Josh Hawley - a man whose soul is dipped in dogshit

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hawley is definitely a dude who regularly guilt-cried while masturbating in the dark to thoughts of Scott Bakula.

Murphy Brown Scott Bakula or Quantum Leap Scott Bakula? Surely not Star Trek: Enterprise Scott Bakula.

Oh god, not NCIS: New Orleans Scott Bakula. Could it possibly be that bad?

<shudders>

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

his stanford froshbook pic says "Springfield MO"

what's that angle?

I don't know. Maybe his father moved the family there at some point? He was a banker, so it's not out of the question as the Springfield area grew quite rapidly for a time and there was money to be made. My spouse had some relatives that retired to a bedroom community not too far away. But Springfield is not really near KC so it could be that the yearbook staff confused Springfield with Springdale (Arkansas) which was Hawley's birthplace.

Yeah that’s totally normal for a 15 year old to defend right wing militias considering they were and have become domestic terrorists 

Josh Hawley was a precocious 15-year-old in 1995, writing a regular column for his hometown paper, The Lexington News, when he was still in high school. 

He used the early platform to opine on politics, culture and those he believed had been unfairly maligned by the media — among them anti-government militias and Los Angeles police detective Mark Fuhrman.

Hawley warned against depicting all militia members as domestic terrorists after the Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people, including 19 children. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, who carried out the attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, had ties to the Michigan Militia.

“Many of the people populating these movements are not radical, right-wing, pro-assault weapons freaks as they were originally stereotyped,” Hawley wrote two months after the bombing. 

He argued that middle class Americans had gravitated to anti-government organizations out of genuine concerns about federal overreach and a disillusionment with mainstream politics. 

“Dismissed by the media and treated with disdain by their elected leaders, these citizens come together and form groups that often draw more media fire as anti-government hate gatherings,” Hawley said.

“Feeling alienated from their government and the rest of society, they often become disenchanted and slip into talks of ‘conspiracy theories’ about how the federal government is out to get them.”

Fuhrman, whose use of racial slurs came to light during the O.J. Simpson trial, was the victim of a new censoriousness that plagued the culture, in Hawley’s estimation.

“In this politically correct society, derogatory labels such as ‘racist’ are widely misused, and our ability to have open debate is eroding,” he wrote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah that’s totally normal for a 15 year old to defend right wing militias considering they were and have become domestic terrorists 

Josh Hawley was a precocious 15-year-old in 1995, writing a regular column for his hometown paper, The Lexington News, when he was still in high school. 

He used the early platform to opine on politics, culture and those he believed had been unfairly maligned by the media — among them anti-government militias and Los Angeles police detective Mark Fuhrman.

Hawley warned against depicting all militia members as domestic terrorists after the Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people, including 19 children. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, who carried out the attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, had ties to the Michigan Militia.

“Many of the people populating these movements are not radical, right-wing, pro-assault weapons freaks as they were originally stereotyped,” Hawley wrote two months after the bombing. 

He argued that middle class Americans had gravitated to anti-government organizations out of genuine concerns about federal overreach and a disillusionment with mainstream politics. 

“Dismissed by the media and treated with disdain by their elected leaders, these citizens come together and form groups that often draw more media fire as anti-government hate gatherings,” Hawley said.

“Feeling alienated from their government and the rest of society, they often become disenchanted and slip into talks of ‘conspiracy theories’ about how the federal government is out to get them.”

Fuhrman, whose use of racial slurs came to light during the O.J. Simpson trial, was the victim of a new censoriousness that plagued the culture, in Hawley’s estimation.

“In this politically correct society, derogatory labels such as ‘racist’ are widely misused, and our ability to have open debate is eroding,” he wrote.

40 something POS was a POS a long time ago too.

shocked philip j fry GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I guarantee you, this conservative free speech issue has been focused grouped, planned out over 1-2 years, the book written, this latest news article drafted months and months ago, all his appearances on 1000 different podcasts and TV shows scheduled, etc. etc. This was going to be the pet issue that makes the world know who Hawley is! 

And this fucker just can't read the room. Bro, you helped start an insurrection, maybe wait 6 weeks before you try and cast yourself as the 1st amendment's victim in chief? It's amazing that he hasn't paused this shit in any way. He is just relentlessly pushing forward his messaging and causes even though fucking no one is in the mood to hear this motherfucker say a damn thing. Maybe log off, bro? Ted, maybe you too??

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I guarantee you, this conservative free speech issue has been focused grouped, planned out over 1-2 years, the book written, this latest news article drafted months and months ago, all his appearances on 1000 different podcasts and TV shows scheduled, etc. etc. This was going to be the pet issue that makes the world know who Hawley is! 

