2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Scrappy about to get a card. 

White said the city of Dallas turned the UFC down, but the promotion is now working on Houston.

——

"I want to go to Texas ASAP," White said. "I'll go in the next two, three weeks. I'm ready to roll. We'll be first. We'll open this thing up, we'll sell it out and be on our way."

White said UFC 260 on March 27, an event initially slated for Las Vegas, could be moved to Texas. And UFC 261 on April 24 is very much on the table for there, he said.

"I'm ready to go," White said. "I'd move this one (UFC 259 on Saturday) if we could. I told everybody when this opened up that I would be first and we would go first. And we will. ... If we could do it, we'd do it."

Also, JDS & Overeem got released. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah, im more of a novice mma fan, but i am fuckin stoked about tomorow's event.

what is the board's overall opinion of isreal adesanya?

Easily my favorite fighter to watch, and I think there’s an outside chance that he’s in the conversation for goat when it’s all said and done. But I’m also an Adesanya Stan, so admittedly my opinion is biased. 

With that being said, Jan could definitely KO him tomorrow night. He’s been caught before (in the Gastelum fight), and if Jan catches him like that it’s lights out. 

I’m equally excited for the Petr Yan v aljamain sterling fight.