Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

9 minutes ago, B00M said:

Of course his defense can't just say when trump called for the NG. Must be damning.

He never did.   Never called for the NG.

The acting SecDef delayed it and never called for it.

An undersecretary of the Army finally ignored the chain of command and did it.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

What's that?

Oh it's Latin, isn't it?

That's Latin, darlin', evidently @Bozo_Casanova here's an educated man. Now I really hate him. 

In answer to the question, I don't really think this is something to which res ipsa would apply.  You really need to prove the causal connection.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's Latin, darlin', evidently @Bozo_Casanova here's an educated man. Now I really hate him. 

In answer to the question, I don't really think this is something to which res ipsa would apply.  You really need to prove the causal connection.

I had a few casual connections in my day.

Wait, what?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, deech said:

They can't impeach the President because he's not the President anymore, but they should have spent weeks and months developing evidence.  Love the stupidity.

This is the Racehorse Haynes tactic:

Say you sue me because you claim my dog bit you. Well now, this is my defense: My dog doesn't bite. And second, in the alternative, my dog was tied up that night. And third, I don't believe you really got bit. And fourth, I don't have a dog.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

@Bozo_Casanovaand his smooth condescension is the big giveaway of his intellectual superiority to mere mortals like me. 

And to expand up your answer, res ipsa loquitur is more of a tort concept in the United States, not criminal (exceptions apply of course). But this is not a criminal trial, so . . . why not. 

Excellent issue spotting BC. 

Anyone else ever dream of a plume of Novichok A-234 wafting into a Republican Cloakroom filled with McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, Gaetz, Nunes, Gohmert, MTG, Stefanik, GunTits, Cawthorn, Roy, Cruz, Hawley, Graham, McConnell, Cornyn, Thune, Ernst, Cotton, Blackburn, Scott, Lee, Johnson, Tuberville, Inhofe and Kennedy? 

No??? Just me???  Oh, no reason ... never mind.   Guess I just need to stop watching the impeachment proceedings ...

um, jamie gangel on cnn has house republicans on the fucking record.

mccarthy called trump, asking him to call off the insurrection, trump said that it isn't his people, it was antifa. mccarthy responded no, these are your people, call it off. to which trump responded "well, kevin, i guess these people are more upset about the election than you are." to which mccarthy yells "do you know who the fuck you're talking to?"

hours later, it should be noted, that mccarthy was back to licking trump's ass objecting to the results of the election.

she had other republicans from the house giving her on the record quotes about that, and how it speaks to trump's state of mind the afternoon of the insurrection.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2