Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is going to be a repeat of early 2020; I may have to sit this one out. The first one was bad enough, but knowing that the videos that will be broadcast will never cross they eyeballs of those who need to be smacked upside the head with reality is just damned depressing.

Yep.  I'm not watching this circus.  We all witnessed what happened.  I don't need to see the Rs stick their heads in the sand and try and pull the wool over people's eyes.

e98bfe90-8e47-4c59-b8a0-0c04cc314454_tex

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'll admit, the idea of "just moving on" does appeal to my weaker sensibilities.  Would that we could never hear the Trump name mentioned again. 

Sometimes you just gotta prosecute the case because of duty.

I used to assume that intelligence and ethics would win out over stupidity and scumbaggery. 

Now I just kind of hope it works out that way.

I don't need to watch the GOP spew lies in order to let their Godking get away with violent insurrection.  I've already heard it.

Noting, of course, that if this event had happened in Benghazi, we'd be having outraged GOP-led hearings about it for the next 10,000 years.  Fuck the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I don't think there is any call to go off besmirching Minister Vidkun Quisling, however angry you are.

Side note: visited the Norwegian WWII museum a couple of summers ago.  They are still pretty pissed about the occupation, and particularly the collaborators.  And when you get to the end, when they wrap up the story and the story of Quisling, the displays might as well say "we executed the SHIT out of that motherfucking motherfucker.  Our only regret is that we could only kill him once."  The Norwegians have rather strong opinions about how you deal with treasonous enemy collaborators.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Every American voter should be made to watch this opening video exhibit. Holy shit. Well done, House impeachment managers.

1) They won't.

2) The GOP doesn't care.

3) It won't matter.

The GOP is a terrorist organization.  We should stop treating them as anything but that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Devastating opening from Rankin so far

20 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah it is. Incredible footage much I haven’t seen before. Pisses me off again. If those spineless GOP senators can sit their and watch this and still vote to acquit, fuck them all. 

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This opening video exhibit is devastating. It's infuriating. It's a live look view into what a fascist insurrection looks like.

it seriously was. it really transported me back to the live event. i still have a hard time conceptualizing that that actually happened.

i was transfixed.

also, republicans were actually in the chamber when that happened, and still won't do anything about it.

cowards, the lot of them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

dmes are doing a good job showing how the actual framers exercised impeachment of former officials. i can't see a way around that. these are some of the same men who put pen to paper for the constitution. 

have you heard about hillary's emails ???

or about, one hunter biden !!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Fuck I shouldn't have turned this on. I can't turn it off. Totally agree that the Senate can and should try this. Struggling to see how it's debatable.

yeah, i was going to go hit golf balls but damn I want to hear the defense's response lolololol

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

100% we need to hear from witnesses, in particular witnesses with knowledge of how the DC national guard was 'handled' 

We definitely need to hear that, but I don't think it's helpful to the particular issue of incitement. If there was a coordinated effort by/with the guard, that would certainly be relevant to another article of impeachment. 

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

We definitely need to hear that, but I don't think it's helpful to the particular issue of incitement. If there was a coordinated effort by/with the guard, that would certainly be relevant to another article of impeachment. 

if they can show evidence of the white house issuing orders or instructing secretaries to deny assistance and diminish the threat, that's insight into trump's motivations which disarms the "he believed what he was saying" lie

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I'll admit, the idea of "just moving on" does appeal to my weaker sensibilities.  Would that we could never hear the Trump name mentioned again. 

Sometimes you just gotta prosecute the case because of duty.

I was riding the fence on "just moving on" until I thought back to the progress of events, including those in Michigan. The takeover of the capitol building in Lansing, the plot to kidnap and murder the Governor, and Trump urging on his minions with tweets such as "Liberate Michigan" - that was just a trial balloon. Michigan should have been the line in the sand. Instead, it went unchecked, escalated to the U.S. Capitol, and if something isn't done now, God knows where it goes or what happens next.

1 minute ago, Saint Tacky said:

I was riding the fence on "just moving on" until I thought back to the progress of events, including those in Michigan. The takeover of the capitol building in Lansing, the plot to kidnap and murder the Governor, and Trump urging on his minions with tweets such as "Liberate Michigan" - that was just a trial balloon. Michigan should have been the line in the sand. Instead, it went unchecked, escalated to the U.S. Capitol, and if something isn't done now, God knows where it goes or what happens next.

If pre-WWII Italy, Germany, and Span are anything to go by, typically an authoritarian fascist regime is what comes next.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bahahaha

Wait.....what upsets him is the PROFANITY that criminal insurrectionists used during their insurrection.....but NOT the fucking violent insurrection itself?

"You know, when they showed the video of the criminal gang rape at trial, what REALLY bothered me was the language that the rapists used."

Conservative brains are fucking poison.  Fuck them all.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2