2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

12 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Conor needs Dustin to lose next fight if he wants to return to UFC. I don't see him taking a fight with Gaethje or Chandler or whoever else... he'll go fight a Paul brother and live Colby Covington's dream life. 

There's a big money fight with Diaz on the table before he has to go the Jake Paul route. Although it would be hilarious to see Diaz turn down a 3rd fight on the grounds that MacGregor is a pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don’t follow Muay Thai, but one would think this would happen with more frequency in that sport/martial art than in MMA.

They specifically condition their shins.

Some MMA guys do it. Maybe more should.

15 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Had he not been a cheater, along with being a piece of shit, he would have finished the round on the ground with an unbroken shin maybe ready for better things in round 2.

And if Dustin hadn't put his toes in the fence, allowing him to climb up the cage, Conor may have sunk in the guillotine. Lotta ins, lotta outs.

(Conor was going to lose regardless, he was losing on the feet and Poirier is much better on the ground.)

• Hook 'Em 1

And if Dustin hadn't put his toes in the fence, allowing him to climb up the cage, Conor may have sunk in the guillotine. Lotta ins, lotta outs.
(Conor was going to lose regardless, he was losing on the feet and Poirier is much better on the ground.)

At no point, regardless of any toes in fences, was Conor going to sink the guillotine. The mechanics were wrong and Dustin knew he was in no danger.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If Poirier isn't up in the air on his toes Conor could've worked a lock on Poirier's lower body and moved him into the right position. There's a reason Dustin did it, and it's not because it just felt cool.

Do I think Conor would've sunk it? No. Was Dustin cheating? Yes.

It's what you do in a game. You do everything you can to win.

If Poirier isn't up in the air on his toes Conor could've worked a lock on Poirier's lower body and moved him into the right position. There's a reason Dustin did it, and it's not because it just felt cool.
Do I think Conor would've sunk it? No. Was Dustin cheating? Yes.
It's what you do in a game. You do everything you can to win.

You’re right. I have no experience in BJJ. Carry on.
  • Haha 2

Not sure what the sticking point is here. Dustin Poirier cheated to get out of a choke that was almost certainly not going to work in a fight he was almost certainly going to win.
Do you disagree with any of that?

I am saying that regardless of his foot in the cage or not, he wasn’t in danger of Conor sinking that choke.

Whether it’s cheating or not is really up to me.

11 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Not sure what the sticking point is here. Dustin Poirier cheated to get out of a choke that was almost certainly not going to work in a fight he was almost certainly going to win.

Do you disagree with any of that?

stick with CRT, not BJJ

My son started MMA, but he's still a few months shy of 6. So watching fights together having bro time is still not an option, I don't think. Any recommendations for classic non-bloody fights would be appreciated.

Islam Makhachev, Khabib's protege, fights tonight.

Edited by JohnnyRage
Islam was not involved in the McGregor melee

My son started MMA, but he's still a few months shy of 6. So watching fights together having bro time is still not an option, I don't think. Any recommendations for classic non-bloody fights would be appreciated.
99% of chick fights lol for the non blood....not sure about "classic" for those though

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

doo ho choi vs cub swanson banger.

ufc promotional machine has been giving islam the pump.  dude is khabib 2.0 for sure.

Maia vs Sonnen. Maia’s striking is slow and just not good. But his throw and transition to the triangle is like poetry.