Bills @ Chiefs: AFC Championship Game

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

4th and short with Mahomes is no biggie. 4th and short and run the ball?Not that risky. But to call a pass play with Henne right there at midfield took balls. Kudos to him. He wanted to win the game right then. Don't punt away. I also suspect he did not respect Baker that much and even if they didn't get it, Baker would not have scored a TD. Remember, the drive before, Baker took his team 12 yards, burned a timeout and wasted 4 minutes. Total fucking failure.

If Mahomes is good to go on Sunday, Chiefs will win. This is now their 3rd straight AFC title game at home. 

I'm good with either outcome.  If I had a second team, it would be the Chiefs.  Regional, likeable (outside of Tyreek Hill), and a great fanbase.  Buffalo is an absolutely tortured franchise with the most insane/entertaining fanbase in sports.  I was a kid when they were losing all those Super Bowls and I always wanted to see them get one in there.

This should be a fun game to watch, and I'll 100% be rooting for the winner over either shit option in the NFC.

On 1/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, Machinator said:

This is what would worry me more. Mahomes was limping a lot before he eventually was knocked out of the game. How effective would he be if his foot is not healthy and ready to go? He will still be out there for sure but will he be the same?

On 1/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm good with either outcome.  If I had a second team, it would be the Chiefs.  Regional, likeable (outside of Tyreek Hill), and a great fanbase.  Buffalo is an absolutely tortured franchise with the most insane/entertaining fanbase in sports.  I was a kid when they were losing all those Super Bowls and I always wanted to see them get one in there.

This should be a fun game to watch, and I'll 100% be rooting for the winner over either shit option in the NFC.

I have a buddy who is a lifelong Bills fan.  I love to occasionally, randomly text him this gif...

giphy.gif

I'm rooting for the Bills to make it to the Super Bowl.  And lose again.

On a missed FG would be icing on the cake.  Love my buddy, but he makes the taunting too much fun.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, Wally Pryor said:

I've little doubt that Mahomes will play.   I'm more concerned about his toe issue.   No one is talking about it but post-(toe) injury yesterday his accuracy suffered.  Not exactly sure what the exact injury but it was / could be a factor. 

Mahomes toe injury looked a hellva like turf toe. For an average joe that injury is a good month. My middle schooler just recovered from the same injury, but basketball and that took six weeks. She did play on it though. We got real good at sprained toe taping. 

11 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Mahomes toe injury looked a hellva like turf toe. For an average joe that injury is a good month. My middle schooler just recovered from the same injury, but basketball and that took six weeks. She did play on it though. We got real good at sprained toe taping. 

He got stepped on. 

Good call on turf toe. Saw report that Mahomet is not 100% today. He has turf toe.

1 hour ago, TexasGrunt said:
On 1/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, SA-KC_Horn said:

Good call on turf toe. Saw report that Mahomet is not 100% today. He has turf toe.

Yes, good call.   Rappaport reporting turf toe.

Josh Allen used to post on the Surl under the name The Virginian. He would just constantly try to tell us how good he is, but we mostly ignored him. Sonovabitch was right all along. 
The improvements he has made from year to year since being drafted is incredible. Even just just last year when he was in the playoffs against Houston, he did not look that good at all. Could not make the throws needed to seal that win and blew the game. Tall order to go up against Mahomes on the road

Buffalo's old  fans deserve to see their team win a ring, watching your team lose a Super Bowl just sucks to hell. I saw the Cowboys lose 3 in the '70s but we won 2,  those poor fuckers saw 4 Super bowl losses in a row. for fuck's sake, I can't imagine.
Minnesota fans are similar. Lost of them and then never got back. They have been close but lost in the NFC championship 3 times in a 20 year span.