2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Whoa. Stipe needs to add some weight back, he looked tiny tonight. I texted my brother at the start of round 2 that he looked like he had no chance... 10 seconds later he was getting KTFO. Very casual observer but I watched their first fight and after about 30 seconds of this one I just didn’t see how it would be competitive. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Kinda pisses me off Jones tweets out show me the money...he's such a piece of shit human and Francis is such a great guy...now Jones will get a huge payday. Hopefully Francis destroys him

Nothing would be more satisfying than seeing Francis hit an already KO’d Jon Jones with one of his devastating unnecessary follow up shots 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

2650995D-3E0E-4A6F-B1C9-711A893C0A04.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Whoa. Stipe needs to add some weight back, he looked tiny tonight. I texted my brother at the start of round 2 that he looked like he had no chance... 10 seconds later he was getting KTFO. Very casual observer but I watched their first fight and after about 30 seconds of this one I just didn’t see how it would be competitive. 

Agree on the size thing for sure and thought the knee was done but he didn't seem to favor it

41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

jon jones has taken a ton of damage over the years...and theres no fucking way he wants a piece of that ngannou power

I think Jon's ego will make him take the fight and his pussy will make him get a training injury.  Or his nickel head will get him into some real world legal trouble.  Or he'll get popped for taking horse steroids.  I'll be very surprised if we ever see those two in a cage together.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

People really hatin on Jon Jones. Bc he the best or what?

He’s been caught cheating multiple times and he’s also a shitty person who’s gotten in trouble with the law multiple times. Have one or the other on your track record and he’s probably not hated. The combination of both makes him easy to hate 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He’s been caught cheating multiple times and he’s also a shitty person who’s gotten in trouble with the law multiple times. Have one or the other on your track record and he’s probably not hated. The combination of both makes him easy to hate 

lesse:

notorious eye-poker

endless antagonism against competitors

repeated PED violations/"incidients"

multiple DUIs

recipient of ..err..."favorable" decisions

probably few more things im forgetting.  him fuck

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

People really hatin on Jon Jones. Bc he the best or what?

Because he blew through a stop sign and t-boned a pregnant woman, breaking her arm, fled the scene, and then came back to the scene like a dumbass because he left 5 figures of cash in the car. Then, he doubled down on being an all around asshole by not even showing an ounce of concern. And that was just the beginning of his character and legal issues. So, he's a S-Tier shitheel and a moron. If it wasn't for fighting, this dude would be prison with zero prospects outside of crime. Why cheer for him when there are other great fighters who are at least halfway decent human beings?

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Fair enough. So we don’t give him any man of the year awards, but he’s a damn good fighter though which is what I watch him for.

The eye gouging is a gripe of mine too.

I’m not sure what to make of the PEDs

He’s on the Mount Rushmore of UFC fighters, cheating or no cheating IMO. At least in terms of raw talent. You don’t become the youngest champ in UFC history by mistake. 

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Fair enough. So we don’t give him any man of the year awards, but he’s a damn good fighter though which is what I watch him for.

The eye gouging is a gripe of mine too.

I’m not sure what to make of the PEDs

his brothers who play in the NFL also linked to / busted for PEDs so ......

8 hours ago, 52-80 said:

lesse:

notorious eye-poker

endless antagonism against competitors

repeated PED violations/"incidients"

multiple DUIs

recipient of ..err..."favorable" decisions

probably few more things im forgetting.  him fuck

And he's an in-your-face-Christian all the while.  Be a pompous religious person or douchebag and it's just annoying, but the combination is insufferable.

They are really trying to make Kevin Holland happen. 

The Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori main event on April 10 has been canceled after Till recently broke his collarbone during training.

Till wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday that the injury happened Monday, explaining that "while drilling I fell and straight away I knew I'd broken something."

The UFC has offered Kevin Holland the fight on short notice and Holland has agreed to it, sources told ESPN, though a final decision hasn't been made as to whether or not the promotion will go in that direction.

The Till-Vettori fight was scheduled to headline the second-ever UFC event on ABC.

"One thing, I know who doesn't support me in this sport and I want you to keep that same energy as the new generation say," Till's Instagram post read in part. "Mark my words I will do anything and everything to become Middleweight world champion."

Vettori (16-4-1) has won his past four fights in a row, while Holland (21-6) saw his five-fight winning streak snapped earlier this month when he lost a unanimous decision to Derek Brunson.

dont understand the mcgregor poirier rematch.  in terms of storylines, its the weakest and least intriguing.  if the answer is "its business - its for the money", i think any of these would sell better:  diaz, ferguson, gaethje.  or even holloway.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

dont understand the mcgregor poirier rematch.  in terms of storylines, its the weakest and least intriguing.  if the answer is "its business - its for the money", i think any of these would sell better:  diaz, ferguson, gaethje.  or even holloway.

Conor still draws better than anyone in the sport and he can still call his shot because of that. Dustin just made more money than he has in any other fight in his life, against a guy hes better than at this point. It makes sense for both parties, but I agree it is a weak storyline. But they’ll both make bank in a 3rd fight, so they had to do it. 

On 4/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, 52-80 said:

Conor against anyone sells better than Poirier against anyone other than Conor.  Dana's gonna squeeze every penny he can out of Conor.  

And I wouldn't just assume that Poirier wins again.  Conor's aging, but he takes phenomenal care of his body.  It's still an intriguing matchup.

I mean, I'd rather see Poirier/Gaethje and so would most knowledgable fans.  But we're the minority of PPV buys.  Dana's very good at telling the mob what to want and then selling it to them.

Edited by TexArcher