How should I go about searching for an apartment for UT Austin student?

XYZ

With no car I would opt for closer to campus.  Of course I lived off campus, and I even did manage to find parking and attend some of the classes occasionally.  If no car, how to grocery shop? go to liquor store? Get weed or condoms?  

You can look on apartments.com, zillow and the MLS to get a very good idea of what is available today.  The no car thing is a little tricky, even without the necessities above. 😉  Sounds like maybe a dorm like situation?  OR maybe a CoOp?

Keep in mind the city bus service and try to get near a route that passes UT. Unless things have changed, she can ride any city bus for free with her student ID, not just the UT shuttles.

Most people don't know this. Sometimes I'd be way out at an apartment complex on Mopac, and other UT students would be sardining into the shuttle. I'd get into the almost empty city bus that went the same way, ride in to class, free.

https://www.capmetro.org/docs/default-source/plan-your-trip-docs/destination-schedule-book-docs/system_map.pdf?sfvrsn=eb974f8_2

On 1/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, XYZ said:

Zillow? apartments.com? West campus? Speedway? Riverside? Thanks in advance.

did you ever find a place? and for this spring semester? what year is the student?  what's your budget?

2 kids at UT. 1st was in Blanton for freshman year, now in west campus last 2 years. 2nd is in nasty casty (castillian) for fresh year. will also be living in west campus next year. west campus is not cheap but everything is within walking distance. bus to hancock HEB, target on the drag, copious places to eat in west campus.