesterday. Perhaps there will be some new stuff. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have not watched much, yesterday was the first time I sat down for about ten minutes and saw it live; otherwise am getting updates from here and a few social media accounts. Has any of the argument been how the speech specifically mentions Pence and ties it to the "Hang Pence, where's Pence" that the insurrectionists were shouting. It seems if the high crime is inciting the mob, that is a specific name, albeit it the man knows how to speak in generalizations.

Very few people are watching. Although I love viewing a good orator, the stakes in this are so high, I'm having difficulty keeping calm, so may need a mental health time out.

They did .5 to 1 hour worth of Pence assassination  late afternoon yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Orale said:

I thought the managers did really well yesterday. I just hope, as a trial lawyer, that the managers don't belabor the point and redundantly present essentially the same evidence today. The congresswoman this morning so far seems to be presenting the same stuff as yesterday. Perhaps there will be some new stuff. 

She should have opened with "for those of you who felt the need to leave the chamber or opted not to pay attention, we will be reiterating things from yesterday" 

I just put it on. And Raskin is discussing Michigan and the kidnapping conspiracy

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

every single one of the senators that votes not guilty is going to burn in hell for all eternity.

billboards.

billboards for all our friends.

I wonder if these Rs realize how much posterity will abhor what they've done/are doing.  There will be entire college courses on how half of our political system cravenly and shamelessly betrayed the nation and self-immolated in slow motion -- all in service of the votes and grift of a cult of deplorables. 

This shit is going to blow the minds of future students of American history. Well, hopefully. Hopefully we stamp out this cancer and it's not the new normal for long. 

Whats the protocol on calling out senatorial jurors for being dismissive during the trial?  Like, can't one of the managers be like, hey Hawley get your nazi feet off the desk and do your constitutional duty you little bitch. What if they said it nicer just to call em out? It would be infuriating to me to be giving a badass presentation like they've been doing proving 100% guilt and the ACTUAL jurors wont hear evidence. That wouldn't pass in any court in America.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I wonder if these Rs realize how much posterity will abhor what they've done/are doing.  There will be entire college courses on how half of our political system cravenly and shamelessly betrayed the nation and self-immolated in slow motion -- all in service of the votes and grift of a cult of deplorables. 

This shit is going to blow the minds of future students of American history. Well, hopefully. Hopefully we stamp out this cancer and it's not the new normal for long. 

Based on my neighborhoods Facebook page with all the memes about how democrats stole the election (every accusation being a confession ya know), I think a lot of those votes will be up for grabs for decades.  

15 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Ask them on twitter and other places.

Senator, if you think this should have been tried while Trump was still in office, how would you have voted on Jan 15th based on this evidence?

Senator, you called this a snap impeachment yesterday but today you say that you can't vote to convict because he is out of office, how do you reconcile that?

Senator, In the first impeachment you did not convict because the crime of extortion was not called out in the article.  This time the crime of inciting insurrection is, is this more or less serious than when you voted to convict Bill Clinton?

Senator, you said there were no witnesses in the indictment phase but you don't want to call witnesses in the trial/jury phase.  Can you explain your position?  Why not call the police officer that had his eye gouged out or the DOD officials that did not send the National Guard?

Call bullshit.

image.jpeg.950bee911b013de3bd8e592f3b64ab2c.jpeg

This needs to be asked of all those who vote not to impeach.   But they'd most likely answer with something like: "I'd abstain because to do that on the 15th would not have given Trump enough time to mount a defense."    No technicality is off limits in order to avoid doing the job their oath demands. 

14 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

When they vote to not impeach, will that then protect him from other prosecution under double jeopardy?

What are the odds they go after some of his family and people like MyPillowGuy through the channels you speak of?

5 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Whats the protocol on calling out senatorial jurors for being dismissive during the trial?  Like, can't one of the managers be like, hey Hawley get your nazi feet off the desk and do your constitutional duty you little bitch. What if they said it nicer just to call em out? It would be infuriating to me to be giving a badass presentation like they've been doing proving 100% guilt and the ACTUAL jurors wont hear evidence. That wouldn't pass in any court in America.

it seems like at some point - it might have actually been on Jan 6 during the actual 'objection' debate - i heard some commentary about that.

i think it was in the House where the guys almost came to blows? i recall some commentary about how you aren't really supposed to actually call anybody out by name or something - not necessarily a 'rule' but a custom/protocol. 

but at this point fuck custom/protocol, how much of that have they already tossed out? i mean, some of these fuckers encouraged an angry mob to attack their colleagues, fuck protocol. i'd be calling out mfers left and right. 😡

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

American history will have been folded into the fallen empires of the industrial and information ages curriculum. 

While the Cold War dominated the global landscape during the middle and late 20th century, both of the key powers would no longer exist by the middle of the 21st century.  20th century historians believed that the USA had won the Cold War. Modern historians now all agree that Russia won the Cold War and place less focus on the devolution of the USSR. Russia, no matter the name it went by, had an almost unbroken chain of fascist leadership for 100 years through various country names. Its hard to imagine the currently sparsely populated Russia being a power, or that the many warring nations of North America were once one country. Or that the popular dive site of Miami was once a bustling city on land. But this is the reason why the remaining nations decided to implement strict laws against disinformation. 

• Rage+1 1

12 current GOP senators voted to impeach or convict Clinton for lying about a blowjob

Blunt - voted to impeach
Burr - voted to impeach
Crapo - voting to impeach AND voted to convict
Grassley - voted to convict
Graham - voted to convict
Inhofe - voted to convict
McConnell - voted to convict
Moran - voted to impeach
Portman - voted to impeach
Shelby - voted to convict
Thune - voted to impeach
Wicker - voted to impeach

• Rage+1 7

15 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I believe the correct nomenclature is "golden sombrero", sir.