All things equestrian - horses, Don Ke-hote, mules, etc.

ROFL BOX

Does anyone have a referral for a preferred vendor on rubber horse shoes (boots)?  Looking to try some out as we're occasional riding & I don't want to spend farrier costs on a horse that doesn't get a lot of road miles (but I suspect IS giving me some refusals on gravel due to frog pain / pressure.

10 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Sorry....I meant just for general riding. Im not into rodeo or showing.

My rodeo days (roughstock events) are 40 years ago.  I have done some Play Days, however.  That's a lotta fun.

I had a Palomino (Whiskey... pics on page 1, thread starting post) who unbeknownst to me had some cattle horse in him.  Freaked me out when he started with the whole quick "L --- R" thing to match a maybe 1 year old cow that was on the other side of a fence.

• 2 years later...

Getting a load of 20 rounds delivered next weekend.

5×5, coming up from near Sinton (where IS Bill these days, anyhow?).

$ 100 ea. I will consider that a "win" as compared to $ 85 / bale for my local guy & I won't have to make any R/T's for 2 @ a time (one on the buggy & one in the truck bed).

This should get me to over ⅓ of the year as my ² horses are on average burning 1 rounder every 10 days.

My 6 yr. Old daughter has recently started taking lessons for hunter jumper and the place she’s riding at has offered us a lease on a horse for around 2K per month. Any thoughts or advice on this? This is my wife’s thing as she rode as a kid and the closest I’ve ever been to a horse was betting them at Manor Downs. 

• 2 weeks later...