Thieves can die in a fire and take an electrified catheter charged by lightning

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

My catalytic converter was stolen a few weeks ago. It's apparently an epidemic. Fuck these assholes.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

At one of our remote locations, they got 9 trucks for their Cat. Converters.   3 months later they hit em again.  Bean counters finally decided a fence was warranted.  Lol

Fuck thieves.  And Elvis, I’m up in Amarillo

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

My vehicle is a make and model that is a popular target because it sits a little higher off the ground that most cars. If it happens again I wonder if my insurance company will have some ideas how to protect it from these assholes.

It's not just catalytic converters. They're popular right now, but if it's not that, it is wheels or even complete truck tailgates. All thousands of dollars to replace in most cases. 

Edited by SurlyBDR
Fuck thieves

On 1/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, slorch said:

4:30am this morning, get in my pickup to go to work and see my covid mask in the floorboard. I’m OCD about things being in the right place, so immediately I know something’s wrong.  Look at the glovebox and the strings from spare mask are hanging out.  Look in console and about $30 of coins are gone.  Had a shaving bag with toiletries from an overnight trip Friday night that I had left in the truck accidentally that is gone.Had a 1/2 full bottle of cologne in it, otherwise everything is regular shit, but my shit nonetheless.

Things they didn’t makes me think it was idiot kids and not meth-heads: tools in the back. Garage door opener. Keys and e-card keys to multiple corporate locations...there is ample stuff in the truck that would clue them in as to my employer. 2 gift cards to B-Dubs... this one really puzzled me.

No broken windows. No other apparent damage.  Fuck motherfuckers thinking they can just help themselves to my stuff.  Had already been considering motion lights for driveway, so now that is front burner.  Wish I would have heard them...oh well.  I hope it was a one time thing... now I worry about them fucking with the house when we’re gone.  These guys would probably leave everything but some Tide pods or some shit.

You don’t exactly know what happened to your belongings (only that they vanished), so to say it is theft is not entirely fair. 

It could be that a disadvantaged resident was in greater need of the items than you, and that’s what we are about as a community. I know it is hard to hear this, but treat it as an unplanned donation. 

You did good today. I’m proud of you. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/22/2021 at 5:14 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

You don’t exactly know what happened to your belongings (only that they vanished), so to say it is theft is not entirely fair. 

It could be that a disadvantaged resident was in greater need of the items than you, and that’s what we are about as a community. I know it is hard to hear this, but treat it as an unplanned donation. 

You did good today. I’m proud of you. 

So...just claim it as a donation on your taxes?

On 1/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, SurlyBDR said:

It's not just catalytic converters. They're popular right now, but if it's not that, it is wheels or even complete truck tailgates. All thousands of dollars to replace in most cases. 

About 10 years ago I used to rent in a shitty part of Katy.  Came out one night and all center caps were taken off, and about half the lugs removed from each wheel on wife’s truck (Denali). Someone must have scared them off.  They just left all the shit there in neat little piles.   Spent a few bucks on some wheel locks the next day.  

Buddy had his Platinum tailgate stolen (fancy horse property type hood) and it was almost 3k to replace.  They didn’t steal any of the yetis or other assorted shit he had in the back. Just the tailgate. 

Personally, I think they should send thieves straight to a rope.  Motherfuckers. 

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

About 10 years ago I used to rent in a shitty part of Katy.  Came out one night and all center caps were taken off, and about half the lugs removed from each wheel on wife’s truck (Denali). Someone must have scared them off.  They just left all the shit there in neat little piles.   Spent a few bucks on some wheel locks the next day.  

Buddy had his Platinum tailgate stolen (fancy horse property type hood) and it was almost 3k to replace.  They didn’t steal any of the yetis or other assorted shit he had in the back. Just the tailgate. 

Personally, I think they should send thieves straight to a rope.  Motherfuckers. 

A couple years ago that happened to a guy in our neighborhood, except they had all the lug nuts off one wheel. He backed out of his driveway without noticing and the wheel fell off.  Fucked his Tahoe all up.

• Rage+1 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

They needed a 20 ga birdshot reminder. I wouldn't want to kill them but I'd put pellets in their car as a reminder. Thieves stole my sons at his apartment last year. It was almost $400 for a 25 year old Honda Accord. I hate thieves.

11 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

They needed a 20 ga birdshot reminder. I wouldn't want to kill them but I'd put pellets in their car as a reminder. Thieves stole my sons at his apartment last year. It was almost $400 for a 25 year old Honda Accord. I hate thieves.

That seems reasonable.  Or a rock through their back window.

paint ball gun?

13 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

They needed a 20 ga birdshot reminder. I wouldn't want to kill them but I'd put pellets in their car ass as a reminder. Thieves stole my sons at his apartment last year. It was almost $400 for a 25 year old Honda Accord. I hate thieves.

fixy for me.  Running away, aim low, 20 ga with #8 shot in the ass and back won't kill em

• Hook 'Em 1