2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Unfortunately it appears Sark has chosen to use Brian Davis as his mouthpiece. That’s who he spoke with about the Stoops hire not happening and the first reporter he did a sit down 1 v 1 interview with.

Probably a good pick by him actually. 

Brian Davis is a classic beat journalist who is too clueless to identify important and meaningful story lines and instead just regurgitates press conferences, but he’s at least not a slimy 9.95er who’s likely to stab Sark in the back. Davis will absolutely be happy to be the lap dog/mouthpiece and not ask for anything in return. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Unfortunately it appears Sark has chosen to use Brian Davis as his mouthpiece. That’s who he spoke with about the Stoops hire not happening and the first reporter he did a sit down 1 v 1 interview with.
Brian Davis is about as non threatening as they come.

If Sark is paranoid about the media, and wanted to pick someone entirely incapable of stirring up trouble even if they tried, Brian Davis is as good a candidate as you could find.

Honestly, when was the last time anyone gave enough of a shit about Brian Davis to be stirred up about something he wrote?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Probably a good pick by him actually. 

Brian Davis is a classic beat journalist who is too clueless to identify important and meaningful story lines and instead just regurgitates press conferences, but he’s at least not a slimy 9.95er who’s likely to stab Sark in the back. Davis will absolutely be happy to be the lap dog/mouthpiece and not ask for anything in return. 

Yeah, but the statesman in general is just always looking to drum up clicks and the association with Kirk Bohls is always a negative.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

There are longstanding rumors that Chip Brown is your typical old school sports reporter. By that, I mean he's allegedly a degenerate gambler and alcoholic.
There's a longstanding rumor that Chip Brown has been paid to write hit pieces about Texas as an "insider" by benefactors of other programs, particularly Oklahoma and one of their donors in Dallas with ties to Brown from his DMN days. Usually, these hit pieces are very well timed. The fucking star of OU's defense for 2021 will be Nik Bonnito. Bonnito was torn between Texas and OU before SD1 a few years back. Herman and staff believed he gave them a silent. OU needed a backer. Magically, a day or two before SD1, Chip Brown writes a hit piece on Texas' culture as a program. This document gets emailed to Bonnito and mom, and then they have a conference call with OU. He never returned another Texas call, text or email, signed with OU, and has become a star. 
There's also the simple fact that Chip Brown has been historically wrong repeatedly. 
So you have a guy that can't respect the HC enough to call him anything but a nickname, as though they're that familiar, with a penchant for being fundamentally wrong and habits that lead to him being compromised by enemies and effectively on another staff's payroll whenever they need him to fuck us. 
Sarkisian learned from Saban to be very paranoid about the media. Allegedly he had write-ups done on the regular reporters for the staff in the first few weeks. Then he froze out his staff from talking to reporters outside of scheduled press. I'm guessing he was educated on Brown early, and he's rightly not going to cultivate any kind of relationship with him. 
The bigger question is why CDC continues to use Chip Brown as a mouthpiece when he, in fact, fucking knows better. 
Agreed on all this, no question Bonitto seemed to be leaning our way until FCB's hit piece. As for why CDC uses FCB as a mouthpiece? Probably some Sun Tzu level shit going on there..

26 minutes ago, ousux said:

Agreed on all this, no question Bonitto seemed to be leaning our way until FCB's hit piece. As for why CDC uses FCB as a mouthpiece? Probably some Sun Tzu level shit going on there..

Based on all accounts, including someone I know who has met CDC a couple of times, CDC is the ultimate people person.  We haven't had someone like him in the program since Mack Brown. 

I think part of CDC's relationship with FCB is keeping an enemy close.  But the other part of it is CDC probably thinks he can run FCB, so long as nobody else feeds him anything.  The staff is all pros from top to bottom, so Chip Brown is literally fucked.  He has to be a good boy or he's toast.  

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There are longstanding rumors that Chip Brown is your typical old school sports reporter. By that, I mean he's allegedly a degenerate gambler and alcoholic.

There's a longstanding rumor that Chip Brown has been paid to write hit pieces about Texas as an "insider" by benefactors of other programs, particularly Oklahoma and one of their donors in Dallas with ties to Brown from his DMN days. Usually, these hit pieces are very well timed. The fucking star of OU's defense for 2021 will be Nik Bonnito. Bonnito was torn between Texas and OU before SD1 a few years back. Herman and staff believed he gave them a silent. OU needed a backer. Magically, a day or two before SD1, Chip Brown writes a hit piece on Texas' culture as a program. This document gets emailed to Bonnito and mom, and then they have a conference call with OU. He never returned another Texas call, text or email, signed with OU, and has become a star. 

