Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

Good god man, Houston was 4-12.   The beat the Jags (2x) the Pats, and the Lions.   A Top-8 QB has to pull out a few more wins than that.
Here are the QB in the playoffs in more or less order:
  1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky
You're really going to 'easily' slot Watson in at 8?   Really?

You also think Eli manning is a better qb than Dan Marino too because of SB wins. Because, you know, qbs win games.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:
37 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:
Good god man, Houston was 4-12.   The beat the Jags (2x) the Pats, and the Lions.   A Top-8 QB has to pull out a few more wins than that.
  1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

You also think Eli manning is a better qb than Dan Marino too because of SB wins. Because, you know, qbs win games.

Watson is like 25 years old.  Don’t pretend that doesn’t matter.

55 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

If each of those qbs was offered in a trade straight up for Watson after he asked out but before the massage stuff broke the Texans would turn down every single guy that’s not #2-#5 without even having a meeting. 

Edited by UncleSonny

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If each of those qbs was offered in a trade straight up for Watson after he asked out but before the massage stuff broke broke the Texans would turn down every single guy that’s not #2-#5 without even having a meeting. 

They would turn down Brady too because he’s 42 years old.maybe Rogers as well, but there’s more meat left on that bone than Brady.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

They would turn down Brady too because he’s 42 years old.maybe Rogers as well, but there’s more meat left on that bone than Brady.

Yeah that’s why I started at #2 and not #1. Brady provides no value for a team in Houston’s position. 

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

He's 28-25, with 10 and 11 win seasons, plus 1-2 in the playoffs. And doing that with an organization that has surpassed Cleveland as the worst run. That's a top flight winning QB. He's better than your 8-13 while playing in Houston. And he beat your #4 in the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man... we have new guys coming in now to debate he isn't a top 5 QB. 

He led the league in passing throwing to practice squad receivers down the stretch. With zero threat out of the backfield and a shitty OLine. If you ignore TDs - his passing stats were basically identical to Rodgers last year and Rodgers won MVP. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just pretending these issues don't exist, I'd say the 2020 season PFF ranking of Watson as the #3 QB might be a tad high, but not too much.  I think he's a Top 5 talent as a QB, and I do believe most GMs in the NFL would rate him somewhere in that range.  Given his age and upside, he would be an incredibly valuable commodity for trade value...but all that's kind of moot, the guy obviously has other issues right now.  

Edited by UTDD

On the field? Yeah, Watson is a top ten talent easily, and a compelling argument for inside the top 5.  The Texans roster is seriously bad, I don’t know how we are even arguing that he’s not top 8.  If a team has all the pieces and is in win right now mode, then maybe Rodgers or Brady ahead of him.  

Hardin is desperately seeking a name of an accuser who they can show is lying or who they can frame as a less than sympathetic victim (shitty thing to do but it’s coming for sure).  They already tried with the first public accuser and it really blew up in their faces.   But they want one and then they want to talk about only that and hope you forget the rest.

I think it’s time to move past “presumption of innocence” in these CIVIL cases. Come on, the overwhelming evidence of seriously creepy and predatory behavior is out there and his team isn’t even denying the bulk of it.  They are basically ask8 g us to believe that yeah, it all happened but at the moment he whipped it out during his “massages”, all 22 were into it. Come on.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

I think he is ~ 8 and that the issue is that he doesn't fit easily in a slot.

His game is less traditional and more of a sling it around, roll it out, dump it here / dump it there kind.

That's the rub here.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wondering why they chose Plaintiff 7 as the test. Guessing they put some pieces together and think they can either poke holes in that story or go after her character.  I’ll be interested to see if the plaintiff drops it or moves ahead and releases her name. 

9 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

He's 28-25, with 10 and 11 win seasons, plus 1-2 in the playoffs. And doing that with an organization that has surpassed Cleveland as the worst run. That's a top flight winning QB. He's better than your 8-13 while playing in Houston. And he beat your #4 in the playoffs.

