2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

43 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

11-1 OU.

5 inning run rule

gg

I've been avoiding checking the score, fuck. Hope these girls can forget that one and show up ready to compete tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That OU is who we want to be if we can be more consistent

Yep, just amazing how long we've allowed some of these sports to suck wind. Mike's building it, we can see it.

Props to Ryleigh White.   Good job by a Freshman in that atmosphere.  (7H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 0 Ks).  Tagged by the 3run HR late by a PH (maybe not aware how to pitch).    She was really hurt by Parker's 2 errors,  not sure about Sullivan's error.  She and Shea hit 3 batters each.  OU may be crowding the zone.   

Hope Molly Jacobsen can have success.  Don't think OU has seen her.    Don't know,  apparently Shea may have been "hanging" her changeup which is a key pitch for her.   And not locating.

Was afraid TEXAS pitching wouldn't hold up against blOU, and after game #1 the fear was valid.

Gonna learn a lot about this current TEXAS team today -- are they really a squad that can get to the Final 8 at OKC??

Without a pitcher like Miranda, it's doubtful...

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Was afraid TEXAS pitching wouldn't hold up against blOU, and after game #1 the fear was valid.

Gonna learn a lot about this current TEXAS team today -- are they really a squad that can get to the Final 8 at OKC??

Without a pitcher like Miranda, it's doubtful...

This Texas team might be a lot like Vic’s team. Still can’t get over the Big 12 top dog hump (yet) but can get to the final 8 as long as that team isn’t in the path. 

Kinda reminds me of our last OKC squad. We snagged a game in Norman, but lost the series. Didn’t see them again until OKC and they beat us into the loser’s bracket. 

Edited by Js1

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

This Texas team might be a lot like Vic’s team. Still can’t get over the Big 12 top dog hump (yet) but can get to the final 8 as long as that team isn’t in the path.  Kinda reminds me of our last OKC squad. We snagged a game in Norman, but lost the series. Didn’t see them again until OKC and they beat us into the loser’s bracket. 

Like your optimism, but the disappointing pitching and defense for this TEXAS team has me concerned about them even making it out of the 1st Regional Round of the NCAA postseason. 

All it would take is for another team in the Regional to have a quality starter, and upsetting this HORNS team is much easier than in the past. 

Edited by LTtxfan

I think you’re overreacting A LOT to us facing #1 and the best offense in softball.  The issue has been falling behind 4+ runs after the first inning.... team appears to be pressing and panicking 

Has it been an ideal weekend? Nope it’s been awful. If we see similar results against Ok State and Baylor, I’ll be more concerned we wouldn’t make it out of a regional. 

Oh to have Elish.... would be so nice. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Why do all these California girls want to go to Norman, OK?  Can you not have a nice softball career with better weather and a better education in your own state?

OU wins championships. That’s why

OU has run ruled 25 of 33 opponents.   But even Kansas and Iowa St did not lose all 3 by run rule (6-2, 9-7).

Poor preparation in all areas.  Perhaps pitchers were tipping pitches.  It was as if no one watched tape.   Defense is last in B12 (.954) before today.  No excuse for that bad defense at this point in season. 

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

A 3-run hr by ou, sends me to the showers.   6-0.  We gotta have better pitching, better hitting, and better defense.  Other than that....

The obvious is defense. You aren't going to be top teams consistently with this defense. And you damn sure can't beat great offensive teams. Pitching is good not great. The offense is fine.