And this fucker just can't read the room. Bro, you helped start an insurrection, maybe wait 6 weeks before you try and cast yourself as the 1st amendment's victim in chief? It's amazing that he hasn't paused this shit in any way. He is just relentlessly pushing forward his messaging and causes even though fucking no one is in the mood to hear this motherfucker say a damn thing. Maybe log off, bro? Ted, maybe you too??

You know how a popular GOP cry is how, the Democratic party was the party of slavery? Then the Civil Rights Act passed and many voters left the Democratic party. Introspection and self-awareness used to be part of the Republican party. Then Lincoln was assassinated.

for a guy who has supposedly been "silenced/muzzled", I sure have heard a lot of whining from him in the last few days.  

he reminds me of my five year old when she's misbehaved and is sent to her room.  And I can still listen to her pouting in there from all the way downstairs, like "You know we can still hear you, right?"  

So congrats to my 5 year old for having the same temperament and maturity as a U.S. Senator, I guess?  

18 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

The voters in the middle of Missouri agree with that article and have the intelligence of a 15 year old. Slow 15 year old. 

18 hours ago, Js1 said:

Time to relegate Missouri to territory and promote DC to state

While true, our house is decidedly made of glass. At least Missouri’s guy didn’t start loving his hero only after being treated like the bitch that he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

While true, our house is decidedly made of glass. At least Missouri’s guy didn’t start loving his hero only after being treated like the bitch that he is. 

Ted Cruz has made it known in 2021 that he cares more about PA voter fraud and Pittsburgh than he does much else, especially his own state and constituents.  Go ahead and ship him to PA for the '22 race so Fetterman can curb stomp the fat fuck and make sure he knows that the road does not go both ways - Pennsylvania voters don't care about Ted Cruz in the slightest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They must've had a Zoom conference because this is the talking point I'm seeing across the board--the Electoral College objections. It's the nuanced version of 'Stop the Steal.' Hawley just has to force it more because he's backed into a corner.

Yes, the talking point is "muh constituents" because that's what Missouri and Texas residents are sitting around talking about - Pennsylvania voting laws. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

On point. The new right seem to believe that freedom of speech means not only that they can say whatever stupid shit they want, but that their own right supersedes that of any other human. 

You want to criticize my stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

You don’t want to publish my stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

You don’t want to pay me to write stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

It’s fucking idiotic and reflects a mentality seen most often in extremely spoiled toddlers. But it’s how the right views the world: I get to do whatever the fuck I want whenever I want and conflict with that is a violation of some constitutional right I misunderstand.

Hell, just a few years ago, these assholes couldn’t shut up about how private companies have first amendment rights. Now they’re pissed when those private companies exercise the very rights these nitwits fought to ensure they had. But it’s never about any principle with these assholes. It’s always about winning an advantage in the moment; the principle is dropped immediately upon becoming inconvenient.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's going to be great when he's the nominee and OK votes 75+% for a dude that supported the OKC bomber.

The average Republican trust Putin more than Biden and they are huge fans of Russia now. So I don't think it matters anymore.

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

On point. The new right seem to believe that freedom of speech means not only that they can say whatever stupid shit they want, but that their own right supersedes that of any other human. 

You want to criticize my stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

You don’t want to publish my stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

You don’t want to pay me to write stupid opinions? That violates my right to free speech!

It’s fucking idiotic and reflects a mentality seen most often in extremely spoiled toddlers. But it’s how the right views the world: I get to do whatever the fuck I want whenever I want and conflict with that is a violation of some constitutional right I misunderstand.

Hell, just a few years ago, these assholes couldn’t shut up about how private companies have first amendment rights. Now they’re pissed when those private companies exercise the very rights these nitwits fought to ensure they had. But it’s never about any principle with these assholes. It’s always about winning an advantage in the moment; the principle is dropped immediately upon becoming inconvenient.

yep.  aoc and brickhorn nailed it.

they don't really care about the right to say things and express themselves.  they care about being dragged online over the content of their message.  somehow his free speech is more important than other people's free speech.

hawley (like many of the far right/trumpers) seems to want to go back to the 1970's, where politicians and important, wealthy white people, had an ivory tower and a bully pulpit, and could basically say whatever they wanted and face little to no backlash over it, at least not until an election.

for all its flaws, twitter is very democratic.  follow their (very very loose) rules, and everybody has a platform.  josh hawley is no different than my 7th grade girlfriend who seems to be getting hotter in her mid 40's.  is that a thing?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1