And Nick Foles beat Tom Brady in the super bowl.

39 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wondering why they chose Plaintiff 7 as the test. Guessing they put some pieces together and think they can either poke holes in that story or go after her character.  I’ll be interested to see if the plaintiff drops it or moves ahead and releases her name. 

Because that’s the one who allegedly attempted extortion through a middle man, right? It does make all the cases tougher if the make an example out the first one they examine, or at least it slows down the snowball of negative publicity towards Deshaun. 

Mahomes is the easy #1 whether you were trying to win this year or build a team to compete over the next 5-10 years. 

Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson you’d also take to win now over Watson. Wilson for the next few years, but not as long term as Mahomes or Watson.

Who are the other top 5-8 QBs, especially if the goal is beyond the next 1-2 seasons? Dak? Lamar Jackson? Josh Allen? Baker Mayfield? Kyler Murray? I don’t think anyone take one of those guys before pre-massage Watson. To me, Deshaun is no worse than #5 for win now, and not worse than #3 for win long term. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So is Rusty admitting Watson is in violation of the Mann act? Or solicitation? Or both? The DM’s Buzbee keeps saying he will share may be somewhat critical here. Especially, the accounts of the alleged victims who ceased communication with Watson after their initial appointment. I mean if it’s consensual you’d think the women would want to meet with him again. For more visits? 

I bet his GF is having a day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

No. Perhaps close to Top 5 by default only. There are 7-8 I’d take ahead of him and maybe Dak.

Go ahead and list those 7 or 8, please.

Also, is there a clinical term for what's wrong with your brain?  Because I don't want to make fun of a cripple.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

You do understand that there will be many more NFL seasons after the last one, right?

Edited by TexArcher

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Deshaun needs johnnie Cochran not a aggy. He’s fucked.

Rusty Hardin isn't an Aggie, the guy representing the accusers is. 

If Watson goes down I don't think it will be because he didn't hire a good enough attorney. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Rusty also said just now they intend to take all 22 suits/cases to trial. Ummmm ok.

I'm just glad Prince Philip and DMX didn't have to see the massage world go off the rails like this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

The sad thing is that most of the Texans fans on this thread would have willingly given Deshaun a hand job for free. This could have all been avoided. 

No shit the guy is a fucking millionaire and could get grade a pussy anytime then does this? I mean those are surly fat guy moves when we go to massage envy but Not deshaun. I definitely am walking taller today knowing I have more game than a nfl star qb.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

Money, fame, athleticism. None of that... means you have game. 
It’s like I’m the only one who has heard of @Uncle Boobs

Eh.  You don't need game if you're an NFL QB who doesn't look like Quasimoto.  This is something else.  Not all rapists are thirsty ugly dudes that can't get laid normally.  This is about power and control

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Money, fame and athleticism is the game usually. He must have a small pee pee. 

It's not hard to get laid in general, but it's probably a bit trickier when you are in the public eye like that and you have a girlfriend.

I can see why he did it, but he probably ran through some that know each other. 

Game isn't dependent on the size of your pp.

56 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's not hard to get laid in general, but it's probably a bit trickier when you are in the public eye like that and you have a girlfriend.

I can see why he did it, but he probably ran through some that know each other. 

Game isn't dependent on the size of your pp.

Small pee pee confirmed.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Watson has gone from a straight denial, to well it was consensual. Whenever your story starts to change, it's because you are lying. I know there is an affinity towards Hardin on this thread, but he's getting his ass handed to him right now.

I'm not one to defend Watson, but did he ever say NOTHING  happened?  I don't remember that.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Eh.  You don't need game if you're an NFL QB who doesn't look like Quasimoto.  This is something else.  Not all rapists are thirsty ugly dudes that can't get laid normally.  This is about power and control

Is Watson a real successful Ted Bundy starter kit?