Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a drafting hole.  Clearly intended to prevent former Confederates from holding office, but not worded precisely at all.

I mean the people that stormed the capitol were waving confederate flags. So he's a confederate trying to hold office. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Just saw NYT alert that the turtle is trying to delay the trial until Feb.  Um, get fucked in the face you stupid fuck?  You aren't in control anymore asshole!

Is he trying to let it cool down?  I think the further we get from Jan 6 the more cover any R that was going to vote to convict gets for changing their mind.

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s 2/3 to get conviction, then simple majority to bar from office. You can’t vote for bar from office without conviction first. 

I can’t find the 17 Republicans needed. Hope I’m wrong 

Nate Silver did an analysis of potential voting in an impeachment a couple of years ago. His prediction was that the 67th vote would have to be Roy Blunt, but that was before Dem Senate losses in 2018 and a coup attempt on January 6.. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Is he trying to let it cool down?  I think the further we get from Jan 6 the more cover any R that was going to vote to convict gets for changing their mind.

First off, Mitch McConnell has no control over the senate trial timing or rules because he isn't the majority leader anymore.

This is, likely, something discussed and agreed upon by Schumer and Biden to ensure Biden gets his most important Cabinet nominees (DNI, State, Treasury, DHS and Defense) in place prior to a trial starting, to as not delay our intelligence and defense capabilities, diplomacy, economic recovery and domestic security. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, conVINCEd said:

Wood if it just walked in the front door and begged for it.  But I wouldn’t exert a lot of effort.  Kind of like the new coach’s stripper girlfriend.  

If she walked in the door and begged for it I might be looking for the cameras to capture the blackmail material.  Too many years of holding a clearance to not think about the chance of that.

Oh, and my wife is hotter (no pics)

On 1/22/2021 at 9:59 PM, TXSG8R said:

Disagree.  There are lots of smart motherfuckers that didn’t matriculate for reasons other than intelligence. A HS diploma though?  Yea, that should be a requirement. Some type of civics test or class should also be a requirement.  Maybe make the citizenship test mandatory so dumb motherfuckers like Tubbs get weeded out early. 

LOL at having the candidates take a proctored test and making the results public.

The only upside to the trial since the Party Over Country cocksuckers wont' convict is that it will put all 50 republicans on record on a vote. So the more fraud, corruption, illegality, heinous shit comes out about Trump and his admin, they will forever be tied to this cocksucker and hopefully easier to vote out

Of course that will only really apply to purple states in 2 years. 

The rest of these crazy fuckers will just get re-elected by the common clay. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

They should run the video embedded in the link at the trial.  Very strong proof of incitement.

https://www.justsecurity.org/74335/fight-for-trump-video-evidence-of-incitement-at-the-capitol/

I think this is a good idea, but the other side is going to pull out the section where Trump said, "make your voices heard patriotically and peacefully."  There are reports that when his aides urged him to make a statement, he initially refused and said something to the effect of, "why should I, nobody said anything during the black lives matter protests?"  He finally went out and made a video but he ad-libbed said "you are all very special and we love you."  

If they could get someone who was in that room to testify against Trump, I think that would help.  I wonder if any of the cabinet members who resigned were in the room?

Throw this onto the pile of 1,000 different arguments Republicans are making against impeachment.

Cornyn - it's a 2-way street and we can impeach you! Think about strategy.

Gaetz - this is cancel culture!

Graham - we need unity

Others - what about procedural due process stuff? 

- Oh who cares, he's already gone...

Seems like if Trump did not commit an impeachable offense (or many), that would be the argument everyone should be making. "Impeachment would be wrong because under the Constitution, what Trump did was very legal and very cool."

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

Throw this onto the pile of 1,000 different arguments Republicans are making against impeachment.

Cornyn - it's a 2-way street and we can impeach you! Think about strategy.

Gaetz - this is cancel culture!

