Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

one of the outcomes of the last 3 months will be national efforts to fund opposition to eradicate fuckers like gaetz jordan boggs

Gaetz - FL-1 - R+22

Jordan - OH-4 - R+14

Biggs - AZ-5 - R+15

We can just treat their opponents like Amy McGrath and throw millions to lose by double digits! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

A number of Republicans continue to anonymously tell reporters they can't vote for Impeachment due to fear for the safety and lives of their families and themselves.  Congrats Trumpers.

The call (for more violence) is coming from inside the House.  

Just now, Lobo said:

A number of Republicans continue to anonymously tell reporters they can't vote for Impeachment due to fear for the safety and lives of their families and themselves.  Congrats Trumpers. 

Admitting to cowardice to own the libs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I'm convinced that Gaetz is going to be the one to successfully take up the Trumpist mantle.  He has bought in more than Cruz and Hawley and he has the "he talks like us" idiocy as well to go along with no Ivy league taint like Hawley and Cruz have. 

The cuban rentboy thing might turn off a lot of the MAGA base though.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lobo said:

They’re confessing they’re compromised in the most cowardly seditious way possible 

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I'm convinced that Gaetz is going to be the one to successfully take up the Trumpist mantle.  He has bought in more than Cruz and Hawley and he has the "he talks like us" idiocy as well to go along with no Ivy league taint like Hawley and Cruz have. 

That's what I was saying last week.  Everyone assumes the next torch carrier will be some well-spoken Senator who is able to reel in the MAGA crew, but I think it's far more likely that one of the House lunatics mirrors Trump's run in 2016 and corrals the base to the point of no return.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Gaetz - FL-1 - R+22

Jordan - OH-4 - R+14

Biggs - AZ-5 - R+15

We can just treat their opponents like Amy McGrath and throw millions to lose by double digits! 

Lincoln Project makes a lot of money off of these types of races. Everyone hates these guys but no one tells the donators the likelihood of winning. They usually buy one partisan poll that shows them close and then get more money from donations. Dems need to put money and resources, along with a great candidate, in winnable districts. We have effectively lost certain districts to crazy Rs that cannot be won back. So you have to focus money on the others.

"those responsible for wedneday's chaos will be brought to justice.  except donald trump, ted cruz, josh hawley, and the republican congresscritters such as myself who've been fanning the flames since before the election" -kevin mccarthy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Then they should resign.

I don’t think many realize that the Republicans communications strategy is, as usual, superior to the Democrats. If Democrats don’t figure out a way to finally fix their messaging issues, this mess between Dems/Pubs is going to get way worse. 

Here is an example. The Pubs are hammering unity. Trump is focusing solely on his speech, NOT his continuous banging of the election fraud drum.

The Dems are focusing mostly on the general topic of inciting, but NOT linking it much to his false claims of election fraud. That is the real inciting that has been happening, and the evidence on that is overwhelming - courts, officials, etc. 

The public is starting to focus on the words in his speech, and not his pattern of behavior over election fraud. Many will conclude, just like on Russia, just like on Ukraine, and just like several other issues, that it’s too difficult to conclusively say Trump is guilty based solely on his speech.

Then, when conviction fails the Dems will look like the dividers. It’s all positioning and messaging and the Dems suck at it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

haven't really been paying attention but i assume the republican talking points against impeachment are:

-he shouldn't be impeached because the dems have been trying to impeach him since he got elected

-he shouldn't be impeached since he only has a week left in office

-end of list

how'd i do?

Just now, henrygandorf said:

haven't really been paying attention but i assume the republican talking points against impeachment are:

-he shouldn't be impeached because the dems have been trying to impeach him since he got elected

-end of list

how'd i do?

You skipped over the biggest point: but BLM and ANTIFA.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think many realize that the Republicans communications strategy is, as usual, superior to the Democrats. If Democrats don’t figure out a way to finally fix their messaging issues, this mess between Dems/Pubs is going to get way worse. 

Here is an example. The Pubs are hammering unity. Trump is focusing solely on his speech, NOT his continuous banging of the election fraud drum.

The Dems are focusing mostly on the general topic of inciting, but NOT linking it much to his false claims of election fraud. That is the real inciting that has been happening, and the evidence on that is overwhelming - courts, officials, etc. 

The public is starting to focus on the words in his speech, and not his pattern of behavior over election fraud. Many will conclude, just like on Russia, just like on Ukraine, and just like several other issues, that it’s too difficult to conclusively say Trump is guilty based solely on his speech.

Then, when conviction fails the Dems will look like the dividers. It’s all positioning and messaging and the Dems suck at it.  

Agree with this. Honestly the same shit probably would have gone down even if he didn't give the Ellipse speech last week. And impeachment would be just as appropriate as it is now. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I fear you are correct. The Republicans have proved that they can state a lie or mistruth and keep repeating it until it becomes reality. The Dems have  seemed to cling to being true to their own individual ethics. without uniting behind a single message.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

-end of list

how'd i do?

Pretty much got it but you omitted: the Ds are equally guilty of inciting riots this summer. 

Which is just so relevant to this issue. 

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

We are so far beyond this shit now.  The paradigm has completely shifted. Lots of folks are going to prison in the near future and they won’t be democrats.  That’s going influence messaging strategy.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

-end of list

how'd i do?

kind of good. my favorite is that "they have rushed this impeachment effort," especially in light of their rushed appointment to the supreme court.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

sucks that unity = placating the minority and pissing off the majority.  not sure how that works.  maybe jim jordan can explain it to me.

i understand what you're saying, but most don't care about the details or talking points of the impeachment, and the articles have to be presented in a somewhat narrow way as a matter of procedure.  people were making these same types of posts a year ago.  way it goes.

he's not going to get convicted unless mitch says so.  it has nothing to do with anything (literally anything) else. 

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we have to try dammit

We aren't going to beat them, we will just end up blowing good money on bad races.

We have multiple districts that Biden and a GOP rep won - those are first and foremost where the money goes to keep the House.  Chasing double digit Republican districts is pointless.

Like Brisket said, you beat them in the primary.  But they are already exactly who the base wants.  They're lifers as long as they want to be. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

kind of good. my favorite is that "they have rushed this impeachment effort," especially in light of their rushed appointment to the supreme court.

that's a good one

to dbeasy's point i hope the biden administration sets up a unified messaging war room that conducts real-time intake, like hayden's take, processes against the knowledge set and propagates in seconds.   dems are getting pwned when they should be burning the krakens with verbal napalm on live international television.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

Yeah, the last couple of Rs are pulling the "But BLM and Antifa this summer!"

That's what my MAGA relatives are screaming. They don't understand burning an Autozone isn't the same as invading a seated Congress with intent to kill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1