Final AP 2020 Rankings

Cheeseweasel

• Texas A&M
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma

THAT IS HORSE SHIT.

A&M barely beat a depleted UNC squad ranked #13

ND got their buttholes pounded by Bama

OU kicked in #7 Florida's teeth and since it was against an SEC team, it was like 2 wins

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Pretty reflective of the weird year we just had.  Iowa State and NW in the top ten?  Two Sun Belt teams in the top 15? Independent recent FCS promotion Liberty at #17?  One Pac 12 team in the final top 25?  Numbers 23-25 are two MAC teams and San Jose State? Wow!

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

3 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Pretty reflective of the weird year we just had.  Iowa State and NW in the top ten?  Two Sun Belt teams in the top 15? Independent recent FCS promotion Liberty at #17?  One Pac 12 team in the final top 25?  wow.

USC is only top 25 because they didn't play a bowl.  The Pac 12 was such ass, they would have lost the bowl game and been unranked, I'm sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They had to twist the knife one more time in the Cajuns.  LOL  They listed Coastal Carolina, who did defeat Louisiana in the regular season but missed the Conference Championship rematch, at 14.  The Chanticleers lost their bowl game to Liberty while Louisiana defeated UTSA.  Louisiana finished ranked at 15.

Should be interesting rivalry going forward, what with the friendly accusations of dodging the CCG by both squads being thrown around.

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Congratulations to Texas A&M for finishing in the Top 4 for the first time since 1939, and I am sure we all look forward to your breaking into the Top 3 at some point in the next 80 years

is it the first time in football, or the first time in any major sport? for some reason i think it's the latter

11 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

is it the first time in football, or the first time in any major sport? for some reason i think it's the latter

trick question, football IS the only major sport

but they've never made a Final Four in basketball or gotten that far at the CWS-- I think they had a baseball team finish #2 in the poll in 1989 or something like that

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

How's that even possible when aggy has never even played for a national title much less won one?

1989 NCAA Division I baseball season
Tournament
College World Series
Champions Wichita State )
Runners-up Texas
MOP Greg Brummett (Wichita State)
Seasons
← 1988
1990 →

• Rage+1 1

Congratulations to Texas A&M for finishing in the Top 4 for the first time since 1939, and I am sure we all look forward to your breaking into the Top 3 at some point in the next 80 years
Basically, they should have made it to playoffs. And IF they had made it to playoffs, THEN they would have WON last night. Congratulations to aggy for yet another National Championship*!

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:
  • Texas A&M
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma

THAT IS HORSE SHIT.

A&M barely beat a depleted UNC squad ranked #13

ND got their buttholes pounded by Bama

OU kicked in #7 Florida's teeth and since it was against an SEC team, it was like 2 wins

Yep. Total horseshit. And I almost care. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
35 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Basically, they should have made it to playoffs. And IF they had made it to playoffs, THEN they would have WON last night. Congratulations to aggy for yet another National Championship*!

Aggy after the semis: ND got blown out, we deserve to go the playoffs

Aggy after the champ game: We also lost to Bama by 28, we deserved to be there

OU, who reeled off 7 straight wins to end the regular season, won their conference and blew out A&M's best win:

Confused GIFs | Tenor

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

How's that even possible when aggy has never even played for a national title much less won one?

1989 NCAA Division I baseball season
Tournament
College World Series
Champions Wichita State )
Runners-up Texas
MOP Greg Brummett (Wichita State)
Seasons
← 1988
1990 →

because no one gives a fuck about the college baseball polls. they don't republish after the CWS (or didn't in 1989), so who cares? but it's technically accurate to say they've finished in the Top 4 of a poll in that sport, even though it doesn't matter since they didn't make the "final four" of the CWS. so not only is it just a regular season thing, it was only one poll-- they were 9th in Collegiate Baseball, 2nd in Baseball America. 

try to see it like an Aggie would, maybe that will help

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Does not count, fuck that shit.  If you don't finish top 4 in the CWS, it doesn't count - polls mean shit for baseball.  A&M did not even make the CWS that year. 

