Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Those NDA’s, if all women who came forward signed one, will likely be what saves Watson. I suppose it all depends on how they were written though. Maybe @TwiceHorn could opine. 

I really don't have a feel for how NDAs are enforced outside of the commercial, trade secrets arena.

If it covers up a crime, I think public policy demands that the NDA yield for that purpose. 

If it only covers up a civil wrong, as part of a settlement of the injuries for that wrong, I don't know where it shakes out.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I really don't have a feel for how NDAs are enforced outside of the commercial, trade secrets arena.

If it covers up a crime, I think public policy demands that the NDA yield for that purpose. 

If it only covers up a civil wrong, as part of a settlement of the injuries for that wrong, I don't know where it shakes out.

What if the NDA also had a consent form attached? Or something of that sort? There is too much not in the publics hand to formulate an opinion of much right now for either side except for what Buzbee has given which makes Watson look absolutely horrible. 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The Texans not cutting him already is an interesting thing to note. 

I guess they are just waiting it out? See if criminal charges are filed? Could they have traded him before 3/16/2021 before the news broke? If they had would that team have voided the trade? 

Unless he forced a blow job, he will play again. 

He is not halfway between Louis CK and Cosby. What Louis CK did <<<<<< Cosby. It's like comparing a mugger to a murderer, and the allegations against Watson are far closer to mugging than murder. 

These still are allegations, and legal experts are starting to question Buzbee's methods in putting together this huge case. They don't seem to gibe with what he put out there earlier. 

On Tuesday, March 16, Buzbee announced on Instagram that he had filed a lawsuit against Watson.

The suit alleged that Watson repeatedly directed the woman who filed the suit to massage his groin area and eventually moved his body so his penis touched her hand.

“It became apparent that Watson wanted a massage for only one reason — sex,” the lawsuit read.

By the end of that week, a total of seven lawsuits had been filed. And Buzbee promised more.

They came quickly. On Monday, March 22, Buzbee filed seven more lawsuits, bringing the total to 14. The following day brought two more. By Monday, March 29, 19 lawsuits had been filed. It eventually climbed to 23, though one woman decided to drop her suit, citing safety and privacy concerns.

Buzbee’s tactic — to file lawsuits every couple of days to keep the public engaged in the story — is something [Houston trial attorney Steve] Shellist hasn’t seen in Texas in his two decades of practicing law.

“I’ve represented other cases before, people and businesses, that could be considered high profile and generally I’ve always felt it’s not in the clients best interest for it to make it in front of the media — whichever side it is on,” Shellist said.

In a typical civil case without a lot of public notice, Shellist said, the public wouldn’t even know it was happening. Both attorneys would start their discovery process — where each party investigates the facts by obtaining evidence such as surveillance footage, text messages and phone and social media records — over six months or so.

They would then conduct depositions — question-and-answer sessions with witnesses under oath — in private and eventually it would either go to trial or there would be a settlement.

The Watson case has played out differently.

From the beginning, Buzbee could have been trying to get additional victims to come forward, Shellist said, and used the publicity to show them they were not alone. But he also could have been trying to get more clients in the future, Shellist added.

“It gives him more spotlight, it gives him more attention, it brings more cases his way whether they’re related to this or not,” Shellist said.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Watson is totally fucked. Mike Vick comparison is bad because it was in a different time. I cannot see Watson ever playing again. 

I’ll bet $5K to your $1K that DeShaun Watson takes another snap in the NFL during a regular season game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Those NDA’s, if all women who came forward signed one, will likely be what saves Watson. I suppose it all depends on how they were written though. Maybe @TwiceHorn could opine. 

innocent or guilty I have no idea

but do you really think that someone that is a big enough dumb fuck to get himself in a situation like this is remotely intelligent enough to write a proper NDA that has any meaning at all?.......do you really think he would be smart enough to ask an attorney to write one for him?......and if he managed to fund some dumb fuck with a law degree hanging on their wall and that passed the bar (somehow) that would actually listen to what he is wanting to do and write a NDA for that do you really think they would have the brain power or intelligence to write a NDA properly?.......much less not looking at him and shaking their head and telling him he is a fucking moron if he is going to run 20 or 30 different rando "massage therapist" through his hotel room and he wants to make sure none of them "talk".....and then telling him that if he is really going to do that he needs to find another fucking attorney because there is no way he is going to be drug into court to try and argue the validity of that NDA he wrote for total stupidity or get sued when that NDA totally fails 

one of his dumb asses in his "posse" downloaded some shit off of legalzoom and probably edited a few parts of it and told him he was good to go if he got that signed

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I was being facetious. 
With regards to playing again, my guess is that he doesn’t play for a year, likely imposed by the league unless there are criminal convictions which prevent him from playing.  After a brief hiatus, he declares that he’s a changed man, has sought counseling, yada yada yada.  The leagues says that he’s paid his debt to society and the court of public opinion and he plays many more years. Just a guess but this scenario seems likely IMO.  My guess is he plays in 2022.

