Anime watchers out there?

cdain3

On 1/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, cdain3 said:

Attack on Titan final season so fargiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd75bd0vqg700x8jscpp23nypa9w549my7csm5affhk&rid=giphy.gif

Absofuckinglutely.  And the non Manga readers that started this season were like "WTF  is going on? Where's Eren and Levi and shit", lulz.

But I'm a bit concerned.  This season is only supposed to have 16 episodes I've read...broken up into two 8 episode blocks.  The first half is absolutely perfectly paced based on the Manga and where they're at.

My issue is that the last 8 episodes would have to encompass everything that happened after this battle...and to be honest, that story arch is twice as long as this one, and isn't even done yet(the Manga is supposed to be ending in April...probably well before the 2nd half of this season airs, so that makes sense).  

So I'm guessing they're about to cut a TON out of the final arc to make it fit in 8 episodes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, Drew said:

Absofuckinglutely.  And the non Manga readers that started this season were like "WTF  is going on? Where's Eren and Levi and shit", lulz.

But I'm a bit concerned.  This season is only supposed to have 16 episodes I've read...broken up into two 8 episode blocks.  The first half is absolutely perfectly paced based on the Manga and where they're at.

My issue is that the last 8 episodes would have to encompass everything that happened after this battle...and to be honest, that story arch is twice as long as this one, and isn't even done yet(the Manga is supposed to be ending in April...probably well before the 2nd half of this season airs, so that makes sense).  

So I'm guessing they're about to cut a TON out of the final arc to make it fit in 8 episodes.

Nm

Edited by workswithseed

So Attack on Titan is a rollercoaster man.  So much going on...such a well thought out show. You can tell the creator had an idea of where he was going from the start.

I have Demon Slayer on my Netflix list...haven't pulled the trigger yet.  Probably need to.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished Demon Slayer.  Yep, that' good. Real Good.

The Slow burn of Attack on Titan Weekly is almost unbearable.  There's only 5 episodes left and SOOO much to cover.  Don't know how they're going to do it, but so far they've been really good at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Finally finished Demon Slayer.  Yep, that' good. Real Good.

The Slow burn of Attack on Titan Weekly is almost unbearable.  There's only 5 episodes left and SOOO much to cover.  Don't know how they're going to do it, but so far they've been really good at it.

They are going at about a 1 chapter per episode clip the last 3 weeks. They have to do a part 2. There's 30 more chapters they have to cover.

Super skeptical on how AoT’s manga is gonna wrap up, which is unfortunate considering it’s G.O.A.T. tier stuff through the Marley Invasion. Demon Slayer‘s season was fantastic and I’m about to binge JoJo’s BA: Golden Wind over the next week.

Also watched Mob Psycho 1000 all the way through earlier this year and would recommend to anybody.

4 hours ago, Bodowned said:

Super skeptical on how AoT’s manga is gonna wrap up, which is unfortunate considering it’s G.O.A.T. tier stuff through the Marley Invasion. Demon Slayer‘s season was fantastic and I’m about to binge JoJo’s BA: Golden Wind over the next week.

Also watched Mob Psycho 1000 all the way through earlier this year and would recommend to anybody.

As to late this year? 

We have the poors, so we have to wait to be caught up on AoT on Crunchyroll. The last episode (for us) was kinda all over the place. 

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

As to late this year? 

We have the poors, so we have to wait to be caught up on AoT on Crunchyroll. The last episode (for us) was kinda all over the place. 

Yeah, I think you’re gonna experience something similar through the end of the season. I’ve been reading the manga/watching the anime for 4-5 years now and the go-forward plot for Season 4 (whether it’s a split season or not) is a bit confusing and aimless at times. Gonna ride it through, though!

19 hours ago, sccane92 said:

They are going at about a 1 chapter per episode clip the last 3 weeks. They have to do a part 2. There's 30 more chapters they have to cover.

Man I've read 16 episodes.  That's it.  the last 2 episodes covered quite bit.  I expect the next 2 chapters to jump to overdrive and cover too much to quick.  Worried we might get a GOT ending(rushed, nonsensical).  But I trust the AoT people.

14 hours ago, workswithseed said:

As to late this year? 

You can find the current episode, without commercials like on Crunchy Roll or Hulu(the other streaming service for it) pretty easily if you want.

7 hours ago, Bodowned said:

Yeah, I think you’re gonna experience something similar through the end of the season. I’ve been reading the manga/watching the anime for 4-5 years now and the go-forward plot for Season 4 (whether it’s a split season or not) is a bit confusing and aimless at times. Gonna ride it through, though!

