Thieves can die in a fire and take an electrified catheter charged by lightning

4:30am this morning, get in my pickup to go to work and see my covid mask in the floorboard. I’m OCD about things being in the right place, so immediately I know something’s wrong.  Look at the glovebox and the strings from spare mask are hanging out.  Look in console and about $30 of coins are gone.  Had a shaving bag with toiletries from an overnight trip Friday night that I had left in the truck accidentally that is gone.Had a 1/2 full bottle of cologne in it, otherwise everything is regular shit, but my shit nonetheless.

Things they didn’t makes me think it was idiot kids and not meth-heads: tools in the back. Garage door opener. Keys and e-card keys to multiple corporate locations...there is ample stuff in the truck that would clue them in as to my employer. 2 gift cards to B-Dubs... this one really puzzled me.

No broken windows. No other apparent damage.  Fuck motherfuckers thinking they can just help themselves to my stuff.  Had already been considering motion lights for driveway, so now that is front burner.  Wish I would have heard them...oh well.  I hope it was a one time thing... now I worry about them fucking with the house when we’re gone.  These guys would probably leave everything but some Tide pods or some shit.

7 minutes ago, deadshank said:

1/2 a bottle of cologne?  You wear cologne?  Hai-Karate or English Leather?  Who wears cologne?

Oh.  Yes.  Thieves and thievery are the worstest.  

Sex Panther... or maybe pure gasoline.

WTF else do you metrosex bois call it?  Eu de parfum? The point was that was basically  the only thing of value they took besides the loose coins.

Edited by slorch

I guess you have bulletproof glass? Two cars on our street have broken windows this morning  

Fuck that.  Motherfuckers should leave people’s stuff alone. Locked or not. 

Edited by slorch

34 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Motion lights and cameras won’t help at all. Now the thieves just do it anyway, knowing it’s very difficult to id a person. 

when they hear gun fire,  I imagine it will stop.  Fucking cowards.  It would be a shot in the air, to start with.

Which I imagine at that point, their ride at the end of the street will haul ass and it will all be worth it.

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

$30 in loose change?  They may have done you a favor. 

Yeah, I think Slorch just puts out an APB for anybody rolling (pun intended) into a Coinstar or local bank with a bunch of coin. Or between the laundry change and fresh scent of CVS-level cologne, whichever gentlemen of color appear to be rolling around town with the most debonair stylings.  

$50 says it was white dudes, BTW (and I'm paying you in nickels to help replenish your loss).  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I think Slorch just puts out an APB for anybody rolling (pun intended) into a Coinstar or local bank with a bunch of coin. Or between the laundry change and fresh scent of CVS-level cologne, whichever gentlemen of color appear to be rolling around town with the most debonair stylings.  

$50 says it was white dudes, BTW. 

Don't care about race.  Thieves is thieves.  Like I said initially, seems like kids with what they took... and didn't take.

Just spoke with neighbor and he has some high dollar tools in his truck still there.  They rummaged through his glove box and took some miscellaneous bullshit too, including a fire extinguisher.  WTF?

Edited by slorch

I know man, just dicking around.  Those types of thefts, and I've endured a few myself, are sometimes the most frustrating.  Cause all this mayhem and trouble for you, you still gotta file shit and replace shit, and in the end you probably even come out a bit behind.  Either fuck with a window or door and run off, or take everything so I can file a whopper claim and get made whole again.  But this half-ass shit, now I just wanna beat the fuck out of you and then I'm probably in more trouble.  

csb/ when on a roadtrip many years ago through Sacramento with my college roommate---we parked outside my cousin's place where we crashed that night.  Got broken into, they just stole the stereo and a duffle bag of clothes/sundries that my buddy left in the car accidentally.  My cousin was working as an attorney with the FBI at the time, but of course Sacramento PD did the investigation.  We were basically told, "tough shit."  But because technically, they broke into a vehicle on the premises of an FBI employee...the local PD swept those two guys up and one of 'em lost custody of his kids over a shitty pioneer stereo and would have gone to federal prison but for he flipped on his little thievery ring.  Point of the story---make a few calls...could just be shitty local youths making trouble or could be a whole ring.  Only thing more satisfying than getting your $30 in quarters back is ruining somebody's life for decades.  Of course, that's just the sociopath in me talking.  /csb

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Don't care about race.  Thieves is thieves.  Like I said initially, seems like kids with what they took... and didn't take.

