2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Simpson is a top 10 recruit. 

The Longhorns signing class was ranked No. 7 in the nation as part of Extra Inning Softball's 2021 Top 100 College Rankings with five players listed among Extra Inning Softball's Extra Elite 100 player rankings (all six were in the top 200): No. 4 (Simpson), No. 7 (Scott & Maloney – tie), No. 12 (Cimusz) and No. 24 (Holmes). Flo Softball also had Scott (21), Holmes (22-tie) and Cimusz (39) rated among its most recent Hot 100 Rankings, while Softball America listed Simpson (No. 9), Cimusz (No. 28), Holmes (No. 46), Scott (No. 57) and Maloney (No. 64) among its Top 100 players listing.

Man, 4 of those have to go....

RPI of the 20 host sites:

Alabama 2
Arizona 12
ASU 13
Arkansas 6
Clemson 17
Florida 3
FSU 5
Georgia 15
Kentucky 20
LSU 4
Michigan 24 
Missouri 16 
Oklahoma 7
Oklahoma State 8
Oregon 14
Tennessee 10
Texas 11
UCLA 1
Virginia Tech 23 
Washington 9

My guesses:

• Clemson, Kentucky, Michigan and Virginia Tech will be the 4 host sites eliminated
  • The 8 super hosts (super regional host sites*) will be UCLA, Alabama, Florida, Washington, FSU, Arkansas, OU, Texas/OSU winner.  

Just like for the baseball postseason, if any of the 8 super hosts are eliminated in regionals, the supers will NOT revert to remaining higher seed's campus.  It will continue to play at the super host site. 

Edited by Js1

Listened to audio.   Check tape delay,  but in 1st inn w/2 outs,  ball hit to K Washington in CF which announcer indicated was catchable resulting in double and opened scoring.

MW opted to bring Rhodes in to play 3B.   Not sure K Washington has played CF ever,  at least this year.   We know the issues she had earlier in LF.    Not a fan of this musical chair defense when you are last in the league.

OkSt had 3 DP's to counter our 7 singles and 1 HR.    As mentioned above,  could not get the key hit.

Is A. Washingotn injured ?

Edit:  Just saw replay.   Tough play,  would have required remarkable catch by K  Wash.    Rhodes may have been able to get a better jump considering she has been regular CF.    But definitely not as described on radio.

Edited by torre

17 hours ago, torre said:

Listened to audio.   Check tape delay,  but in 1st inn w/2 outs,  ball hit to K Washington in CF which announcer indicated was catchable resulting in double and opened scoring.

MW opted to bring Rhodes in to play 3B.   Not sure K Washington has played CF ever,  at least this year.   We know the issues she had earlier in LF.    Not a fan of this musical chair defense when you are last in the league.

OkSt had 3 DP's to counter our 7 singles and 1 HR.    As mentioned above,  could not get the key hit.

Is A. Washingotn injured ?

Edit:  Just saw replay.   Tough play,  would have required remarkable catch by K  Wash.    Rhodes may have been able to get a better jump considering she has been regular CF.    But definitely not as described on radio.

Was dinged up during KU. Making the start at 3B today 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I realize OU and OSU are good but this team will do well to get out of a regional I think.  no way they make CWS.  White has a lot of work to do.

Agree with this.  We’ve got OU and TransferU schooling our young squad

Same things that plagued us yesterday and in the OU series. Cannot advance or score runners. 

Looks like both our diamond sports are a mirage who beat up bad teams and then look average against the better conference opponents 

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I realize OU and OSU are good but this team will do well to get out of a regional I think.  no way they make CWS.  White has a lot of work to do.

We will get a regional. I hope we are seeded 10-12 bc I feel like we’d have a punchers chance with 5-6-7. It’s the top 4 we are super outclassed. 

4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Beginning to wonder if Mike is what we expected

I think he is the guy. He also needs to step up his transfer recruiting game. Selling Austin to women is not difficult. Beard is raising that floor for the entire AD.

• Hook 'Em 1