2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

If we lose one early and to OU, we’ll see a bunch of chicken littles pissing their pants, as per usual.

In particular because, in my estimation, the most likely pre-OU loss (not I am not saying likely as in 51+ percent chance, just highest likelihood of losing in the first five games) is @TCU, which is immediately before OU. If this team is sitting at 1-2 in conference play on October 10, Surly will be drinking bleach.
  • Like 1

In particular because, in my estimation, the most likely pre-OU loss (not I am not saying likely as in 51+ percent chance, just highest likelihood of losing in the first five games) is @TCU, which is immediately before OU. If this team is sitting at 1-2 in conference play on October 10, Surly will be drinking bleach.

Fayettenam has never been an easy place to play for Texas, even with VY at the helm or under Akers and Royal. We’ll bring in a QB for his first road start. Week before we’ll have a QB making their first ever start.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Snacks said:

.55*5 = 2.75

.42*6 = 2.52

Again... Vegas odds have one intention: win money for books... Because Texas moves WAAAAAAY more money than WV, The "odds" are not going to signal expectations of wins and losses.

I see what you’re saying. I’m not sure how your multiplication works with the array of outcomes over and under, and I could very well be butchering this, but if you remove vig, it’s Texas 53.25% O vs. WVU 43.79% O and TCU 47.82% O.   In other words. 53.25% chance UT at 5+, 56.21% WVU at 5-, and 52.18% chance TCU at 5-. 

So based on your method above it would be TCU: 2.86, UT 2.66 and WVU 2.63. So yeah, their odds indicate UT finishing 5th but closer to WVU at 6th than TCU at 4th. That still seems pretty dang low for us as a win probability and our place in conference. The Big 12 winner futures are more about ceiling so I’m sure they favor UT more than just a conference win total or conference place finish odds, but most Big 12 futures have us in 3rd with OSU 4th and then a big gap to TCU and WVU.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fayettenam has never been an easy place to play for Texas, even with VY at the helm or under Akers and Royal. We’ll bring in a QB for his first road start. Week before we’ll have a QB making their first ever start.

If not being an easy place to play for Texas is driving your decision making, you should look up the last time Texas won in Ft. Worth. That same untested QB will be facing a Patterson defense, for the first time, on the road. OU will be looming in a week. And TCU is just a better team than Arkansas.

Texas should be favored in these contests so we’re really in the weeds here, but I think TCU is the team most likely to put a L on Texas prior to OU, followed by ULL, then piggy.

I think y'all are overestimating the environment in Fayetteville these days. I just turned 29 a few days ago so I'm young and haven't experienced Texas vs Arky in person but their fan base is pretty pathetic. The last few seasons really took the wind out of them and they have decided they'd much rather be a baseball school. It's hard to even find a real Hog fan that knows football and is willing to discuss it. The majority of the population here are transplants that Wally brings in from anywhere and everywhere and those folks couldn't care less about Arkansas Football. Will they show up and put on their best stiff upper lip? Sure. Will there be any actual give a damn behind it? Nope. Unlike aggy, Arkansas fully understands their position in the hierarchy of college football. They seem perfectly willing to be the doormat of their conference. I'm sure the team will treat Texas like their Super Bowl but, from what I've seen of their talent pool and depth, they're depleted. Texas *should* walk all over them. I worry that Turtle Tom rubbed off some of his fucking weak-dick, no sack having traits on the team and that they'll turtle against a team they should trounce. Fuck if I know. I just don't want to live here for the next two years if Texas loses both games against Arky. 

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I think y'all are overestimating the environment in Fayetteville these days. I just turned 29 a few days ago so I'm young and haven't experienced Texas vs Arky in person but their fan base is pretty pathetic. The last few seasons really took the wind out of them and they have decided they'd much rather be a baseball school. It's hard to even find a real Hog fan that knows football and is willing to discuss it. The majority of the population here are transplants that Wally brings in from anywhere and everywhere and those folks couldn't care less about Arkansas Football. Will they show up and put on their best stiff upper lip? Sure. Will there be any actual give a damn behind it? Nope. Unlike aggy, Arkansas fully understands their position in the hierarchy of college football. They seem perfectly willing to be the doormat of their conference. I'm sure the team will treat Texas like their Super Bowl but, from what I've seen of their talent pool and depth, they're depleted. Texas *should* walk all over them. I worry that Turtle Tom rubbed off some of his fucking weak-dick, no sack having traits on the team and that they'll turtle against a team they should trounce. Fuck if I know. I just don't want to live here for the next two years if Texas loses both games against Arky. 

just wait and see.  their hatred of Texas is beyond your comprehension.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I even have a client that played linebacker for Arkansas back in '69 and '70 and all he could talk about was how impressed he was with the Texas team back then. Never had a single bad thing to say. Granted, he relocated to Arkansas from Texas when he was in high school so maybe he still here onto that sense of home? Dunno. All I know is I'm not sweating playing the piglets one tiny bit.

Edited by ElChupacabra

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we start 4-0 we ain't losing to TCU again.  That offense isn't anything special, and we now have a DC that won't be blitzing from 15 yards away or leave the middle of the field abandoned for the QB to walk 30 yards untouched for a TD.

Damn it. Some of us still have PTSD.

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

I have never seen a legitimate, in focus, non retouched, non Motorola flip-phone era looking picture of her.

I think she is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the camera phone's fault. She is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus pole dancer roaming the countryside. Run, she's fuzzy, get out of here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I think she is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the camera phone's fault. She is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus pole dancer roaming the countryside. Run, she's fuzzy, get out of here.

Some women are better fuzzy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

this.  proverbial super bowl/new coach signature win for Arkansas.  they have a decent staff and a couple of years in their system. We better come to play.  3-0 to start the year will be nice.

herman would go 3-0 and lose to TCU.

Sark has a pretty good test.  Ark game is a no win situation for us.

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This seems like a very reasonable conclusion to make considering *checks notes* Herman never went 3-0 OOC even against easier opponents than we have this year. 

good point.  he'd end up 8-4, just depends on who you want to put the losses on.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me...

How Youngstar never made it national still amazes me. 

He suffered from severe addiction. "Smoking wet" - PCP type of stuff.

Otherwise he'd still probably be knocking pictures off the wall.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

he did an interview for source magazine back in 2000.. and the highlight was him being fuuuuucked up on wet, syrup, and handlebars.. all during the same interview

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

he did an interview for source magazine back in 2000.. and the highlight was him being fuuuuucked up on wet, syrup, and handlebars.. all during the same interview

I hear y'all... counterpoint

GettyImages-1288885194-1608657720-scaled

Then again, I knew wayyy to many people who couldn't operate like that. Anyways...

15-0 Bitches!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, ElChupacabra said:

They were a big-time program. Then, they joined the SEC.

Aggy should take note.

• Hook 'Em 1