Just spoke with neighbor and he has some high dollar tools in his truck still there.  They rummaged through his glove box and took some miscellaneous bullshit too, including a fire extinguisher.  WTF?

$50 says it was Vietnamese teenagers 

10 minutes ago, RPM said:

I care not what color / race the person stealing my shit is. I care they are a thief.

I stated that from the onset.  Was just addressing the speculative comments.

Doesn't make a shit.  Motherfuckers deserve a beating.

13 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Did you put on that Johnson’s Baby Powder with your Cool Water Cologne? I hope your white socks and all blue Chucks were in the house.

I understand none of these references.

Which movie?    FTR, never owned a pair of Chucks...I'm only fiddy.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

4:30am this morning, get in my pickup to go to work and see my covid mask in the floorboard. I’m OCD about things being in the right place, so immediately I know something’s wrong.  Look at the glovebox and the strings from spare mask are hanging out.  Look in console and about $30 of coins are gone.  Had a shaving bag with toiletries from an overnight trip Friday night that I had left in the truck accidentally that is gone.Had a 1/2 full bottle of cologne in it, otherwise everything is regular shit, but my shit nonetheless.

Things they didn’t makes me think it was idiot kids and not meth-heads: tools in the back. Garage door opener. Keys and e-card keys to multiple corporate locations...there is ample stuff in the truck that would clue them in as to my employer. 2 gift cards to B-Dubs... this one really puzzled me.

No broken windows. No other apparent damage.  Fuck motherfuckers thinking they can just help themselves to my stuff.  Had already been considering motion lights for driveway, so now that is front burner.  Wish I would have heard them...oh well.  I hope it was a one time thing... now I worry about them fucking with the house when we’re gone.  These guys would probably leave everything but some Tide pods or some shit.

I had my truck broken into at a restaurant in San Antonio 10 years ago. They stole maybe 20 loose dollar bills from my center console, a pair of $10 sunglasses and my phone charger.... they left the pistol in the door pan and.... my wallet (left it in my truck as I was sorta interviewing with someone and wasn't paying for shit).. 

Criminal masterminds! 

5 hours ago, EE2B said:

Did you put on that Johnson’s Baby Powder with your Cool Water Cologne? I hope your white socks and all blue Chucks were in the house.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I understand none of these references.

Which movie?    FTR, never owned a pair of Chucks...I'm only fiddy.

Because it's Johnson's Baby Powder and Polo cologne.  Bally shoes and green socks.  That's why.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slorch said:

I guess you have bulletproof glass? Two cars on our street have broken windows this morning  

Fuck that.  Motherfuckers should leave people’s stuff alone. Locked or not. 

To be fair I was thinking the same thing.  Your first post said "No broken glass."

It's still shitty regardless of how they got in.

Edited by Tom

37 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Did you post this to NextDoor?  Because that is SOP when people in my neighborhood have valuables stolen overnight from their unlocked car sitting in their driveway.

Nah, but like posted upthread, 2 neighbors have video footage of car trailing fucknuts getting stuff out of the vehicles.  We also have cams on the only way into the subdivision.

I don't have twitter, nextdoor, and none of the bullshit FB offshoots.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, slorch said:

Curious if you are in Temple.  I am investigating a rash of 50+ property theft from vehicle cases in that area.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My catalytic converter was stolen a few weeks ago. It's apparently an epidemic. Fuck these assholes.

At one of our remote locations, they got 9 trucks for their Cat. Converters.   3 months later they hit em again.  Bean counters finally decided a fence was warranted.  Lol

Fuck thieves.  And Elvis, I’m up in Amarillo