Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

Trump and the GOP spent 4 years lying to their base to the point that a crazed mob stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop the transfer of power.  But the Democrats shouldn't impeach Trump because it will hurt the country.  Fuck right off.  You don't get the rub shit on the walls and then tell us there should be no consequences for the mess you created.

200.gif

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Are we still looking for a smoking gun after all of this?  Apparently, a bj merits impeachment but sedition, ransacking the country and capitol is a runout the clock moment.  They can ram through a SCOUTS pick faster than at any time in history but impeachment would take too long.  Also, I think we now have yet another strong reason for DC to have statehood and get it's own National Guard.  Every day this dumbfuck remains at large and in the highest national seat of power, he is a national security threat.   Fuck the Republican traitors that enabled it then and fuck the Republican traitors that continue enabling it with their run out the clock rhetoric.   

I think he's learned his lesson.  What's to be gained by wasting time and resources on this?

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I think he's learned his lesson.  What's to be gained by wasting time and resources on this?

Clearly, and his banning from FB and Twitter seems like sufficient punishment considering he's a global threat to democracy.   What could go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trump and the GOP spent 4 years lying to their base to the point that a crazed mob stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop the transfer of power.  But the Democrats shouldn't impeach Trump because it will hurt the country.  Fuck right off.  You don't get the rub shit on the walls and then tell us there should be no consequences for the mess you created.

200.gif

Also, to quote the GOP for the past 4 years, elections have consequences. #FAAFO

Also I will orgasm when the Senate Judiciary committee open its first hearing on Trump’s kid’s illegal dealings and I get to watch Lindsey cry like the traitorous little bitch he is, wanting to hold hearings on Hunter Biden Bc he thought he’d be running that committee again. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I would be very interested in seeing this put to a vote.  Congress hates Ted Cruz.  And it’s not like they’d lose the seat.  The Texas reps would almost certainly vote against it, but the rest of congress hates his ass and probably doesn’t have a lot to lose by replacing him with a fresh GOP face.  Of course Abbott would very likely put another fuckface in that spot.

If Abbott could appoint somebody, and I'm not sure he could given the timing, as another poster here said, he would appoint whoever is the biggest threat to Abbott's political future.  Most likely George P. Bush.  

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Gonna suck for them when their university gets linked to a pool of this kind of ideology.  

TexAgs should have had their shit put on blast this summer over the BLM stuff - every aggy recruit should have been sent links to all of their threads about it, as well as their qanon batshittery.

Luicci and Co. may not believe in the Qanon stuff, but they sure as fuck provide a platform for it.

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

He will almost certainly be impeached, but I will be shocked if Trump is convicted.  The GOP probably thinks they can reduce Trumps influence moving forward without losing his base by blaming him for every law passed in the next 2 years, working to keep him off Twitter and Facebook, and convincing the major donors to help them make Trump look bad.  As things stand no GOP congressman can win election without Trump’s base, and that will keep them from properly punishing him.

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Mitch will get the votes if he wants them. Without Mitchs OK it would be impossible 

Trump and Trump supporters are a liability right now.  If nothing is done, next year, the Democrats will be running 24/7 ads showing all of the Trumpkins rushing the Capitol, trying to crush that cop, Trump encouraging them, etc., and that's not going to play well in the elections.

Trump cost Mitch the Senate leadership, so don't think Mitch is happy with Trump right now.  And he might have blown it for Mitch for the rest of Mitch's time in office.

Trump and his sons have openly vowed to primary quite a few Republican Senators and Representatives.  That, plus what happened on Wednesday, is an existential threat to the GOP, in and out of Congress.

Yes, in the short-term this is going to ramp Trumpkins up, but in the long term, Mitch and Co. need Trump and his base out of the way.  Mitch (and Kevin McCarthy) simply cannot afford to have Trump hanging around with the ability to run in 2024, with the looming threat that Trump will help defeat sitting Republicans next year.

Trump lost a bigly platform last night.  Removing his ability to campaign for office quickly would be the equivalent of yanking the bandaid off or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, kevwun said:

200.gif

100% this. Bullshit that the GOP blames Biden for their enablement of Trump, and it becomes Biden’s fault if the truths of trump’s admin are fully disclosed.  Push through the cabinet confirmations. Jan 21st. Give Biden his first 100 days, start the trial on Day 101.

I would like to see all of the impeachable issues placed on the table. Schumer will be able to get any witness or evidence introduced. Let’s find out how trump steered public money into his pockets.  Put kushner under oath. Dare him to lie especially once he gets a trump pardon.

as mentioned, some of trumps biggest asskissers in the senate may encourage trumps conviction to knock trump out of the ‘24 race. Cruz will try to publicly keep MAGA happy while pushing for conviction behind the scenes.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

as mentioned, some of trumps biggest asskissers in the senate may encourage trumps conviction to knock trump out of the ‘24 race. Cruz will try to publicly keep MAGA happy while pushing for conviction behind the scenes.

