2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Yeah Reyes was throwing down. Thought he might catch Prochazka with his hands at his hips. Once his nose got flattened he was struggling though. Blachowicz did a number on Reyes’s beak, that’s going to be a lingering problem for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nate Diaz off of the Houston card, pushed to 263 in June:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/31386292/nate-diaz-battling-minor-injury-fight-vs-leon-edwards-moved-ufc-263-june

The anticipated bout between Leon Edwards and Nate Diaz has a new date and location.

Diaz has a minor, undisclosed injury and his welterweight fight with Edwards will no longer take place as the co-main event of UFC 262 on May 15 in Houston, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday night.

Edwards-Diaz will remain intact and the five-round, non-title fight will be moved to UFC 263 on June 12 in Glendale, Arizona, sources said.

And there's this - Reyes's face got absolutely destroyed:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/4/22419148/ufc-vegas-25-medical-suspensions-dominick-reyes-facing-potential-six-month-for-facial-injuries

According to the list of medical suspensions acquired by mixedmartialarts.com, the fight left Reyes with multiple facial injuries that could see him out of action until the end of October. Reyes requires clearance from an eye, nose, and throat doctor or an oral and maxillofacial doctor after an initial assessment of nasal bone fractures, a right displaced orbital medial wall fracture, and a left displaced orbital zygomatic arch fracture.

1315769996.0.jpg

On 5/4/2021 at 2:44 PM, smuggs said:

Nate Diaz off of the Houston card 

Lost another one. 

The UFC has lost another key bout from this weekend's card.

A scheduled middleweight fight between Jack Hermansson and Edmen Shahbazyan has been removed from UFC 262 on Saturday in Houston, UFC officials confirmed with ESPN. The fight will now take place as part of UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt on May 22 in Las Vegas. The reason for the postponement has not been disclosed.

Most Houston cards have brought it in the past....purely coincidence i know, but been more good than bad i think....then again i am pretty blitzed at them so who the fuck knows

Fwiw i have been to 2 dallas cards also and they were both good as well so maybe it is just a Texas thing lol