2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

56 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Camp starts Friday right? I’m about to bust in my $200 jeans just thinking about the season. I’m rooting for Tope Imade, he’s a mountain of a man and the coaches seem to love him. Does Coach K utilize more three man fronts with all those monsters he has on the interior defensive line? BJ Foster needs to take his job back, that’s a bad mother fucker when he’s healthy. With uncertainty at WR, do we break out the two RB sets? 

I’d like to see BJ play some zone over the middle and fucking kill any receiver that dares to enter his space 

5 hours ago, CastHorn said:

Camp starts Friday right? I’m about to bust in my $200 jeans just thinking about the season. I’m rooting for Tope Imade, he’s a mountain of a man and the coaches seem to love him. Does Coach K utilize more three man fronts with all those monsters he has on the interior defensive line? BJ Foster needs to take his job back, that’s a bad mother fucker when he’s healthy. With uncertainty at WR, do we break out the two RB sets? 

The only uncertainty at WR is amongst fans. Between Whittington, Omeire, Worthy, Dixon, and Moore, we have a fucking embarrassment of riches at WR. 

Edited by Eggo
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

lulz

Has the warp speed vaccine been proven safe? Has it been proven effective?

The NCAA can go ahead and mandate vaccination and a bunch of the players of every team will just sit out the season and prep for the NFL draft. 

Edit: Forgot to add I'm not an anti-vax nutter just pro-choice. Nobody should be forced to be in a trial of Johnson and Johnson, Moderna, or Pfizer.

Double edit: also didn't all these vaccines need to be frozen? https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-why-vaccines-cold-freeze-pfizer-moderna

It works pretty well so far where i am at.  Over 95% admitted are all unvaccinated.

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I swear on heels of 10 year of shit football, all the "Eyes" controversy last season etc (and I give zero shits if eyes/band get played - I am team add more Pom) if this team misses games due to players not getting vaccinated I may have to write this team off for a while. Just unreal to me that this isn't being mandated at NCAA level. We going to have two charter flights to away games? Two locker rooms there? Different hotels? WTF. Just stupid.

I am vaccinated.  But I do not believe anybody, anywhere should be forced to be vaccinated or lose their job/scholarship.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

55 minutes ago, Zeus said:

lulz

Has the warp speed vaccine been proven safe? Has it been proven effective?

The NCAA can go ahead and mandate vaccination and a bunch of the players of every team will just sit out the season and prep for the NFL draft. 

Edit: Forgot to add I'm not an anti-vax nutter just pro-choice. Nobody should be forced to be in a trial of Johnson and Johnson, Moderna, or Pfizer.

Double edit: also didn't all these vaccines need to be frozen? https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-why-vaccines-cold-freeze-pfizer-moderna

Forgetting for a moment how stupid you sound, why would a bunch of football players at the University of Texas think they can just sit out and wait for the NFL draft? Have you been paying attention to this program for the last decade?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I swear on heels of 10 year of shit football, all the "Eyes" controversy last season etc (and I give zero shits if eyes/band get played - I am team add more Pom) if this team misses games due to players not getting vaccinated I may have to write this team off for a while. Just unreal to me that this isn't being mandated at NCAA level. We going to have two charter flights to away games? Two locker rooms there? Different hotels? WTF. Just stupid.

What about the players that get vaccinated and get Covid?

• Haha 1

The only uncertainty at WR is amongst fans. Between Whittington, Omeire, Worthy, Dixon, and Moore, we have a fucking embarrassment of riches at WR. 

Between two guys who have never played meaningful snaps due to injury, the annual $9.95 hyped true freshman, a guy who caught a TD against Colorado that one time, and a guy who will probably do something to get himself suspended or kicked off the team, we have an embarrassment of riches!

I actually agree the WR angst is overblown. There’s enough there that Sark should be able to succeed vs most Big 12 defensive personnel. But embarrassment of riches? Come on.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Between two guys who have never played meaningful snaps due to injury, the annual $9.95 hyped true freshman, a guy who caught a TD against Colorado that one time, and a guy who will probably do something to get himself suspended or kicked off the team, we have an embarrassment of riches!

I actually agree the WR angst is overblown. There’s enough there that Sark should be able to succeed vs most Big 12 defensive personnel. But embarrassment of riches? Come on.

We will be fine at WR. Literally never has been a position I've worried about with Texas in the last few years. On offense it's going to come down to the OL and QB. 

EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHE$

Kai-Money-83-Catch-UT-Photography-scaled

• Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, maninblack said:

What about the players that get vaccinated and get Covid?

That’ll suck if it happens but at least they put common good ahead of themselves initially. I don’t want this to devolve into a vaccine debate. It just seems like this team seeks out drama. 

2 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

We should also be able to wear flip flops to the office. My right. 

I do and I feel badly for anyone who can't!

Seriously though.  Suits and ties and unfomfortable shoes... what purpose do they really serve in life?

And I promise you that belts which offer no "give/slack" are responsible for slowly deteriorating lower backs.  

When you bend over to tie the laces on your fancy shoes or get into your car or whatever, your lower back is being constricted.

Edited by ATXbronco

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Go on and be a negative nancy. I'll be over here drinking spiked kool-aid and getting excited like a normal person should be in August. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I get some players may have concern, valid or not, but at some point you have to think about just more than yourself.

The only thing I’m wondering is why not test vaccinated players as well, as they could be asymptomatic? Maybe not as frequently as unvaccinated, but I would think they would take as much precaution as possible. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What, 60 career catches between the five of them? All were outplayed by Kai Money in the spring game.

Joshua Moore disappeared in half the games and has had serious off the field issues.

Whittington looks the part, of a bodybuilder, and still looked stiff in Spring game, despite reports of Zumba workouts or whatever.

Omeire’s coming off of ACL surgery and has zero experience.

Dixon has 3 catches.

Worthy is unknown at this level.

We’ll have a new QB, behind a suspect pass blocking oline (who practice against one of the worst pass-rushing squads), with the same WR coach, with a new head coach and new scheme, who will all be manhandled by opposing defenders looked upon by refs blaming Texas for their future unemployment.

As of now, our receiving corps keeps exactly zero Big12 coordinators up at night.

We have a promising group of young receivers. Let’s not crown them until they start dominating and kicking people’s asses on a consistent basis.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Lmao. Actually I’m fully vaccinated, but I still have low tolerance for people pushing their personal/political agenda on a football thread.

And what political agenda would that be?   To me this isn’t a political issue though I see both sides have predictably used it for it.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Lmao. Actually I’m fully vaccinated, but I still have low tolerance for people pushing their personal/political agenda on a football thread.

Getting vaccinated is not a political issue. Only idiots and con artists pretend that it is.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 9

Ittle point about the difference between last WRs and this year. 

Herman had zero creativity as far as scheming his receiver's open. They lined up and ran straight ahead on their routes. Zero misdirection. S

Zero adjustment. Hermans adjustment  was constant rotation of personnel. 

Thats not gonna be the case this year. Sark will get his guys open. So Moore when hes out on bail wont get stuffed at the line every play. Our guys will be schemed open. And players will stay in and be able to get in a groove. 

Sounds crazy i know.