Politics certainly makes for strange bedfellows.

I agree that there should be no negotiation between Biden and McConnell.  Fuck McConnell and Rubio and Graham and the rest.  Superfuck Cruz and Hawley.  All those motherfuckers weren’t just complicit in Trump’s rise and sedition, they also were leading the charge to fuck the democrats as much as possible along the way, from judges to foreign policy to legislation.  

Biden and the new Congress, in addition to getting as much of their agenda passed as possible, MUST punish/bury Trumpism and EVERYONE who enabled it, along with evening the legislative score.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Politics certainly makes for strange bedfellows.

I’ve had the thought that if the Biden and the new Congress are able to bury Trumpism, they can then finish off the GOP by funding discarded Trumpers as independents.  This “Patriot Party” I’ve seen mentioned in Trumpkinland would be a godsend for the democrats (and democracy).

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I am still really angry that Mitch is going to once again skate off without having to pay for the damage he wrought. He's allowing the seditious Republicans to act like this was no big deal.

He lost his majority seat, and he's going to be on the sidelines as the Dems push through stuff he doesn't like, and/or reverse stuff he does like.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump and Trump supporters are a liability right now.  If nothing is done, next year, the Democrats will be running 24/7 ads showing all of the Trumpkins rushing the Capitol, trying to crush that cop, Trump encouraging them, etc., and that's not going to play well in the elections.

Trump cost Mitch the Senate leadership, so don't think Mitch is happy with Trump right now.  And he might have blown it for Mitch for the rest of Mitch's time in office.

Trump and his sons have openly vowed to primary quite a few Republican Senators and Representatives.  That, plus what happened on Wednesday, is an existential threat to the GOP, in and out of Congress.

Yes, in the short-term this is going to ramp Trumpkins up, but in the long term, Mitch and Co. need Trump and his base out of the way.  Mitch (and Kevin McCarthy) simply cannot afford to have Trump hanging around with the ability to run in 2024, with the looming threat that Trump will help defeat sitting Republicans next year.

Trump lost a bigly platform last night.  Removing his ability to campaign for office quickly would be the equivalent of yanking the bandaid off or something.

Kevin McCarthy voted to challenge Biden's election after the fucking coup attempt. In their minds they're stuck with Trump's base and they think they can always badger the Dems into being pussies.

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m not exactly sure how this plays out, honestly.  I can’t quite get to 66 without some of the upper Plains state senators who I just can’t read (Hoevan, Rounds, Fischer, Cramer, etc).  

The Senators are pissed off. It’s fucking hard to get on the floor of the Senate, in normal times.   They view themselves as part of the most exclusive club in the world. The only times I’ve done it are during recess in the personal company of floor staff as part of a very personal tour.  Senate staff have to get permission to go on, otherwise the pages shuttle notes. 

To have it breached like that has got to have them absolutely livid. 

This probably is stupid but I read the rule is 2/3 of senators present have to vote to convict. Could a bunch of republicans just not show up resulting in a 2/3 vote to convict?

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Kevin McCarthy voted to challenge Biden's election after the fucking coup attempt. In their minds they're stuck with Trump's base and they think they can always badger the Dems into being pussies.

Yes, because he didn't want a mean tweet and Trump's lapdogs coming after him, but he doesn't have to worry about the first part anymore, and he will either defend the 70 or so Republicans who didn't support Trump's efforts, and who are going to be challenged by Trump and his sons next year, or he can find himself out of the minority leadership.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

What will impeachment do exactly since he only has two weeks left and will face a litany of charges, lawsuits, etc., once he's gone?

Do you think a President should be allowed to incite an overthrow of a duly contested election without repercussion? Because he did incite it. Quite clearly. He had a plan to delay the vote and he implemented that plan. I could go on, but that's enough. I don't care if he has one day left. It must be done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

What will impeachment do exactly since he only has two weeks left and will face a litany of charges, lawsuits, etc., once he's gone?

Not that you care, but if the Senate convicts him, he can never run for a Federal office again.  Which is kind of a big deal for a wannabe dictator.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fakebusiness said:

If the senate has the balls it would remove the greatest threat to the country in its history.

There is no “healing” whatsoever until Trump is removed, as well as Cruz and Hawley. Until all 3 are removed there is no healing.

Don’t talk about healing until those things happen. The country did not start to heal during the civil war until Lee surrendered. Unfortunately it never really did as Lincoln got assassinated and so here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Do you get a kick out of pretending to be an idiot online?

It was an honest question. We're still in the middle of a pandemic. Is it fair to ask if the time & resources used on impeachment should rather be used to help people during a pandemic? I hate Trump as much or more thab the next guy. I just can't wait until he's gone so we can focus on healing this country. Deplatform his ass and then let the courts convict him.

