Bucs @ Packers: NFC Championship Game

Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The problem I have with this kind of stuff is it's factoring in every team but every team is completely different with their quarterbacks and personnel. With a quarterback the caliber of Rogers you definitely go for it because you have the guy that has a much better chance of making it than if Kirk Cousins, Gardner Minshew, or Jameis Winston were the quarterback. That's why stats and analytics are helpful but are pimped up by fans way way way too much. The only stats that should matter that much is if it's that particular team's stats but many times the sample size will be to small in a season to take it too seriously. The personnel you have and the quality of QB makes a much bigger difference in decision making than what the average of every team in the league does. 

That's well said but the analyst specifically said that the Packers' chances would be better than the numbers said because they have Rodgers.

He has no one to blame on this one, not even King. Best team he's ever had, best individual statistical season of his career, a coach he likes, arguably the best WR in football, home field, Brady playing like ass in the 2nd half with 3 picks...and his last 3 drives went:
3 and out
3 and out
Field goal after 1st and Goal
Wrong. I didn't watch the second half or tail end of the first. But I did see Adams drop a TD. I saw horrendous pass blocking from his guys. I saw no pass rush from his dline. And I know damn well you dont give up a 40 yard TD pass with 1 second left.

But yeah he could have made more plays. But certainly many others have blame.

49 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't worry. He will be let off the hook for tonight and we will just hear about the refs on that 3rd down. It's the Rodgers' narrative. Nothing is ever his fault. He will forever be the "what if goat". What if GB stops that play and he gets the ball back. What if this and what if that...

When the receiver's shirt is stretched out a yard behind him by the DB I think that's pretty clear evidence of a penalty 

It’s undeniable evidence.
Ahem...have you dealt with a Packers/Rodgers fan?

I'm actually somewhat surprised that fox tried to bury the endzone shot that clearly showed the jersey being pulled from Rice Lake to Superior. They kept feeding Buck the sideline shot while he toed the "that was a late flag" bullshit.

Must've been the Rodgers rate.
  • Haha 1

The packers pissed that game away.  In every possible way, despite Brady playing like hammered shit and trying to hook them up. 

They PI was definitely a PI. But the refs had repeatedly declined to throw a flag on multiple pulled jerseys, hooked waists, deep yardage hand fighting, and no look back impacting pass deflections. 

that’s the problem: you can’t play 80s DB rules then suddenly snap back to light touch rules on a pass of very questionable catchability. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The packers pissed that game away.  In every possible way, despite Brady playing like hammered shit and trying to hook them up. 

They PI was definitely a PI. But the refs had repeatedly declined to throw a flag on multiple pulled jerseys, hooked waists, deep yardage hand fighting, and no look back impacting pass deflections. 

that’s the problem: you can’t play 80s DB rules then suddenly snap back to light touch rules on a pass of very questionable catchability. 

there was no hold, pass interference or anything not called that came close to the pull shirt that was called.

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

there was no hold, pass interference or anything not called that came close to the pull shirt that was called.

I saw multiple long jersey pulls, including on Rodgers INT.  PI’s clearly viewable by the back judge on critical calls earlier in the game.  But they went uncalled. I had actually commented to my wife about 5 mins earlier that I liked that the refs were letting them play.

I have no dog in this fight.  My team lost last week.  But if packers hate gets you high, gank another line. 

Edited by Bateshorn

18 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I saw multiple long jersey pulls, including on Rodgers INT.  PI’s clearly viewable by the back judge on critical calls earlier in the game.  But they went uncalled. I had actually commented to my wife about 5 mins earlier that I liked that the refs were letting them play.

I have no dog in this fight.  My team lost last week.  But if packers hate gets you high, gank another line. 

there was nothing that even compared to that shirt pull, nothing, and I have no dog in this fight either, I like the Packers, they were lovable losers the first 20 years of my NFL watching.

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

there was nothing that even compared to that shirt pull, nothing, and I have no dog in this fight either, I like the Packers, they were lovable losers the first 20 years of my NFL watching.

My point is you can’t let the DB’s and WR get increasingly physical as the game goes on, letting multiple obvious PI’s go on both sides then suddenly call a PI on a ball that was probably uncatchable, and wasn’t the result of gross and excessive physical interference that was clearly a deciding factor on the play.

The refs essentially incentivized physical, illegal play under the modern rules until they didn’t.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

My point is you can’t let the DB’s and WR get increasingly physical as the game goes on, letting multiple obvious PI’s go on both sides then suddenly call a PI on a ball that was probably uncatchable, and wasn’t the result of gross and excessive physical interference that was clearly a deciding factor on the play.

The refs essentially incentivized physical, illegal play under the modern rules until they didn’t.  

and your point doesn't change the fact that there was nothing close to that shirt pull that they called, you can show any that you think were

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

and your point doesn't change the fact that there was nothing close to that shirt pull that they called, you can show any that you think were

Are you dim? Did you read my first post?  I clearly stated it was obvious pass interference. Since your are slow: IT WAS CLEARLY PASS INTERFERENCE. 

In my second post I noted there was an obvious shirt tug on the Rodgers INT that was visible to the back judge (and noted by Aikman). During the packer’s last drive both Aikman and Buck noted the refs were allowing the Bucs defensive backs to aggressively hand check at least 15 yards down field.  

but your point that it was pass interference is.....correct. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I had actually commented to my wife about 5 mins earlier that I liked that the refs were letting them play.

I only saw the first half live. Nothing of real consequence with the refs. And the PI on replay. The RT hooked the DE otherwise it's a sack and quite possibly a fumble.

But this "letting them play" philosophy is horseshit because it is impossible to be consistent. In part because players will eventually push the limits more and more. And the NFL is going the route of college. We ain't calling offensive holding cause well we ain't.

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Not a big fan of going for 2 until near the end of the game. Being down 8 might have contributed to the stupid fucking coach's decision to kick a field goal. Had Rogers failed on 4th. He probably figured what are the odds. Tampa would have had first down at their own 10. GB all their time outs.

Even at 8 down, he should have gone for it.

The coaches thinking was that they needed 8 and even if the get the TD there and fail the conversion, they still need a score anyway.  Terrible logic.

• Kick the FG and you still need a TD to win.
  • Go for it and fail and you have four time outs and TB inside their own ten.
  • Go for it and get the TD and conversion, game is tied.
  • Go for it, get the TD and fail the conversion, you still need  a score to win, but it's a FG, something that can be feasibly accomplished with 30 seconds on the clock

• Hook 'Em 1

The coaches thinking was that they needed 8 and even if the get the TD there and fail the conversion, they still need a score anyway.  Terrible logic.
  • Kick the FG and you still need a TD to win.
  • Go for it and fail and you have four time outs and TB inside their own ten.
  • Go for it and get the TD and conversion, game is tied.
  • Go for it, get the TD and fail the conversion, you still need  a score to win, but it's a FG, something that can be feasibly accomplished with 30 seconds on the clock

Yea kicking it and still needing to get into the end zone was crazy. Lafleur said something about not getting any yardage on the plays before 4th. I think it’s easier on offense to run a play on the 8 than the 4 or 5.
  • Hook 'Em 1