Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

29 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I agree with everything but the last part. While it is a factual statement, it's kind of irrelevant to the argument. If he had urged masks, followed the scientists, etc, then so would his fan base. They do what he tells them, not the other way around.

Also, as much as COVID "hurt" him with some, it "helped" him with other demographics.  The checks with his name on them and him making Biden into the lockdown candidate really helped him with certain demos. 

55 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Say what you will about "defund the police" as a political misstep, but nothing beats denying the seriousness of COVID and adopting anti-mask rhetoric. It was literally a political layup to encourage mask wearing, support quick relief, and take actions to slow the spread. The numbers would be way down, people wouldn't blame him for economic downturn, and we would probably be in a hell of a better position in November. He decided that division and chaos would help him and he was wrong. A lot of "moderates" would have stuck with him even if they didn't necessarily like him if he had just been strong on COVID and argued that a change in leadership would not be wise during a crisis. It would have worked, guaranteed. But here we are, he preferred to be an asshole, including convincing his lunatic fanbase that he was robbed.

33 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Completely agree.  This was the easiest crisis in American history.  All he had to do was appear strong, urge people to follow the scientists and throw in some buzzwords about national unity and he likely wins reelection.  

He just couldn't divorce himself from his fan base.

Either somebody in his circle -- or perhaps DOTARD himself -- felt he was vulnerable come November and decided they had to downplay the seriousness of the virus and keep the economy/country going business-as-usual -- at all costs. Meanwhile, things got worse and worse and worse. He was like Mikey at the tables in Vegas. Double down, baby.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also, as much as COVID "hurt" him with some, it "helped" him with other demographics.  The checks with his name on them and him making Biden into the lockdown candidate really helped him with certain demos. 

I am going to be the asshole who says it.  Unfortunately, COVID hasn't killed off enough of the stupid people in this country.  Cannot believe that in some cases, I actually want COVID to win, but there it is.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Either somebody in his circle -- or perhaps DOTARD himself -- felt he was vulnerable come November and decided they had to downplay the seriousness of the virus and keep the economy/country going business-as-usual -- at all costs. Meanwhile, things got worse and worse and worse. He was like Mikey at the tables in Vegas. Double down, baby.

maxresdefault.jpg

Supposedly, that was Kusher.  (Surprised, I know.)  He thought it would either go away quickly or be relegated to urban centers where they could then blame the Democrats who run those states and cities.

Every time Kushner has gotten involved in political scheming, it goes to shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Supposedly, that was Kusher.  (Surprised, I know.)  He thought it would either go away quickly or be relegated to urban centers where they could then blame the Democrats who run those states and cities.

You mean this guy? Oops! (Kushner did get his dad a pardon, though.)

1000x-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So an idiot who listened to people who had no idea what they were doing? Crazy thing is he might've had some decent people working for him at the beginning but he stupidly fired or ran all them off and was left with the fucktards that are there now.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Say what you will about "defund the police" as a political misstep, but nothing beats denying the seriousness of COVID and adopting anti-mask rhetoric. It was literally a political layup to encourage mask wearing, support quick relief, and take actions to slow the spread. The numbers would be way down, people wouldn't blame him for economic downturn, and we would probably be in a hell of a better position in November. He decided that division and chaos would help him and he was wrong. A lot of "moderates" would have stuck with him even if they didn't necessarily like him if he had just been strong on COVID and argued that a change in leadership would not be wise during a crisis. It would have worked, guaranteed. But here we are, he preferred to be an asshole, including convincing his lunatic fanbase that he was robbed.

Do we have a theory as to WHY he was against science and pretending covid wasn't real to begin with?  Is it just that he's a conspiracy theory nut like his cult?

Edited by Biff Tannen
I see this has been discussed upthread
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Do we have a theory as to WHY he was against science and pretending covid wasn't real to begin with?  Is it just that he's a conspiracy theory nut like his cult?

The man thinks the human body is like a battery and exercise will deplete the finite amount of energy you have across your lifetime.

It's clear he is fucking 2 fries short of a happy meal. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It seems pretty obvious to me. He thought if he could downplay it then he could keep it off the tv and if it's not on the tv it's not real.

• Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The man thinks the human body is like a battery and exercise will deplete the finite amount of energy you have across your lifetime.

It's clear he is fucking 2 fries short of a happy meal. 

This should really be a question on the "Presidential Fitness Test" going forward.  "Do you think the human body is like a battery with finite energy?"

Could give us a heads up next time this occurs.

35 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also, the press conference by the CDC official early on (as the President was returning from his trip to meet with Modi in India) absolutely infuriated him and that often sets his course. I think if it wasn't for Fauci managing to thread that needle once the news broke, it would have been even worse and Fauci still had difficulties with the whole thing.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep and it was an absolutely brain dead decision. You're not gonna fool the stock market by ignorantly cheerleading in the face of a global pandemic. And he wouldn't have been hurt at all if the economy dipped a little bit while he competently responded to the virus. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

It seems pretty obvious to me. He thought if he could downplay it then he could keep it off the tv and if it's not on the tv it's not real.