There's also the simple fact that Chip Brown has been historically wrong repeatedly. 

So you have a guy that can't respect the HC enough to call him anything but a nickname, as though they're that familiar, with a penchant for being fundamentally wrong and habits that lead to him being compromised by enemies and effectively on another staff's payroll whenever they need him to fuck us. 

Sarkisian learned from Saban to be very paranoid about the media. Allegedly he had write-ups done on the regular reporters for the staff in the first few weeks. Then he froze out his staff from talking to reporters outside of scheduled press. I'm guessing he was educated on Brown early, and he's rightly not going to cultivate any kind of relationship with him. 

The bigger question is why CDC continues to use Chip Brown as a mouthpiece when he, in fact, fucking knows better. 

I've always thought there is some kind of connection between Kurt Bowels and Cow Chip Brown.

Fuckin' press fags.

• Fuck You 33

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Did that exchange make sense to you?

Yes it did. I don't kiss anyone's ass because of who or what they are. I never have except in certain work related situations when I had to and I had to defer to some pretty obnoxious people. That happens when you work with congressional staff. I guess I've gotten numb. I grew up the son of a very prominent person in a small town. I heard some unbelievable shit about friends and relatives. I never asked for breaks and favors and didn't expect any. In fact, people were tougher on me because of who I was. As a result, I guess I just don't care.

See ya. 

• Fuck You 29

2 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

Yes it did. I don't kiss anyone's ass because of who or what they are. I never have except in certain work related situations when I had to and I had to defer to some pretty obnoxious people. That happens when you work with congressional staff. I guess I've gotten numb. I grew up the son of a very prominent person in a small town. I heard some unbelievable shit about friends and relatives. I never asked for breaks and favors and didn't expect any. In fact, people were tougher on me because of who I was. As a result, I guess I just don't care.

See ya. 

And that's why I use slurs regularly in unrelated conversations!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

I open this thread to read football...

But instead, I'm thinking about ribs, brisket, jalapeno cheese sausage, jalapeno cheese rice, dollar beers and a few good friends.

I might just have to show up.

Slice of fatty brisket

2 pork ribs

1 jalapeño cheese sausage link

Small potato salad 

Edited by maninblack
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

See ya. 

Was your dad the promotional manager for Willie Nelson?

Edited by KYHorn

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

But instead, I'm thinking about ribs, brisket, jalapeno cheese sausage, jalapeno cheese rice, dollar beers and a few good friends.

To be fair, you think about that a lot anyway. 

25 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

No chance. He would be way more chill if so. 

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Sometimes I get Pinkerton’s brought into the office when we’re busy on a project or something. I’ve found it’s easiest just to tell the office manager to order some of every single meat and pints or quarts of every single side. That fucking place is delicious in every way and it doesn’t matter how much we order, it’s all gone by the end of the day.  

I do have to say though, Truth’s tater tot casserole is probably the best damned side I’ve ever had from a BBQ joint. 

25 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Holy shit. What handle was that? It’s scratching my brain that I can’t remember it clearly. 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Same reason she did the radio host stuff. She’s a thin skinned bitch just like her husband. She’d be better off just shutting the fuck up, cooking, cleaning, and laying there while getting plowed by her dog shit head coach of a husband. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Holy shit. What handle was that? It’s scratching my brain that I can’t remember it clearly.

Mountain Horn or some similarly-phrased, but poor, attempt to seem mystical and rugged, as though Uncle Willie himself had bestowed on him the knowledge that we simpletons were incapable of understanding. I forget what he was actually peddling.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sometimes I get Pinkerton’s brought into the office when we’re busy on a project or something. I’ve found it’s easiest just to tell the office manager to order some of every single meat and pints or quarts of every single side. That fucking place is delicious in every way and it doesn’t matter how much we order, it’s all gone by the end of the day.  

I do have to say though, Truth’s tater tot casserole is probably the best damned side I’ve ever had from a BBQ joint.

good news for you then if you ever want to make it: https://www.insidehook.com/article/food-and-drink/tater-tot-casserole-recipe-truth-bbq-texas

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

See ya. 

lol fuck off aggy boi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

See ya. 

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

See ya. 

There’s a lot of feelings stuck in there when you’re 15. Give it time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3