15 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

It was an honest question. We're still in the middle of a pandemic. Is it fair to ask if the time & resources used on impeachment should rather be used to help people during a pandemic? I hate Trump as much or more thab the next guy. I just can't wait until he's gone so we can focus on healing this country. Deplatform his ass and then let the courts convict him.

Until his term ends or he's removed from office, he still holds the powers of the President of the United States of America, including those of Commander in Chief of the most powerful armed forces in the history of the world. The amount of damage he can do is beyond calculation. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

There is no “healing” whatsoever until Trump is removed, as well as Cruz and Hawley. Until all 3 are removed there is no healing.

Don’t talk about healing until those things happen. The country did not start to heal during the civil war until Lee surrendered. Unfortunately it never really did as Lincoln got assassinated and so here we are. 

Add 5 other Senators and over 100 House members, along with thousands of GOP officials at state and local levels around the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fakebusiness said:

If Johnny next door has been threatening your mother for years and finally decided to murder her Wednesday, but happens to be having open heart surgery in two weeks, does your family just pass on pressing charges because there’s lots of other ‘stuff’ going on these days and he may not make it through anyway?  

• Like 1

If Johnny next door has been threatening your mother for years and finally decided to murder her Wednesday, but happens to be having open heart surgery in two weeks, does your family just pass on pressing charges because there’s lots of other ‘stuff’ going on these days and he may not make it through anyway?  
Let's not make it even that dramatic... let's say Johnny is changing jobs and moving in 2 weeks. Do you press charges?

10 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Until his term ends or he's removed from office, he still holds the powers of the President of the United States of America, including those of Commander in Chief of the most powerful armed forces in the history of the world. The amount of damage he can do is beyond calculation. 

A confrontation with Iran or another foreign power is certainly a possibility. Does he respond with nukes? Other disproportionate response? Just nuke them unprovoked cause Bibi asks. He is incredibly dangerous.

11 hours ago, fakebusiness said:

It's not an either/or scenario. Congress has the power to do more than one thing at a time when they're so inclined. 

14 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This probably is stupid but I read the rule is 2/3 of senators present have to vote to convict. Could a bunch of republicans just not show up resulting in a 2/3 vote to convict?

Theoretically he could be removed by just 34 Senators (2/3 of a quorum of 51) but I'm not sure there's a political upside to skipping the vote.

Something no one would ever say:

George W Bush has a historic opportunity to unify America behind the sentiment that our political divisions have gone too far 

But instead he decided to promote the right’s efforts to use this terrible national tragedy to try and crush Al Queda or anyone not anti-Terrorist enough

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

President Donald Trump is considering having Rudy Giuliani and Alan Dershowitz defend him if he faces another impeachment trial, two sources familiar with the matter said.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday Democrats are prepared to move forward with impeachment next week if Trump doesn't resign, and Trump is beginning to mull who would represent him in a Senate trial.

Giuliani, Trump's personal attorney, is expected to represent him, the sources said, and Trump is also considering hiring Dershowitz, a controversial attorney.

I mean Dershowitz probably has some clout remaining, but why in the fuck would you want Rudy involved? Should be good for some laughs. Maybe this time Rudy can stick his hand down his pants WHILE presiding over a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I mean Dershowitz probably has some clout remaining, but why in the fuck would you want Rudy involved? Should be good for some laughs. Maybe this time Rudy can stick his hand down his pants WHILE presiding over a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping. 

Dersh is on TV arguing they can’t impeach him once he’s a private citizen 

And he’s wrong. War Secretary William Belknap was impeached hours after he resigned. He was acquitted in the Senate (majority for each article but not 2/3rds)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Something no one would ever say:

George W Bush has a historic opportunity to unify America behind the sentiment that our political divisions have gone too far 

But instead he decided to promote the right’s efforts to use this terrible national tragedy to try and crush Al Queda or anyone not anti-Terrorist enough

Rubio and all the Republicans act just like the pussy assed bullies they all really are.  They are tough until punched in the nose and then they cower and act nice.  They act tough and bully the Democrats but when they find themselves about to get their asses kicked then their tune changes to "let's all be friends".  I don't think impeachment is the best solution as it makes Trump look like a victim in some peoples eyes, BUT you can't just do nothing like the Republicans are asking.  That fucker incited an insurrection against the United States.   Pretty sure that would fall under "high crimes".  They really need to get him to resign or they need to 25th him.  Impeachment is basically the third choice that will only happen because the Republican Party can't fix the fucking issue themselves.  Pelosi and Schumer should also work on expelling Cruz, Hawley and some of the others that were part of spreading these lies which caused the insurrection.  Traitors don't get to bargain and negotiate for their punishment. 

• Hook 'Em 2