This.  Once he said "it'll go away with the heat" or "like a miracle" he was never going back on it.  He can't admit he was wrong.  Ever.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hookah Horns said:

Yep and it was an absolutely brain dead decision. You're not gonna fool the stock market by ignorantly cheerleading in the face of a global pandemic. And he wouldn't have been hurt at all if the economy dipped a little bit while he competently responded to the virus. 

The thing, though, is that for months he did.

I think that he ignored it to set up his opportunity to ask government scientists to run experiments with injecting bleach and Lysol into people and exposing them to dangerous levels of UV radiation so that he could watch the video and laugh.  I mean, I don't really think this, but it makes as much sense as anything else.

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pardon the impertinence but this seems as good a place as any to share this story. A few months ago one of my neighbors was getting his car towed. The sign on the tow truck said, “Speedy Gonzalez Towing.” At first I thought, “That seems racist,” but then I noticed it was a couple of Mexican guys doing the towing so I don’t know. Maybe it was just copyright infringement. The logo even included the mouse in the sombrero from the classic Warner Bros cartoon. Warner Bros spelled it Gonzales with an “s” but I can’t imagine that would protect the towing company from a lawsuit.

Anyway, I thought that was odd.

/csb 

Does tow truck advertising work?  Just did!

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My "theory" is that he simply thinks he is smarter in every way than anyone else.  That is why he fired a lot of pretty good people, he could not admit they knew more about something than he did.  Big ego, big fucking mouth, and the knowledge how to best use them both to brainwash the public.  I have no idea how I knew this many years ago but it didn't matter much because most people would not listen.  Same thing with Rush Limbaugh.  It took me five minutes to know he was nothing but a critic with no workable solution for anything he bitched about.  He and Trump could have been twins.  Better off without both of them.

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He did it to get reelected.  He knew that a pandemic on his watch was going to be bad for his reelection chances.  He had two choices - accept that it was happening and do the best he could for the good of the country and probably not get reelected or deliberately downplay and downright deny the virus existed and blame the other side for making it all up and taking people's freedums.  He knew that his base and those he could attract to vote for him would believe anything he said and were already opposed to "the establishment," which includes scholars and scientists and those types.  Based on his priorities and character, it was really the only thing he was ever going to do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Still crazy to think that an intentionally moronic bungling of this pandemic was really the only thing keeping this man from winning reelection, and that it would have meant re-electing the same guy who just ordered his minions to storm another branch of government that was 50% occupied at the time by his friends and sidekick.  

Because everything is about him.

Managing a pandemic is hard and bad so therefore Mother Nature is out to get him.

If a meteor crashed into Wyoming, he’d somehow make that into some kind of plot against him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now I’m basically the same

— an actual quote from this stupid motherfucker

Edited by Sawbonz
But he’s not wrong

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

George W won reelection because of 9/11, which happened three years before the election, and his platform relied heavily on being a "wartime president" and 90% approval for a "presidential" response to 9/11 (questionable in hindsight but that was the perception as I recall at the time). We're still in the middle of a crisis, and any semblance of leadership would have got trump reelected despite his twitter rants. In addition to being an evil asshole, he is also stupid, and surrounded himself with stupid people. 

Exactly.  It's a pretty incredible achievement for a president to be given a massive public health crisis in the final year of his first term and fuck it up so badly that he's not re-elected even though the health crisis is still ongoing.

All he had to do was be presidential, and compassionate, and take decisive action.  Even if it hadn't done anything to slow the crisis down, even if it had only made people feel better or more cared about, it would've gotten him re-elected in a landslide.

It's ironic that Trump's narcissism and egomania led directly to all of this humiliation and shame at the end of his presidency, and it'll last forever in the history books.

All you had to do was be a human being and give one shit about anybody but yourself, jackass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Trump knows that he's not smarter than anyone else. That's why he's always talking about how smart he is.

Exactly.  I don't see Neil deGrasse Tyson telling everybody how smart he is.  He just says smart things instead.

Deep down, Trump knows he's a fucking moron.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

The thing is, a pandemic on his watch actually would have been a very good thing if he would have just pretended to be an adult in front of the cameras and taken the virus seriously. Crises are great for politicians. It's why starting a war is a great way to gain support for reelection.

Sshhhhhhh. Don't even say it aloud. Six days left and that moving truck does not need to be put in reverse.

