2021 Drunk Thread

Hate

My daughter is pregnant and so I  thought if she's going sober, than I will too. For the pregnancy. Kept it to myself. 

What a crock of shit! I thought I'd lose weight. I couldn't get enough of ice cream and cookies. I'd have more time to get things done. I watched more TV. I quit socializing because my friends drink. The funniest comment was "yeah, bet you thought you were going to get a hobby or something."

Anyway, I'm back at it. My pool game is a little rusty but there's only one way to get to Carnegie Hall.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a drink all week until tonight.  Tomorrow I leave my house to go bury my Grandpa.  He passed away on Christmas Eve last year at 100 years old.  It will be fun to hang out with my family as we will just party all weekend.  We will make up with mimosas and be drunk around the fire late into the night while celebrating the man that started this all.  It's bittersweet as I love my family.  But I also loved my Grandpa.  I miss him every single day. 

Oh well.  I'll have one more drink for Grandpa. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Way too much crap north Georgia wine last night. The tasting rooms are nice, the views are beautiful, but sadly the wine is still garbage.

This is what’s it’s like going to the Fredericksburg, TX wineries after you have been to Napa. 

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

This is what’s it’s like going to the Fredericksburg, TX wineries after you have been to Napa. 

Strikes me as a little harsh.  I’ve drunk more than my share of wines in Napa, Sonoma, and eastern Washington, and lots of ‘em are great.  For Fredericksburg, avoid the sweet at all cost and go for Heath (sparklers), Grape Creek, Pedernales, or Brennan Super Nero (Texas Wine Collective/Nero D’Avolo).  The wineries working with happy Texas grapes, like Tempranillo and Nero are catching on...........