Corey Feldman's Rockin Revolution - new album dropped. Anyone got it yet?

Lhorn

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There but for Providence go I.

Ever see Stand By Me? He was a talented child actor. That wasn’t always healthy. I think it’s sort of tragic. 

Kind of an interesting study in contrasts.

Gordie, out of acting entirely. 

Chris, dead. 

Teddy, pretty fucked up. 

Vern, reasonably successful actor, college graduate, supermodel wife, seems well-adjusted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, but I was kind of peripherally aware of his "presence" in it.  I thought it was in the nature of a cameo.

He was a fairly regular guest star. He appeared more frequently than most guest stars. He was on more often than the brilliant Christine Baranski and Laurie Metcalf who played Leonard’s and Sheldon’s moms, respectively. But he’s still working. IMDb lists a half dozen productions he appeared in during 2020. He’s not a big star but he’s not out of the business. And he seems to be content with where he’s at. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He was a fairly regular guest star. He appeared more frequently than most guest stars. He was on more often than the brilliant Christine Baranski and Laurie Metcalf who played Leonard’s and Sheldon’s moms, respectively. But he’s still working. IMDb lists a half dozen productions he appeared in during 2020. He’s not a big star but he’s not out of the business. And he seems to be content with where he’s at. 

I probably would have been better off to say something like "distanced from acting for his own sanity."

I was aware of his announcement of sobriety, which apparently was right at five years ago.  So he might qualify as both fuct up and well-adjusted and somewhat out of the limelight by choice.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I probably would have been better off to say something like "distanced from acting for his own sanity."

I was aware of his announcement of sobriety, which apparently was right at five years ago.  So he might qualify as both fuct up and well-adjusted and somewhat out of the limelight by choice.

Wil Wheaton? I hadn’t heard that he had any substance abuse issues. 

If this whole thing is a "work" then I applaud his long game.  Brilliant.  It would be second only to Andy Kauffman revealing that he's still alive.

Does he get residuals from movies?  If he still has some money rolling in where he doesn't have to ever work again, I could see this being a work just for a goof or to keep his name out there.  If not, then I think it kills his chances of ever doing legit movie work again, except for Sharknado type stuff. 

I went to a birthday party where he had been hired as the performer as basically a joke. He and a couple of "Angels". I will say based on watching him perform that he is 100% committed to the act. Everyone at the party started in "making fun of him" mode where people where like "WTF is this shit" vs actively mocking/booing but because he was so into it and just in his own world rocking to where you could see he wasn't in on the joke that the people at the party ended up treating him more like you'd treat a little kid who is performing or showing you their art.

Guy is definitely off.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

He would have fit right in with the Dick Clark NYE special for 2020/2021. Had he released his album earlier I could have sent it as a christmas gift to my asshole brother who sent drums for my 4 yr old.

Is your asshole brother in Los Angeles?

On 1/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Wil Wheaton? I hadn’t heard that he had any substance abuse issues. 

Alcohol.  Just celebrated twenty dry years.  He is an interesting Facebook follow.

Edited by bmbmd

Rockin Revolution. It can mean a revolution that is rocking, but it can also mean the part that rock music plays in social upheaval. "Rock In Revolution".

It can also refer to the spinning album on a turntable, as this music is a throwback to the album rock era.

It works on so many levels. He's a genius. 

I couldn't find the gif of John C Reilly dancing in the studio in Boogie Nights, but that's exactly how I picture all the yes men Corey surrounds himself with when he's playing his first demos off his album. THey're all dancing and telling him how totally radical his songs are. And he eats that shit up.

Serious question, but does Feldman have enough money to have yes men and hangers on? I mean, he hasn't been in any kind of a hit movie in over 35 years when he was a kid. According to his IMDB page he does some voice work for cartoons or video games, and the occasional direct to stream schlock movie. Plus, he's on marriage #3.

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Serious question, but does Feldman have enough money to have yes men and hangers on? I mean, he hasn't been in any kind of a hit movie in over 35 years when he was a kid. According to his IMDB page he does some voice work for cartoons or video games, and the occasional direct to stream schlock movie. Plus, he's on marriage #3.

he's got these "angels" that live at his place....maybe his yes men are there more for the ancillary pussy than the paycheck? Plus they're betting on the come with all the success he's sure to have with his album