2021 Poker: Raising Covid with the nuts!

AUS-97HORN

Dealer needs to be reported.

I LOVE being called a donkey and will happily let someone tell me how poorly they think I’m playing. They’re only outing themselves. The last thing I want to do is correct/teach them!

If this guy was any good, he’d know that he WANTS you chasing.

Think it's hard, wait till you play double board bomb pots with ultimate high/ultimate low.
Hand the other night with the boards:
238QA
238KT
Two players get it all in and flip their hands over. Both have A4 for a low. One has nut flush on the top.
Dealer chops up with the guy with the flush getting 3/4. 
Player 1 had A46xx, player 2 A4kqj
Player one actually had the best low, because he had A2346 on the top board, while the second guy was playing 12348 from the bottom board.
They go review the tape and make player 2 give player 1 $125.
What's really funny on these bomb pots is when one board is 346 and the other board is A23. A guy with 45 is playing A2345 on the bottom and the person with A2 is playing A2346 on the top. I've won a couple of hands because of this. One lady argued with the dealer for 10 minutes that her A2 was lower than my 45. She was fucking livid the rest of the night.

My head hurts just reading this
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Lurch said:

If this guy was any good, he’d know that he WANTS you chasing.

I am a tight player that has been working on widening my range and calls over the last couple of years. Having that tight image has definitely allowed  me to bluff more ( without having to show) but I still have people chase AGAINST me and run me down too. I've learned to understand that and your exactly right, go ahead and CHASE. If you don't catch up, bigger pot for me. That's poker. 

I've seen people scream, cuss, holler, throw cards at the felt or dealer, but never at another player. 9/10x I would just laugh inside, or have just yelled for Floor! This was a little different though....

Sitting w $1100 @$2/5 stuck $600 on the night. In a great seat with a rich drunk to my right and a loose drunk to my left. Frustrated that I haven’t been able to take stacks off them like the rest of the table has.

CO opens to $20 and I call BTN w KJhh. SB joins so I have a chance to get both. $60 pot

Qh9h3s. SB checks. CO cbets $50. I make it $150 knowing both will call, and they do. $510 pot

8h. SB just folds. As noted, drunk. CO checks. I make it $200 to keep him in it. He snap raises to $500, I snap jam, he snap calls (has me covered) and flips 33. Perfect setup

Q. Parking lot.

• Rage+1 2

ouch. reminds me of my Friday night. Playing with one of the biggest whales in Austin. Guy doesn't blink when he drops 5-10k in a night. About mid way through the night get AA23K and get him all in and scoop. Sat there for 4 more hours and never got in another hand with him and bleed off a ton while watching the dumbass sitting across from me turn $200 into $2000 by hitting nut nut after nut nut.

On 5/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, Lurch said:

Is it known what Bildos source of funds is?

Why the placards? How are those more useful than chips?

Apparently this is the source.  Poker game makes sense now.

Disclaimer I have no idea if this is him or not but heard through a poker friend it was.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/may/27/arkansan-charged-in-multimillion-dollar-covid/

3 hours ago, Zwylde said:

Apparently this is the source.  Poker game makes sense now.

Disclaimer I have no idea if this is him or not but heard through a poker friend it was.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/may/27/arkansan-charged-in-multimillion-dollar-covid/

i found a news video with this guy leaving the courthouse, and while he shared bildo's body form, it looked to me like a different person. but i only saw a side shot. 

Finally off the schnide with a resounding win tonight. 

We were playing one round of PLO and one round of big o. While playing plo we had a bomb pot which means 2 boards, best hand on each board gets half the pot. 

Before I even look at my hand the flop is out

TT9
J87

guy across from me screams “ten nine for the win”. I look at my cards, first two are T9. I bet out $25, get 3 callers, after turn bet pot which was $145, get two callers, after river I bet pot again which puts me all in for $450 more. One guy folds and the other guy calls. I’m thinking I’m fucked as he could have T9 and there was a bigger strait and flush available on the bottom board. He ends up with a flush on the top board and a smaller strait on the bottom. Scooooop a $900 pot. I’m stacking chips for the next 2 hands. 

started with $300

4A54A7D7-CA45-4E24-B62E-0C2766EE50F2.thumb.jpeg.0291cbb5c879c0cbb1db8033d3f217f2.jpeg.6b95b7ba228d2b8816ff3ec2777b86cf.jpeg

took this a little before I left and donked off a few hundred. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ya, shitty pic is even worse than I thought.

