2022 WR Armani WInfield

Hiphopopotamos

4 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

Top247 WR committed to Texas at halftime of National Title game after watching Tide's offensive explosion

BySTEVE WILTFONG 5 hours ago

As Steve Sarkisian was suiting up for Monday night’s National Title game as Alabama’s offensive coordinator, he was putting in work for his next gig making recruiting calls as the head coach of Texas.

One of the prospects he chatted up was Lewisville (Texas) High Top247 2022 receiver Armani Winfield.

“He had his suit and tie on about to leave the hotel,” Winfield said. “We were really chopping it up about the new era at Texas.”

Sarkisian told Winfield he needed players like him to have the explosive offense he wants to have in Austin. The type of offense that ranked first nationally in passing efficiency this year and second in scoring against an all-SEC schedule and College Football Playoff opponents. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Winfield then witnessed in the first half Heisman Trophy winner Devonta Smith hauling in 12 passes for 215 yards and three touchdowns in an eventual 52-24 win over Ohio State.

“I saw what he did in the first half and I called (Longhorns receivers) Coach (Andre) Coleman and told him I wanted to commit," Winfield said. "He got back to Coach Sark and it was up from there.”

Winfield announced his college plans Tuesday afternoon becoming the first prospect to commit to Sarkisian at his new post, choosing to stay home over the likes of Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. He had close to 40 scholarships total.

“Just the offense, the type of offensive mind he has, how Coach Sark really uses his playmakers, he gets the matches he wants,” Winfield said. He is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country’s No. 12 receiver and No. 79 prospect overall.

Beyond Sarkisian, Winfield is excited to put on for the Lone Star State.

“Growing up in Texas I always wanted to play in Texas and stay loyal to the soil,” Winfield said.

Through three seasons Winfield has caught 128 passes for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns. He also shines in the offseason for True Buzz Athletics and has competed with them since the seventh grade.

“They’re getting a polished route runner, someone who has the desire to be special,” True Buzz’s DeMarquis Brooks said. “He really wants to be great. He’s committed to his work ethic and committed to the game.

“He brings a savviness to the position. He’s bringing the confidence that the Longhorns nation needs and he’s definitely a gifted athlete. I think after a year or two polishing him up he’ll be a great college guy. His frame can carry another 20 pounds easily and he can develop elite speed. I think that’s the underrated part of his game, his speed. You can’t see it because he’s a long-strider so you don’t know how much top-end speed he has but he can definitely get better with a strength and conditioning program.

“He has very fluid hands," Brooks continued. "Has always been a hand catcher. He can torque his body. He can make those difficult catches because he has good body control. He’s a polished receiver, he can run any route on the route tree. You can put him in the slot, if you want to put him outside you can put him outside.

“He’s a technician.”

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

imagine youre about to call plays in the national championship but before you do you finish a few recruiting calls to kids at youe next job

that guy fucks

Imagine then winning the national championship and showing up to your new job the next morning. I would have insisted on at least a day to recover. Guess that's not why I didn't get the job.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, Hornlover said:

I found the All Gas No Brakes channel (same as this gif) on Youtube. This other AGNB video definitely gets my highest possible recommendation.

“I really don’t like America!  It kinda sucks!”

71084-E3-C-58-F8-4814-8-A05-1-C929-BFD71

Who let her out of the Cloak Room?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

On 1/12/2021 at 3:10 PM, Fud said:

A&M 247 this morning

Reveal hidden contents

A couple months removed from announcing a list of top schools just before Thanksgiving, 2022 four-star Lewisville receiver Armani Winfield is continuing to take his recruitment in stride with a couple of schools still pushing for his commitment.

One of those is Texas A&M, who first put an offer on the table for Winfield over a year ago and hosted him for a visit during last year’s Super Bowl party. The top-100 receiver has grown close with A&M’s Dameyune Craig over the past year after hearing about his journey that began at Blount High School, near Mobile, Ala. before he wound up playing quarterback for Auburn, Carolina Panthers, Scottish Claymores (NFL Europe) and Indiana Firebirds of the Arena Football League.

“I love coach Craig, that's my dawg,” Winfield said. “Me and him relate, we kind of got the same backstory so that's the type of person I want to be around.”

The Aggies are coming off a 9-1 campaign and currently are on pace to finish with their third straight top-10 recruiting class under Jimbo Fisher. Both of those developments Winfield said certainly caught his attention.

“Oh, for sure most definitely,” Winfield said. “I'm not trying to go to a losing program.”

Other programs including Ohio State and Texas are also showing heavy interest in one of the country’s top receivers. The Buckeyes have made their presence felt in Texas in recent years and generated quite a bit of buzz following Quinn Ewers’ commitment to Ohio State last fall that Winfield could be next. The four-star receiver has not yet made a decision, however, he acknowledged the Buckeyes are among his top schools.

“They're still one of my top schools, but I'm not trying to take a blind commit you know,” Winfield said. “I got to visit the schools, I got to wait for stuff to open up.”

The Longhorns have also shown heavy interest in Winfield as of late with Andre Coleman remaining in contact with him over the past week despite the staff changes.

“Really I've been hearing the most from Texas,” Winfield said. “Coach Coleman he is pumped up about Steve Sarkisian coming in and stuff so that's probably who I have been talking to the most right now.”

The four-star receiver currently does not have a timetable for a decision.

On 1/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, pacman said:

Took Sark but only a few hours to slam his dick on the table...word is Jimbo's wife is real excited...

hey that's out of line. that was his ex-wife...Jimbo got remarried recently and as far as we know she has not banged her tennis instructor or any former football players yet

On 1/13/2021 at 9:09 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

imagine youre about to call plays in the national championship but before you do you finish a few recruiting calls to kids at youe next job

that guy fucks

With how HAAAAARRD winning is, how did he find time to recruit be for the game?! 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...