Bucs @ Saints: NFC Divisional Round Game

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I didn't know this was a rule. So if he didn't move, they let the play go on for a free play? Not sure I understand the reasoning behind this.

That’s always been the rule. If the lineman moves, it’s just a neutral zone infraction. It makes sense to do it on short yardage situations. But if you stay in your stance and catch them in the neutral zone that’s the free play. They can’t just let it go our it would be a false start. That’s why they have to call something.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, TommyGufano said:

Not an INT. If they're not going for it, it was pretty much an arm punt anyways

I don't get this mindset. It wasn't like a punt. You don't punt on 3rd down. And throwing a heave on 3rd and 1 into double coverage towards the sideline is idiotic. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't get this mindset. It wasn't like a punt. You don't punt on 3rd down. And throwing a heave on 3rd and 1 into double coverage towards the sideline is idiotic. 

I'm saying it reads link an INT in the box score, but it is effectively the same thing as an incomplete pass.

edit: all of this if it actually were an INT

Edited by TommyGufano