Vic Mackey

Chicken  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The best part?

• Leg
    • Thigh
    • Wing
    • Breast

If it's a bucket/ box o' yardbird, I prefer the breast and wing.  If it's cooked in a decent dish, IDGAF if it's thigh or whatever.

love me some chicken... so damned versatile.  Of course straight up fried is my favorite.

Edited by slorch

If we’re talking a large basic cut and not a morsel, thigh all the way. Stands up to grilling, frying, broiling, roasting, whatever and it’s very hard to dry out. Stands up to spices. More flavor. 

The single drawback is that it’s harder to get all the meat off without getting messy and that’s not really a drawback.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thigh for flavor, followed very closely by the breast for having the most meat.  For most of my life until recently I was a leg guy.  And only serial killers will choose the wing.

1a. Thigh

1b. Breast

3. Leg

4. Wing

Agree 

The wing is a lot of trouble for one small bite of chicken.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, Elvis said:

UnacceptableCapitalDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Dad?  Family of 5 growing up in the 70s on one public servant salary.  Mom and older sister each got half a chicken breast, younger sister got the legs, I got the thighs and dad got the wings, neck and back, maybe the wishbone if mom cut up the chicken that way.

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The skin

Amen. Chicken skin grilled on a skewer at a Japanese Izakaya is probably in the top five things I have ever eaten. It sucks that you can't buy all of the skin from all of the skinless chicken sold at HEB (when it's open). I've even looked for it online to have it shipped.

If Mrs. CHIEF stops by Bush's or Chicken Express on the way home, it's 18 gizzards with gravy and a roll, 100% of the time.

CHIEF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Amen. Chicken skin grilled on a skewer at a Japanese Izakaya is probably in the top five things I have ever eaten. It sucks that you can't buy all of the skin from all of the skinless chicken sold at HEB (when it's open). I've even looked for it online to have it shipped.

If Mrs. CHIEF stops by Bush's or Chicken Express on the way home, it's 18 gizzards with gravy and a roll, 100% of the time.

CHIEF

yes

the japanese somehow added a 4th dimension to the chicken.  simply by grilling tiny chunks of it.  it is amazing.