Agree, but don't argue with an Aggie and leave that detail out, it's the greatest thing their baseball program ever accomplished

don't argue with an Aggie at all, come to think of it

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Aggy after the semis: ND got blown out, we deserve to go the playoffs

Aggy after the champ game: We also lost to Bama by 28, we deserved to be there

OU, who reeled off 7 straight wins to end the regular season, won their conference and blew out A&M's best win:

Confused GIFs | Tenor

OU-A&M would have been an ideal post-season matchup, especially as a first-round playoff game in an eight-team playoff (bumping OU to a top-four seed as conference champion), but also as a Cotton or Orange Bowl matchup.

But we don't get ideal post-season matchups, we get a honked out four-team playoff and a bunch of bullshit bowl alliances. 

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

And it's cherry picked bullshit per usual from aggy:

Collegiate Baseball[edit]

Currently, only the final poll from the 1989 season is available.[2][3]

Rank Team
1 Wichita State
2 Texas
3 Florida State
4 LSU
5 Arkansas
6 Miami (FL)
7 Long Beach State
8 North Carolina
9 Texas A&M

That result was the biggest bunch of bullshit in the history of college baseball.

We were the runner up in a double elimination tournament with only one loss.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I said it was over when this large pack animal came out for the coin flip last night

GettyImages-1295894116.jpg?w=650

watching Borland chase Smith into the end zone on the TD that made it (I think) 35-17 was fucking hilarious

I'm trying not to read into last night too much, because Devonta Smith is so special, but the way Alabama's offense got him in space and (alternately) matched up with minus defenders really gives me hope for the Sarkisian era here

• Hook 'Em 2

watching Borland chase Smith into the end zone on the TD that made it (I think) 35-17 was fucking hilarious
I'm trying not to read into last night too much, because Devonta Smith is so special, but the way Alabama's offense got him in space and (alternately) matched up with minus defenders really gives me hope for the Sarkisian era here
You know Sarkisian stole that from Herman right? Kelvontay versus the CU LBer.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

The SEC bias in that top 10 though....

Also, 8 G5 teams finished ranked. Pretty impressive. 

P.S. fuck aggy 

Most of the G5 v P5 games, including bowl games, were cancelled, so yeah, it's easier to have a good record when you play only other G5s.

57 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
59 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You know Sarkisian stole that from Herman right? Kelvontay versus the CU LBer.

I know that neither of them invented the strategy of trying to force the defense to cover the best receiver with a slow defender. My point was that if Sarkisian can get Ohio State, in the national championship game, against the Heisman winner, to commit to that, I would like to think it bodes well. That's a good coaching staff with good athletes, who had almost two weeks to plan against any kind of defensive alignment that ended up with their slowest linebacker checking Smith 1x1 without the ball. Maybe it was bad coaching by Ohio State, but maybe Sarkisian is what the pumpers think he is. 

I know that neither of them invented the strategy of trying to force the defense to cover the best receiver with a slow defender. My point was that if Sarkisian can get Ohio State, in the national championship game, against the Heisman winner, to commit to that, I would like to think it bodes well. That's a good coaching staff with good athletes, who had almost two weeks to plan against any kind of defensive alignment that ended up with their slowest linebacker checking Smith 1x1 without the ball. Maybe it was bad coaching by Ohio State, but maybe Sarkisian is what the pumpers think he is. 
I know. Was just messing with you. If ever see the replay, watch the deepest defender. He almost is in the perfect spot at the snap, but he runs to the deep middle and focuses on the opposite side of the field with no real threat. Total wth play by OSU.

Bama made it look easy. The playcalling and gameplan enhanced it. We may have lucked out into Sarkisian. Sneaky good upside after previous failures.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

try to see it like an Aggie would, maybe that will help

Like the 1997 and 2010 conference championships they hang on their stadium.   So aggy, who did you beat in 1997 to win the big 12 championship.  "Uggghhh, well we lost 54-14 to Nebraska in that game."   Hmmmm, well Okay, who did you all beat in 2010?   "Uggghhh, well we didn't lose that game, that's for sure!"   So who played and what was the score?  "Well, Oklahoma beat Nebraska 23-20".

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

maybe OSU's safty should have been shot for leaving the middle wide open