2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I think the main event is a wrong-guy-favored situation.  Cyril's a good fighter, but I don't think Francis should be an underdog to anybody right now.  Predator by TKO, rd 2.

Betting dudes were talking about how there might be some back room dealing with the judges because of Ngannou (sp) ducking fights or not scheduling one sooner. i.e. UFC might want the belt to move along.

(Obviously that only matters if it goes decision - but could be a factor. Or just tin foil shit. Who knows)

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Betting dudes were talking about how there might be some back room dealing with the judges because of Ngannou (sp) ducking fights or not scheduling one sooner. i.e. UFC might want the belt to move along.

Well, that's pretty silly.  A) The judges work for the sanctioning athletic commission, not the UFC, and B) I don't think anyone thinks Francis can win this by decision anyway.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Well, that's pretty silly.  A) The judges work for the sanctioning athletic commission, not the UFC, and B) I don't think anyone thinks Francis can win this by decision anyway.

I think your latter point is more germane. Let's not pretend like athletic commissions don't have a history of suspect decisions.

For the record - yes I think it's a silly reason for the line to be "off" but we're talking combat sports betting lines. All you need is enough people dumb enough to buy that angle to nudge it in a certain direction. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

I've got it 3-2 for Daveison.  DC and Rogan seemed pretty biased for Moreno, but he swung and missed more than anything else and he got knocked down twice.

Yeah I think that's straight. On stream so it might lag a bit. Moreno decision would have been a bit questionable. 

Gotta be 3-2 for Ngannou.

Cyril really fucked up on the ground there.  I'm not even sure why he took it there to begin with.  Francis looked slow from the start and Cyril definitely had a lot more left in the tank in rd 5.  Felt like he could've just peppered his way to an easy round on the feet and a W.

• Hook 'Em 2