the nfl is so fucked up with regards to right and wrong they probably let Watson open up his own massage parlor as a sign that he’s making amends to people he hurt. Every time that pile of shit mixon gets a carry a little bit of me hopes he breaks something. That got pretty dark lol 

but do you really think that someone that is a big enough dumb fuck to get himself in a situation like this is remotely intelligent enough to write a proper NDA that has any meaning at all?.......do you really think he would be smart enough to ask an attorney to write one for him?......and if he managed to fund some dumb fuck with a law degree hanging on their wall and that passed the bar (somehow) that would actually listen to what he is wanting to do and write a NDA for that do you really think they would have the brain power or intelligence to write a NDA properly?.......much less not looking at him and shaking their head and telling him he is a fucking moron if he is going to run 20 or 30 different rando "massage therapist" through his hotel room and he wants to make sure none of them "talk".....and then telling him that if he is really going to do that he needs to find another fucking attorney because there is no way he is going to be drug into court to try and argue the validity of that NDA he wrote for total stupidity or get sued when that NDA totally fails 
one of his dumb asses in his "posse" downloaded some shit off of legalzoom and probably edited a few parts of it and told him he was good to go if he got that signed
DW seems cheap. He would probably just downloaded his NDA off LegalZoom.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

Watson will absolutely play again. Paying out and having Rusty run damage control is more than enough to earn forgiveness from the NFL, and it’s fans. 

Standing by my prediction that NE scoops him off the trash heap, and I think it’s part of the reason Cam got one more year.

On 4/16/2021 at 6:03 PM, Ignatius said:

I’ll bet $5K to your $1K that DeShaun Watson takes another snap in the NFL during a regular season game.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

I can’t see it in today’s current climate and there’s way too many allegations. I also don’t care enough to bet anything, so no thanks. 

Even by Dr. Beeper standards this is fucking moronic. I'll let you come fuck me in the ass and cut out one of my kidneys if Deshaun never plays again and I'd give that to you in writing. 

We're talking about, what, one of the best 20 players in the most valuable sports league in the WORLD who's 25 years old and has no prior history of any of this stuff? C'mon. I don't care how woke you think this country is - that man will be under center again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Even by Dr. Beeper standards this is fucking moronic. I'll let you come fuck me in the ass and cut out one of my kidneys if Deshaun never plays again and I'd give that to you in writing. 

We're talking about, what, one of the best 20 players in the most valuable sports league in the WORLD who's 25 years old and has no prior history of any of this stuff? C'mon. I don't care how woke you think this country is - that man will be under center again. 

I hate to do this to you, but I'll cut your fucking kidney out myself if someone takes the bet. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Jfc what's wrong with a simple public fisting.  That usually suffices to make your point.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Hardin is a much better lawyer than aggy Buzbee.  Houston has more trailer house massage parlors than Singapore.  Nobody gives a shit, but Watson will not make any money on the Campbell Soup ad market.  If the Harris County DA gets involved then I am an idiot.  

To be fair, we don’t have that many here in Singapore now. 

On 4/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, ButtFumble said:

NDAs are not enforceable if contracted activities are illegal, which a lot of this allegedly is. And it’s also not going to be enforceable if the contract is just something like “you agree not to tell anyone about giving me this massage” and then you surprise the masseuse with your junk. 

For your ass' sake, put some parameters on that bet. I'd hate for you to get fucked because Deshaun ends up in a coma.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

This thread took a definite turn.   

It’s surly. I mean if people aren’t trying to get pegged or ram something up their asses or threatening to ram something up someone else’s ass it’s a slow posting day. In this case @ztejas is offering up his own ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, Nicole44 said:

I guess they are just waiting it out? See if criminal charges are filed? Could they have traded him before 3/16/2021 before the news broke? If they had would that team have voided the trade? 

Trades this year weren't official until the 17th, so a team could back out any time before that.  The possibility that the guy they're trading a bunch of picks for is a rapist and may eventually be going to prison would probably do it, but I suppose they could roll the dice. 

I'm not sure about NFL policies or player's association..stuff...on that type of thing either though, so there might be something there to void the trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s surly. I mean if people aren’t trying to get pegged or ram something up their asses or threatening to ram something up someone else’s ass it’s a slow posting day. In this case @ztejas is offering up his own ass. 

So where do you stand on pegging???  Asking for Nowthis.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 8:28 PM, ztejas said:

No offense, I don’t know you but like you as a poster, but..... in what fucking world would getting to fuck you in the ass be consider the “prize” for winning a bet..... a prize sooo valuable that Dr Beeper should be comforted that you are willing to put that offer in writing, lest you Welch on the bet.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

No offense, I don’t know you but like you as a poster, but..... in what fucking world would getting to fuck you in the ass be consider the “prize” for winning a bet..... a prize sooo valuable that Dr Beeper should be comforted that you are willing to put that offer in writing, lest you Welch on the bet.....

Have you seen his ass???

leonard nimoy dat ass GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2