Championship Monday - Bama v. OSU (poll)

Wally Fairway

Who wins the Natty? (and who covers the spread?)  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the covid championship?

2. 2. For gamblers - does Bama cover the 8.5

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/21 at 12:05 AM

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

This is by far and away the single most uninspiring national championship game of my lifetime.  Even Nebraska going to get slaughtered by Miami was more exciting a prospect.

Nah. The LSU-Bama rematch was.

At least this is two undefeated teams. Just one barely played a season.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have no idea, but if I were forced to put money on it, I would wager for Bama to cover.

In a normal year, I would want both teams to lose, but again, if I were forced to cheer for one, it would be tOSU.  This isn't a normal year.  Wanting our new HC and potentially multiple staff members to have as much recruiting appeal as possible, I'm hoping for a 73 - 0 Bama victory.  

Edited by idigTexas

47 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This is by far and away the single most uninspiring national championship game of my lifetime.  Even Nebraska going to get slaughtered by Miami was more exciting a prospect.

agree - I might just record it, get up an hour early and watch it at 3-4x speed tomorrow morning and thereby avoid all the shitty commentator hyperbole, the countless replay delays and insufferable commercials. If I do it right, it will take me 30-40 minutes to watch the whole game; then make me a couple of egg-in-holes over easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

agree - I might just record it, get up an hour early and watch it at 3-4x speed tomorrow morning and thereby avoid all the shitty commentator hyperbole, the countless replay delays and insufferable commercials. If I do it right, it will take me 30-40 minutes to watch the whole game; then make me a couple of egg-in-holes over easy.

You don't want to sit down at 7 CST and then wait 25 minutes for the game to kick off? Some fan you are.

40 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

In a normal year, I would want both teams to lose, but again, if I were forced to cheer for one, it would be tOSU. 

tOSU is near the absolute bottom of my list of teams that I would ever root for. I think in a regular season, kickoff-classic type game they'd be hard pressed to get a lean from me - and probably wouldn't - over my "virtually never cheer for" group of aggy, TCU and Baylor. In a national title game or playoff scenario - I'd probably be a little more lenient and rather them win than any of the aforementioned and I'd probably toss Tech in that group. Past that I'm really struggling to think of anyone else I'd want to see win less than Ohio State. 

Obviously OU is "never under any circumstances ever" tier and barely warrants mentioning. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You don't want to sit down at 7 CST and then wait 25 minutes for the game to kick off? Some fan you are.

I fucking hate the Monday night championship bullshit - college football is a Saturday tradition, tailgating or drinking pregame right into the broadcast. I'm not getting hammered on a Monday night to root against the fucktard Nick $aban ( who pussied out at Michigan State) against the inbred fucks from Ohio. 
But maybe that's just me - thanks for askin
The Scream - Imgflip

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

tOSU is near the absolute bottom of my list of teams that I would ever root for. I think in a regular season, kickoff-classic type game they'd be hard pressed to get a lean from me - and probably wouldn't - over my "virtually never cheer for" group of aggy, TCU and Baylor. In a national title game or playoff scenario - I'd probably be a little more lenient and rather them win than any of the aforementioned and I'd probably toss Tech in that group. Past that I'm really struggling to think of anyone else I'd want to see win less than Ohio State. 

Obviously OU is "never under any circumstances ever" tier and barely warrants mentioning. 

Both tOSU and Alabama fall into that category for me under normal circumstances.  Without the Sarkisian factor, when forced to choose between two evils, I pick the one that has the fewest trophies or least amount of recent success.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Both tOSU and Alabama fall into that category for me under normal circumstances.  Without the Sarkisian factor, when forced to choose between two evils, I pick the one that has the fewest trophies or least amount of recent success.  

Fair.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Add in a few more for me:

Bama/UGA

Bama/Notre Dame

Especially the latter. Notre Dame is a joke on the big stage.

At least Bama v UGA was an exciting game that came down to the wire. The ND year they didn’t play anyone worth a shit all year and it was the most predictable outcome I can remember in a national championship game.

6 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, youdunnf said:
We’re definitely giving Sark somewhat of a pass tonight if Bama’s offense looks off, right? Seems like human nature that his mind would’ve moved on a little bit. 

sark's a DC

I’m like 90% sure you’re joking, but in the off chance that you aren’t...

2F84162C-984F-4D2D-ACA3-A4F6916B367F.jpeg