Double board PLO, with four players all in on the turn. He has the 7/8 for the low end of the straight board one and a set of 4s on the other board. How no one has K/Q there is cray.

Hold ‘em players on average are terrible at PLO, throw in a second board and shit gets cray.

I’m one of those terrible faux PLO players myself.

6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

ha yeah if I have 7844 there, someone has KQ or Q8 for the top board and someone has a 5 with any 4, 6, 7, 8, or 9 for the bottom board roughly 125% of the time.

pretty sure they'd have 53 if you were in the hand.

• Like 1

Last night, $380 satellite into $2500 Card Player Main Event

95 entries, top 12 get ticket, 13th gets $400.

We’re about 4 hours in and I had run up my 12k stack to 85k before falling back to 42k. 14th player recently busted so we’re in the money, but obv no one wants to finish the night +$20. One player w 1 blind on other table. One slightly shorter stack than me on mine.

We’re at the 6-handed table. 2.5/5/5k. HJ (super loose, huge stack, trying to burst bubble) and BTN (tight short stack early 50s white lady) limp. I’ve got 3h3d in SB. Pretty sure if I jam, HJ would call w any two cards. BTN joining spooks me a bit. I decide to call and crush a flop. BB (60ish white lady, tourney reg) checks and we see a flop. 25k pot.

Qh3s2s. Nailed it. Normally I’d bet out, but I’m pretty sure HJ will for me. I check. BB (60kish behind) wakes up and throws out 15k. HJ folds and BTN (80kish) JAMS. WTF?! None of this was part of the plan. BB starts laughing and jokingly says something to the effect of “do you know who I am?” while pointing at her bet. BTN quite confidently claims we should both just fold.

On the table behind me, dealer calls an All-in.

Can you fold this?!?!

Fold everywhere but JFC brutal.

Edit to add: this is assuming she has us covered and that when you said dealer on other table announces all in you mean a called allin not just someone moved all in. If someone moved allin I would tank til the other players act there.

Yes, both had me covered. I heard the all in call at the next table and paused, but then decided even if no one there busted I have to fold.

I puke fold. BB folds AQo face up. BTN shows QJo. So I was like a 99% favorite

It took us another 45 mins, but I eventually knocked out the lady who was BB and will play the Main Event in two weeks

Yes, both had me covered. I heard the all in call at the next table and paused, but then decided even if no one there busted I have to fold.

I puke fold. BB folds AQo face up. BTN shows QJo. So I was like a 99% favorite

It took us another 45 mins, but I eventually knocked out the lady who was BB and will play the Main Event in two weeks

Lol wow at BTN. I HAZ TOPPEST PAIR. GLGL!

I played in a tournament in Shreveport yesterday. With 5 left the chip leader has well over half the chips in play. I have just over 2 bb’s and another guy has maybe 3-3.5 bb’s. Someone ask if everyone wants to do an even chop and big stack immediately agrees. 😳

• Like 2

If you fold middle set there are there any hands you'd call with?

Like CBT said, I should have folded pre for this very reason. None of us would have limped QQ so I’m certainly holding the nuts. I simply can’t afford to be outdrawn when the upside is minimal and the downside is the parking lot.

There’s probably an ICM formula for this, but I’d guess coming into the hand I was 90/10 to win a ticket.

Fold: 100% I stay 90/10 (+$1890)
Call/win: 90% I move up to 98/2 (+$2058)
Call/lose: 10% I’m out. (+$0)

So do you risk it all to increase ev $168?

I played in a tournament in Shreveport yesterday. With 5 left the chip leader has well over half the chips in play. I have just over 2 bb’s and another guy has maybe 3-3.5 bb’s. Someone ask if everyone wants to do an even chop and big stack immediately agrees.

Nice! Always awkward when you’re shorty and middle stacks start lobbying leader for chop.

PLEASEDONTLOOKATME PLEASEDONTLOOKATME PLEASEDONTLOOKATME
  • Like 1

I can even see the shortstack nit lady limping QQ to “make sure no A or K comes first”. So I don’t think we have pure nuts. I don’t think we are really worried about getting outdrawn I don’t think either described player doesn’t this with a straight draw. I’m specifically worried that BTN has QQ.

I think you are more than 90% to get a seat as described going into the hand and if you call and win you are 100%. You can fold everything for certain then.