2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

One season.  Roy was really fucking good for 3, and once Shipley recovered from his 19th knee surgeey he was fucking outstanding for 4.

Fine. But he was still only the 2nd receiver since Shipley to have a 1,000 yard receiving season. The other one was *checks notes* John Harris. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Fine. But he was still only the 2nd receiver since Shipley to have a 1,000 yard receiving season. The other one was *checks notes* John Harris. 

harris was a hell of a gaskamp winner. that senior season came out of fucking nowhere. 

59 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

How bout the all name wr team.  
quan cosby

bill boy bryant 

that’s all I got. 

• Cotton Speyrer
  • Johnny "Lam" Jones
  • Kwame Cavil
  • Limas Sweed
  • Devin Duvernay
  • Marquise Goodwin
  • Wane McGarity
  • Randy Peschel
  • Lovell Pinkney
  • Herkie Walls

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Absolutely.  Without Harris’s production we only gained 21 yards as a team in the bowl game against Arkansas that year, but of course with Harris we exploded for 57 yards.

I think further mentioning of this event should be a bannable offense on this site. Every time it is referenced I die a little on the inside. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Absolutely.  Without Harris’s production we only gained 21 yards as a team in the bowl game against Arkansas that year, but of course with Harris we exploded for 57 yards.

How AD/President/Boosters didn’t demand the firing or fire themselves the entire offensive staff after that game bottles the mind.

I think further mentioning of this event should be a bannable offense on this site. Every time it is referenced I die a little on the inside. 
Since I became a fan, I have never missed a Texas bowl game. Except one.

I was out of the country in a place where it was going to be nearly impossible to watch, so missed this one.

When I looked at the stats, my first thought was ESPN had fucked up. Even with as bad as our offense was that year, 53 yards for the game was pretty shocking.

I've never watched a snap of that game and never will.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

The only kickers currently listed on the official website roster are Cameron Dicker and Erwin von Nacher. 

No. 96. He's not on the TexasSports.com roster yet, but he's on the roster they released today.

Additionally, Bert Auburn (a freshman), is no. 45

Edited by MuellerHorn

I was out of the country in a place where it was going to be nearly impossible to watch, so missed this one.

When I looked at the stats, my first thought was ESPN had fucked up. Even with as bad as our offense was that year, 53 yards for the game was pretty shocking.

I set an alarm to watch that game in Ireland. I envy you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I set an alarm to watch that game in Ireland. I envy you.

Was in Italy and forgot about it until it popped up on my phone in the morning. Glad I did. Even though I grasp his bad it was, it doesn’t bring quite the level of visceral negative thoughts many have because I didn’t see it.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't remember where I was. Only that I was sobbing uncontrollably.

When my family left the stadium that night, the toothless arky bastards were ruthless.  Drunk hillbillies were trying to pick fights in the parking lot.  My daughter-in-law had her first exposure to that fan base and she was uphauled.  Getting back to the hotel alive is the only good thing I remember from that night.  

The only kickers currently listed on the official website roster are Cameron Dicker and Erwin von Nacher. 

I thought Colonel Erwin von Nacher died in the Crimean War while leading a cavalry charge. As I recall, his horse slipped in the mud and he stabbed himself with his own saber. Cossacks then finished him off and fed his corpse to the dogs. Oh well, nevertheless, hopefully we’ll get more depth in the kicking game. Never know when we’ll find the next Ryan Bailey.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I was at that Texas Bowl. I wish I had never seen it and didn't have to hear the orgiastic squealing of the mouth breathing, toothless Arky fan fuckards as Texas just spewed ineptness across Reliant Stadium. That fucking game sucked and the entire offensive staff should have been shit pumped after that game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I thought Colonel Erwin von Nacher died in the Crimean War while leading a cavalry charge. As I recall, his horse slipped in the mud and he stabbed himself with his own saber. Cossacks then finished him off and fed his corpse to the dogs. Oh well, nevertheless, hopefully we’ll get more depth in the kicking game. Never know when we’ll find the next Ryan Bailey.

God you're such an idiot. 

von Nacher got chased across the desert by Monty and took a cyanide pill to avoid a conspiracy trial

WTF, the shittiest bowl ever and this guy are dominating the thread? (Just kidding, Erwin, you’re a badass, congrats on being a part of the team.)
image.png.2011a8100eee0b53d4a63c2fa2f7858d.png
The Maginot Line talk isn’t going to start up again, is it?

Maginot Line? Are we talking about Bull Reese’s defense against crossing patterns against Joey Harrington in the Holiday Bowl, Bull Reese mugging linebackers at the line of scrimmage, or Duane Akina/Larry Mac Duff’s 4-3 coverage against Jordy Nelson in 2007.

OT: It really would be nice to see if Coach K can offer schematic and tactical advantages on that side of the ball.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It might have been your fault, butterfly...

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Be interesting to see if ULL defends Texas like they did ISU.  Committed to stopping the run with numbers and didn't think the ISU WR's could beat the ULL Corners.

I think every team should defend this way...  Similar to how most good offenses are set up to get the the ball to the best athletes, the defense should entice the offense to play at the best defenders, which should be Corners.

A decent pass rush helps, of course.

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I was at that Texas Bowl. I wish I had never seen it and didn't have to hear the orgiastic squealing of the mouth breathing, toothless Arky fan fuckards as Texas just spewed ineptness across Reliant Stadium. That fucking game sucked and the entire offensive staff should have been shit pumped after that game.

I watched that game, but have no recollection of it. Zero. I've been told by people that I did indeed see it, but can't remember anything about it. I guess it's similar to trauma victims forgetting their experiences. My brain was wiped of it.

40356b3bc4ea526b2298f6766d475957.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2