2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Texas’ career hits leader and she has another full season. Her record will stand for a long time, I bet 

I knew she was leading career hits leader.  I guess that is why I thought she had to be a senior.  I’ve had her a senior in my mind all year.  I love her grit.

Great game,  Welcome Back,  Mary !

MW says Janae is the most underrated player in NCAA college softball.   That ball gets thru and ... Great game by Shea to stay focused after the HR's.

OKSt needs stadium security for that outfield crowd.

1 minute ago, ruitxn said:

I knew she was leading career hits leader.  I guess that is why I thought she had to be a senior.  I’ve had her a senior in my mind all year.  I love her grit.

Even more impressive she’s done it in 3.5 seasons and will play 4.5

Shea only gave up 3 hits but 2 left the park. That’s my main concern is her and Molly keeping the ball in the yard tomorrow for us to have a chance. 

I will say I do not miss the old format of playing game 3 right after game 2. That was when super regionals were Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun but now we have Thurs-Sat and Fri-Sun 

Edited by Js1

SEC SEC SEC? 14 teams in, including 7 national seeds, and could only have 2 or 3 in the WCWS. 

4 Florida - swept by unseeded UGA (11th place in the regular season)

6 Arkansas - swept by visiting 11 Arizona

7 LSU - swept by visiting 10 FSU

8 Mizzou - down 0-1 to unseeded JMU at home 

9 Tennessee - knocked out in their regional

14 Kentucky - swept by Alabama 

The first WCWS game is set - Alabama/Arizona. Their opening weekend game was a victim of the 2021 Texas Freeze in Austin - will still be a day 1 WCWS game now. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Texas would very much like to advance today. They’d face unseeded UGA in the first round. Of course, then it’s (likely) OU in game 2. But losing to OU would flip us out of that side of the bracket as the 1-0 loser always flips sides. 

3 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Sec given every opportunity and can still only get 2 teams in

And all they and probably espn will talk about is how Georgia getting in while finishing 11th in conference shows you how tough the conference is. and that super was a guaranteed wcws berth. 

sec 2/14

pac 2/12

big 12 2/10?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And all they and probably espn will talk about is how Georgia getting in while finishing 11th in conference shows you how tough the conference is. and that super was a guaranteed wcws berth. 

sec 2/14

pac 2/12

big 12 2/10?

Big 12 also had a guaranteed spot with our super.

But really, it’s that 1 SEC “host” made it, considering they had 7 seeded teams (3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 14).  UGA was a host but was not the seeded team in Athens.  

Big 12 had 3 seeded teams (1, 5, 12) - 2 will advance, bc one has to lose in our conference matchup super.  PAC had 4 seeded teams (2, 11, 15, 16) and 2 advance. ACC had 2 (10, 13). ACC had half, but Duke was a road host.

SEC - 1/7

ACC - 1/2

Big 12 - 2/3

Pac 12 - 2/4