Podcast "Mail Bag" - NEED QUESTIONS FOR FMR PLAYERS WE HAVE SCHEDULED

immamac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 5:41 PM, RGBIII said:

Pinkertons new spot is fucking incredible! Food was always insane but this place is three times the size of the one in Houston. BBQ Heaven! 

2D2AB28D-AE6A-47C6-A96C-42B55FF8924C.jpeg

7C4D18F1-E153-4324-8CFF-399027D8FF38.jpeg

Thanks to the podcasts, the boy and I made the pilgrimage to Airline for our first Pinkerton meal. I'm still full.   We will be doing it again soon, but probably go the the SA location next.  We need some Surly/Pinkerton tees.

Would you guys be interested in doing a phone interview with a WW2 vet who was in the 1st Special Service Force?   It was the first Green Beret type group.  Guy is 99 and from the Valley.    If you want, I can reach out to him and see if he's game.  He was pretty lucid and sharp back in October last I talked to him.  Might be good off season talk.   Up to you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Thanks to the podcasts, the boy and I made the pilgrimage to Airline for our first Pinkerton meal. I'm still full.   We will be doing it again soon, but probably go the the SA location next.  We need some Surly/Pinkerton tees.

Would you guys be interested in doing a phone interview with a WW2 vet who was in the 1st Special Service Force?   It was the first Green Beret type group.  Guy is 99 and from the Valley.    If you want, I can reach out to him and see if he's game.  He was pretty lucid and sharp back in October last I talked to him.  Might be good off season talk.   Up to you.  

Yes. Does he like the horns? 

• 2 weeks later...

just a few to get to started:

1. In quantum mechanics time is a classical background parameter and the flow of time is universal and absolute. In general relativity time is one component of four-dimensional spacetime, and the flow of time changes depending on the curvature of spacetime and the spacetime trajectory of the observer. How can these two concepts of time be reconciled?

2. Is there a theory which explains the values of all fundamental physical constants, i.e., of all coupling constants, all elementary particle masses and all mixing angles of elementary particles?

3. Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect on the expansion of the universe?

4. How does the Sun generate its periodically reversing large-scale magnetic field?

Can't wait to hear their answers!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

just a few to get to started:

1. In quantum mechanics time is a classical background parameter and the flow of time is universal and absolute. In general relativity time is one component of four-dimensional spacetime, and the flow of time changes depending on the curvature of spacetime and the spacetime trajectory of the observer. How can these two concepts of time be reconciled?

2. Is there a theory which explains the values of all fundamental physical constants, i.e., of all coupling constants, all elementary particle masses and all mixing angles of elementary particles?

3. Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect on the expansion of the universe?

4. How does the Sun generate its periodically reversing large-scale magnetic field?

Can't wait to hear their answers!!!!!!

I’ll wait till we get Vince Young on the podcast to have him answer these

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Speaking of, any ideas of guests yall would like to hear on the pod? Preferably ones that have their DMs open on Twitter or someone has an in with 

Ehlinger, Swoopes, or Buechele?  No clue if their DMs are open.  

Speaking of, any ideas of guests yall would like to hear on the pod? Preferably ones that have their DMs open on Twitter or someone has an in with 
20 years ago. For some reason I latched on to Beau Trahan on special teams. He was a qb turned into madman. Fun to watch.

Dusty Mangum would be awesome as well for a segment.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

What about trying to get someone who played golf at Texas and is now on the tour like Spieth, Dylan Frittelli, Beau Hossler, or Jhonattan Vegas on here?    

We are down to talk to anyone. Its about getting connected with them. 

57 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

What about trying to get someone who played golf at Texas and is now on the tour like Spieth, Dylan Frittelli, Beau Hossler, or Jhonattan Vegas on here?    

I know both of the Coody twins they said they are down but only after they graduate 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/25/2021 at 9:10 PM, RGBIII said:

@Longhornfrenzy

Johnnie Johnson (@PapaJohnson28_9 on twitter)

Demarco Cobbs (feel like he has a ton of stories, @DemarcoCobbs7)

10 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’d love to hear Sams honest thoughts about the coaching staff while he was at Texas. I feel like he’s got too much class to ever say it in public.

that’s a question for later because he’s probably still working through the damage and won’t quite really know till years later, perhaps with a whole lot better coaching. Asking 30 year old Sam about 21 year Sam is going to be a whole lot more introspective than 22 year old Sam, only recently removed. 

I’d like to hear players thoughts about their favorite game as a player annually and over the course of their years at Texas. And which game they felt they should have won and why—did they feel like they could have taken it up a notch or was there a play they felt was a lynch pin to losing a game. Was there a Defensive/offensive alignment they felt could’ve decided the game, what coordinators did they prefer (Above). Also, how did they feel like the stacked against whatever team won it all that year. Especially for those that played in 2008, The year they lost to tech on the last throw and decided the championship,  Texas very well could’ve beaten Florida handily and changed tebows legacy. Instead Texas watched Florida win a game that wasn’t any more demonstrative than Texas win against ou. 

20 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’d love to hear Sams honest thoughts about the coaching staff while he was at Texas. I feel like he’s got too much class to ever say it in public.

Shark kind of touched on it if you read between the tea leaves.

I'd like to hear more players that played for both Strong/Herman and their opinions on why each regime failed from a player perspective.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...