2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

There is some turnover but Texas is actually returning a ton. 

Corona, Parker, Iakopo, Whitaker, Burke and Jefferson were all starting at the end of the year. JJ Smith was also starting a lot of games at 1B to end the year. Then you have the ace from last year's staff returning in O'Leary. 

6 to 7 position starters and top pitcher returning. 

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

There is some turnover but Texas is actually returning a ton. 

Corona, Parker, Iakopo, Whitaker, Burke and Jefferson were all starting at the end of the year. JJ Smith was also starting a lot of games at 1B to end the year. Then you have the ace from last year's staff returning in O'Leary. 

6 to 7 position starters and top pitcher returning. 

Parker, Iakopo, Burke and Jefferson are my 100% starters.  SS, C, corner OF and 2B.  

Whitaker is too slow to play the OF.  Someone like Gilbert is perfectly slated to grab that CF spot. 

I could see something like:

C Iakopo
1B Smith (if fully healed)
2B Jefferson
3B Scott or Corona
SS Parker
OF Gilbert
OF Burke
OF Holmes
DH Whitaker

Scott and Holmes are too talented to keep off the field, for now, compared to the rest of our roster. 

And Martinez and Goode come in next year.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, torre said:

Providing she is fully recovered from injury,  Popelka should definitely contribute.   Doesn't have the HR power that MW covets,  but hit .375 in 27 games with 13/14 SB's

"Speed never has a bad day"...Gus     

Team has speed for days between Popelka, Jefferson, Scott, the Arizona transfer, Gilbert, etc.  But there's only 9 positions in the field and 1 extra batting spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 7:52 AM, Js1 said:

And from what I've read, Gilbert and the Arizona transfer should both be eligible in 2022, along with Dolcini. 

I don't think people realize how good of an addition Gilbert was. She can really hit. 

The top of the order with Jefferson, Burke and Gilbert is going to be scary good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

USA vs Japan in the gold medal game for World Cup, on CBS Sports.

Bottom of the second with two outs, bases loaded, 0-0. Janae Jefferson hits a bases clearing double to give USA a 3-0 

lead. Tune in! 

Thanks to another poster.

USA won 3-2

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2