2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

I know this board hates Nate Diaz, but fuck it, that's exactly why he's the fan favorite. He isn't the best boxer, isn't fast enough or even have enough pop, but he knows his game and is decent enough at boxing timing, and will just try to wear the person in front of him out until the technical aspects are no longer a factor. He had Leon cross-eyed for about 7 seconds there and just pointed at him and laughed instead of rushing to finish him off. I don't understand it, but I kinda do. 

My bad, maybe it was Conor fanboys during their 2 fights. "I coulda swore..."

MMA has become full contact WWE. Some people love the heel, some love the hero. There are very few universally loved fighters because most of them are shitty people just trying to make a living in a sport where they are paid horribly.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I don't know why Nate didn't pounce on him, had him dead to rights. Seemed like he gave him forever to recover.

Hate Moreno's voice, but great story. I need to go back and rewatch. I'm surprised.

Fuck that last fight, for all of the animosity it was a dud. Israel could have chosen to stick his neck out there for a finish but didn't. He's still one of my favorite fighters. But his antics and personality grow harder to take after 3 boring fights.

That first fight still has the nightmares.

• 2 weeks later...

So not sure the full in's and out's of this, but from what I gather....Dana is being a dick again and since Francis wasn't ready to jump at a title defense in July or August they are doing an interim HW belt for some pointless reason.  

Black Beast v Gane in Houston Aug 7th UFC 265.  

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

So not sure the full in's and out's of this, but from what I gather....Dana is being a dick again and since Francis wasn't ready to jump at a title defense in July or August they are doing an interim HW belt for some pointless reason.  

Black Beast v Gane in Houston Aug 7th UFC 265.  

Edited by JohnnyRage