• Hook 'Em 2

This should really be a question on the "Presidential Fitness Test" going forward.  "Do you think the human body is like a battery with finite energy?"
Could give us a heads up next time this occurs.
Dude gave us plenty of heads up. Ask New Yorkers. Fuck he wrote shit books telling us how full of shit he was
I know, my brother sent me highlighted copies- sucks for me but it's not surprising
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My "theory" is that he simply thinks he is smarter in every way than anyone else.  That is why he fired a lot of pretty good people, he could not admit they knew more about something than he did.  Big ego, big fucking mouth, and the knowledge how to best use them both to brainwash the public.  I have no idea how I knew this many years ago but it didn't matter much because most people would not listen.  Same thing with Rush Limbaugh.  It took me five minutes to know he was nothing but a critic with no workable solution for anything he bitched about.  He and Trump could have been twins.  Better off without both of them.
He is pure Id, there is only his base desires moments in advance, and he was lucky enough to mostly go though life with his Id mostly left to do whatever popped into his short span of attention without getting his ass whipped.
Such a short span of attention
And ohh His nights are so long

50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hey, it's Franklin! But Holly has it covered:

Peaks and valleys in every Presidency. Sometimes you’re working on a tax package, sometimes you’re successfully inciting a mob to attack the Capitol to try and kill the Speaker and your own VP.  Don’t see what the big deal is, don’t judge a guy by his worst moment.

I honestly was too young to remember if Billy Graham was legit or a typical christian charlatan, but he sure as hell raised a massive piece of human shit for a son who is every bit the poster boy of fake churchiness along with Osteen, Fallwell Jr., Jefrees, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I honestly was too young to remember if Billy Graham was legit or a typical christian charlatan, but he sure as hell raised a massive piece of human shit for a son who is every bit the poster boy of fake churchiness along with Osteen, Fallwell Jr., Jefrees, etc.

Billy generally stayed out of politics and tried to be a moral support and confidant for every president, regardless of party.  He was evangelical, and was always pushing mainstream Protestant Christianity, but I don't think that he ever endorsed a candidate.  At least, I don't ever recall him doing so.  He certainly wasn't slimy like Osteen, Falwell, etc.

Franklin is a piece of shit, and a stain on his dad's name.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Scheiss think of better word.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

IMO, they're all shameless piece or shit charlatans.  Nothing but money making machines that enrich the scumbags. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Well, he gets a few things right here.

1. We've never had a president like Trump in Graham's lifetime. 

2. Trump isn't perfect. Pretty insightful observation here. 

3. Trump had well-known flaws ignored by the millions who voted for him. 

4. January 6 was a low point. 

Everything else is bullshit. Special lulz at referencing trump recklessly almost starting a nuke war with North Korea, and then starting a fruitless bromance with Kim, as some kind of accomplishment. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

No Mr. Graham when are the Republicans going to help work for unity? Why does this always fall on the Democrats laps? Why is it always the Republicans voices that need to be heard? 

They don't want unity. They know the Dems would like it because they actually want to get things done and have a functional government, so they try to play that card to manipulate them. 

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

All these Republicans with their "time to heal" bull crap....

When you have a cancerous tumor, you can't begin healing until after the surgery.

Surgery can be painful. But there can be no healing until the tumor is removed.

Yea,  you don't get to walk into marriage counseling and say "let's just move on and heal" and boom, it's done. You have to admit to banging your secretary, spending your life savings on blow, or gambling or whatever you're doing to cause harm in the relationship. And there's some component of realization of the harm you're doing and true remorse in there as well. I'm not feeling any remorse from these assholes, so they haven't hit rock bottom yet. 

• Like 1

This is going to be bonkers 

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani tells ABC News he's working as part of the president's defense team in his upcoming second impeachment trial -- and that he's prepared to argue that the president's claims of widespread voter fraud did not constitute incitement to violence because the widely-debunked claims are true.

"I'm involved right now … that's what I'm working on," Giuliani told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl.

"They basically claimed that anytime [Trump] says voter fraud, voter fraud -- or I do, or anybody else -- we're inciting to violence; that those words are fighting words because it's totally untrue," he said. "Well, if you can prove that it's true, or at least true enough so it's a legitimate viewpoint, then they are no longer fighting words."

He also said that he personally believed Trump should move to dismiss the trial outright.

"If they decide to bring it to a trial, he should move to dismiss the impeachment as entirely illegal. That it was the only impeachment ever done in what, two days, three days," Giuliani told ABC News. "We would say to the court, 'You are now permitting in the future, basically in two days, the Congress can just impeach on anything they want to."

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I can remember back when bringing terrorists to justice was a unifying action.

Much harder when people come to the realization that we are the terrorists. Outrage at capitol police opening the gates to trumpy tards. Lots of silence when our cluster bombs are dropped on school busses full of brown kids.  Pics of soldiers sleeping on the capitol grounds got me wondering if they found oil underneath the dome. 

Edited by Anastasis