This song fucking bangs - Chevelle in 2021

immamac

I dig it. One thing no one has ever asked- "Hey, is that Chevelle?"

Used to work concert security for a friend who owned the company, really just worked the shows I wanted to see or needed to make a few extra bucks. First show I worked was at the AstroArena or Verizon I think and it was billed as Dope, Static X and Powerman 5000. These kids were up on stage setting up and doing brief soundcheck type stuff and I assumed they were the roadies or techs for Dope. Next thing I know they kill the lights and those kids start playing, and they are good. Really fucking good. There's not a big crowd yet and a couple kids are jamming in front of the barricade and i asked them who these guys were...Chevelle...   

/csb 

• Hook 'Em 1

Favorite tunes are shameful metaphors, jawbreaker, and letters from a thief. 

Saw them with three days grace and breaking Benjamin a couple of years ago. 

What I can say about pete as a guitarist is that I can actually play a lot of their songs. I'm not the best player but I can break out my LTD EC and jam to lot of their stuff. And no solos.

I’ve loved these guys since I first saw the video for Mia on that old tv channel The Box. They took it up a notch when they fired the little brother bassist.

They have staying power and keep cranking out bangers. Take Out the Gunman is my favorite of more recent stuff.

Great live too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This one bangs even more! Classic Chevelle throwback right here. Simple, catchy Drop C riffs accompanied by heavily distorted bass with some good lyrics and the repetitive chorus featured in their earlier albums.