2022 WR Armani WInfield

Hiphopopotamos

Texas players want to commit to Texas. Texas just needed to give them a reason. Apparently Sark only had to give some of them a half of football reason. New coach bump is a given, but I have a feeling it'll be different with Sark. This dude dropped his balls on the table all year at Bama. Saban acknowledged it last night. 

Recruiting is going to be fun again. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Machinator said:

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

In four years was there a single recruit that ever gushed about Herman like this? All I remember is the generic "coach is cool, he's been very honest with me. He's building something special in Austin". Kids were excited to play for the University of Texas, connected with Carrington and their position coaches but it's been a long time since we've had this kind of excitement for our head coach. Pass the Kool-Aid this way.

Edited by UncleSonny

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M 247 this morning

Hide contents

A couple months removed from announcing a list of top schools just before Thanksgiving, 2022 four-star Lewisville receiver Armani Winfield is continuing to take his recruitment in stride with a couple of schools still pushing for his commitment.

One of those is Texas A&M, who first put an offer on the table for Winfield over a year ago and hosted him for a visit during last year’s Super Bowl party. The top-100 receiver has grown close with A&M’s Dameyune Craig over the past year after hearing about his journey that began at Blount High School, near Mobile, Ala. before he wound up playing quarterback for Auburn, Carolina Panthers, Scottish Claymores (NFL Europe) and Indiana Firebirds of the Arena Football League.

“I love coach Craig, that's my dawg,” Winfield said. “Me and him relate, we kind of got the same backstory so that's the type of person I want to be around.”

The Aggies are coming off a 9-1 campaign and currently are on pace to finish with their third straight top-10 recruiting class under Jimbo Fisher. Both of those developments Winfield said certainly caught his attention.

“Oh, for sure most definitely,” Winfield said. “I'm not trying to go to a losing program.”

Other programs including Ohio State and Texas are also showing heavy interest in one of the country’s top receivers. The Buckeyes have made their presence felt in Texas in recent years and generated quite a bit of buzz following Quinn Ewers’ commitment to Ohio State last fall that Winfield could be next. The four-star receiver has not yet made a decision, however, he acknowledged the Buckeyes are among his top schools.

“They're still one of my top schools, but I'm not trying to take a blind commit you know,” Winfield said. “I got to visit the schools, I got to wait for stuff to open up.”

The Longhorns have also shown heavy interest in Winfield as of late with Andre Coleman remaining in contact with him over the past week despite the staff changes.

“Really I've been hearing the most from Texas,” Winfield said. “Coach Coleman he is pumped up about Steve Sarkisian coming in and stuff so that's probably who I have been talking to the most right now.”

The four-star receiver currently does not have a timetable for a decision.

Oops 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M 247 this morning

Reveal hidden contents

A couple months removed from announcing a list of top schools just before Thanksgiving, 2022 four-star Lewisville receiver Armani Winfield is continuing to take his recruitment in stride with a couple of schools still pushing for his commitment.

One of those is Texas A&M, who first put an offer on the table for Winfield over a year ago and hosted him for a visit during last year’s Super Bowl party. The top-100 receiver has grown close with A&M’s Dameyune Craig over the past year after hearing about his journey that began at Blount High School, near Mobile, Ala. before he wound up playing quarterback for Auburn, Carolina Panthers, Scottish Claymores (NFL Europe) and Indiana Firebirds of the Arena Football League.

“I love coach Craig, that's my dawg,” Winfield said. “Me and him relate, we kind of got the same backstory so that's the type of person I want to be around.”

The Aggies are coming off a 9-1 campaign and currently are on pace to finish with their third straight top-10 recruiting class under Jimbo Fisher. Both of those developments Winfield said certainly caught his attention.

“Oh, for sure most definitely,” Winfield said. “I'm not trying to go to a losing program.”

Other programs including Ohio State and Texas are also showing heavy interest in one of the country’s top receivers. The Buckeyes have made their presence felt in Texas in recent years and generated quite a bit of buzz following Quinn Ewers’ commitment to Ohio State last fall that Winfield could be next. The four-star receiver has not yet made a decision, however, he acknowledged the Buckeyes are among his top schools.

“They're still one of my top schools, but I'm not trying to take a blind commit you know,” Winfield said. “I got to visit the schools, I got to wait for stuff to open up.”

The Longhorns have also shown heavy interest in Winfield as of late with Andre Coleman remaining in contact with him over the past week despite the staff changes.

“Really I've been hearing the most from Texas,” Winfield said. “Coach Coleman he is pumped up about Steve Sarkisian coming in and stuff so that's probably who I have been talking to the most right now.”

So much for that bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M 247 this morning

Hide contents

nailed it the office GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2