Yeah maybe they'll cut some of the fluff out, and just streamline it.  Like I said, we'll know the ending of the show before the ending of Manga...and that kind of sucks.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Man I've read 16 episodes.  That's it.  the last 2 episodes covered quite bit.  I expect the next 2 chapters to jump to overdrive and cover too much to quick.  Worried we might get a GOT ending(rushed, nonsensical).  But I trust the AoT people.

You can find the current episode, without commercials like on Crunchy Roll or Hulu(the other streaming service for it) pretty easily if you want.

Yeah maybe they'll cut some of the fluff out, and just streamline it.  Like I said, we'll know the ending of the show before the ending of Manga...and that kind of sucks.

I guess, but we have it all connected to the ps4 and I am kinda okay with it. 

On 2/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, Drew said:

They say that the season finale title was leaked online yesterday. The title corresponds to chapter 116 in the magna. The end of that chapter ends in a cliff hanger. The magna will end on chapter 139 in April. And like you, I've haven't heard anything about a part 2 either.

Edited by sccane92

So @sccane92according to the episode guide, the final episode is March 29th.  At least a full week before the English Translation is out on the Dark Web.  I'm assuming the Japanese translation will have been out by then.

I don't know how it airs in Japan, if they air the episodes before Crunchy Roll and the like does here, so it's interesting if the ending will be leaked on reddit for the Manga/Anime before we know.

I'm with you though...I just don't know how they cram about 20 chapters into 5 episodes without cutting a bunch.

Edit: actually it looks like the Japanese air date is 3/29.  Ours will be a week later.  So chances are we'll know the ending of the Manga before the last episode.  Excellent.   Still have my reservations though.  TONS to get through in 5 episodes.

Keep in mind that I recently re-watched DB Super (English sub this time),  so my tastes may be questionable. Black Clover is good. Filler episodes are rare. The story is tight and in-fight dialoguing is reasonable. It's more fun than thought-provoking. The English dub only gets you the first sixty eps or so. The remaining 105 eps are subbed.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, cdain3 said:
On 2/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, MoJames said:
It's Fairy Tale or similar redux

It's much better than Fairy Tale lol. It's basically Naruto but with magic.

To each their own lol. It's all the same to me after a while with the kid who doesn't have any powers or they are undeveloped and he has to go with his band of friends to improve them where no one ever dies and often the enemy becomes a friend.

I always compare any anime in this world to Full Metal. The only one that has blown me away over the past 10 years is Attack.  

• 2 weeks later...

Also saw the Demon Slayer movie on Friday and it was fantastic. Some breathtaking visuals — they managed to elevate the already excellent animation from the TV series.

Would recommend Jujutsu Kaisen to anyone who hasn’t started it. Animation is near on par with Demon Slayer and it’s a superior Shonen overall, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Started as a kid with Dragonball Z and then later my older brother got me into subbed anime with Naruto and Bleach. Can't wait for Bleach to return for the final arc.

Jujutsu Kaisen, Seven Deadly Sins, and AoT are on my list, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I watch Boruto when I have time, mostly because of Naruto nostalgia, but it's ok in it's own right. Big fan of My Hero Academia and I can watch Demon Slayer on repeat.

Friend of mine says that Fire Force is a really good one that's out right now and comes highly recommended.

Started as a kid with Dragonball Z and then later my older brother got me into subbed anime with Naruto and Bleach. Can't wait for Bleach to return for the final arc.
Jujutsu Kaisen, Seven Deadly Sins, and AoT are on my list, but haven't gotten to it yet.
I watch Boruto when I have time, mostly because of Naruto nostalgia, but it's ok in it's own right. Big fan of My Hero Academia and I can watch Demon Slayer on repeat.
Friend of mine says that Fire Force is a really good one that's out right now and comes highly recommended.
Jujutsu Kaisen is a must watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 years later...

Necro bump.

Newcomer to anime at almost 40. Before this past year, the closest I had ever come was the Castlevania series on Netflix. Have started off with what seem to be 3 of the all-time greats. Glad that I waited until now to start the following, as it would have been brutal to wait 2-3 years between seasons:

Have watched all episodes of Demon Slayer that have been released. Loved it. Wish there were 100 more episodes already released. 

Caught up to all Jujutsu Kaisen episodes that have been released, with the exception of this past Thursday's. If Demon Slayer is ranked 1A, then JK is a very close 1B for me. 

Just started Season 2 of Attack on Titan. Took a little get into, but got hooked after a few. Glad to see I have something like 60 more episodes remaining. Spoiled some of what's to come by reading character bios trying to remember everyone's name. Looks like it gets incredibly complex.