Graham - we need unity

Others - what about procedural due process stuff? 

- Oh who cares, he's already gone...

Seems like if Trump did not commit an impeachable offense (or many), that would be the argument everyone should be making. "Impeachment would be wrong because under the Constitution, what Trump did was very legal and very cool."

Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a Republican Senator. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, law abiding. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary Republican Senator and makes them do something extraordinary, the Republican Senator tells you stories about how laws don’t apply to them or their party. Now you're looking for the secret, for why the laws don’t apply... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making a Republican Senator say the laws don’t apply to them isn't enough; you have to bring them back to the wholesome law abiding routine. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think I would be somewhat less pissed off about dotard getting out of all of this if I knew that Rs wouldn't immediately pull a 180 if Biden somehow did anything similar.  Or you know, if Biden wore a tan suit.  Problem is, that is exactly what will happen.

Well, if he wasn't such a nice guy and would never do it, I'd say he and Ms. Jen should troll the hell outta everybody regarding his watch and say, "y'all been asking about my inauguration gift from Xi? Ain't it great?"

Seriously, you're correct. They played the mafia game perfectly, or as @Neonmoon's great example, they've got the magic trick routine quite polished.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:22 PM, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

They should run the video embedded in the link at the trial.  Very strong proof of incitement.

https://www.justsecurity.org/74335/fight-for-trump-video-evidence-of-incitement-at-the-capitol/

I think they should also show the video Don Jr shot of all them in the tent watching the rally. That one really pissed me off too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So 45 senators voted to dismiss the trial due to it being unconstitutional. No way trump will be convicted. 

Uninteresting 5 yes votes: Romney, Sasse, Collins, Murkowski, Toomey.

My bet is most of the 45 others just don't want the headache. 

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So 45 senators voted to dismiss the trial due to it being unconstitutional. No way trump will be convicted. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Uninteresting 5 yes votes: Romney, Sasse, Collins, Murkowski, Toomey.

My bet is most of the 45 others just don't want the headache. 

the truly amazing part of this is that these people were in the fucking chamber right before it was stormed by the mob. they were in mortal danger. and yet they play politics with this shit. they could wash their hair of trump right fucking away if they wanted. yeah, they might get primary opponents, but at some point you gotta have some kind of princip....oh, right, republicans. they are truly opportunistic reptiles. it's disgusting the lack of integrity.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Trump 2021 thread here we come

Trump's correspondence?  What the fuck does that mean?  All the guy knew how to do was tweet.  He can't do shit with a pen except an impression of a Michael J. Fox impression of a Trump signature would look like.  Appearances and official activities are just gonna be a handful of things he gets to do each year in Florida besides golf because he's afraid to leave the state now.  He needs an "office of the former President" like the octo-mom needs a publicist to handle all the demands on her time and expertise.  

We already knew he wasn't getting enough GOP Senatorial votes. 

Let the Dems put on their evidence, and put the Senators on records after that.  Every single 22 and 24 campaign ad should show those Senators next to the Capitol being stormed and say they voted for it.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

We already knew he wasn't getting enough GOP Senatorial votes. 

Let the Dems put on their evidence, and put the Senators on records after that.  Every single 22 and 24 campaign ad should show those Senators next to the Capitol being stormed and say they voted for it.

And they'll all win and probably pick ups some Dem seats against those who vote to convict.  We're a broken country living in two separate realities.  In short, we fucked. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I wasn’t commenting on whether it was a true statement or not. I was commenting on lazy, irresponsible internet posting. How many people believe falsehoods because they believe every unsourced claim made on the internet by people they don’t know?  Way too many, I’m sure. 

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fuck this clown. 

"Radical Left" ha.

Did you hear little Marco? Let's get the showmanship, sensationalism and infotainment OUT OF POLITICS! Wish we had Trump back.

I'm really enjoying the fact that there is virtually nothing these people can say ever again that will sound serious.

• Hook 'Em 2