Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

No shit. Astros scandal, oilers fucking choke jobs and how this. I’d ask the sports gods to give us a break but we have clearly done something really bad. 

It’s just cyclical. Look at fucking Waco. Some of the kryptonite happening to Houston will eventually land in Dallas. They have been way too quiet lately.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

100%. There is nothing in this story that will prevent him from playing. You can beat the shit out women and easily still play. Murder people and still be the face of the league for over a decade. Rape women and still play.

Ray Rice agrees.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Ray Rice agrees.

Ray Rice played a very expendable position and was not in his prime. Watson plays QB and is one of the best in the league. Not even close to the same comparison. Ray Rice also sued for back pay. He became blackballed and was not worth the trouble i.e. Kaepernick. These owners don't give a shit what a player does off the field if he still has talent. 

For your Ray Rice, you can name shit tons who came back with no issues. Watson will be one of them. Hell, there still hasn't been anything criminally damning in this whole ordeal. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ray Rice played a very expendable position and was not in his prime. Watson plays QB and is one of the best in the league. Not even close to the same comparison. Ray Rice also sued for back pay. He became blackballed and was not worth the trouble i.e. Kaepernick. These owners don't give a shit what a player does off the field if he still has talent. 

For your Ray Rice, you can name shit tons who came back with no issues. Watson will be one of them. Hell, there still hasn't been anything criminally damning in this whole ordeal. 

Other than 2 accounts of sexual assault via coerced oral sex.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watson likely still has a career in front of him but his trade value is plummeting, he's facing suspension from the league, and he has a mounting PR disaster from this.  His endorsements are probably going to leave him and be muted to non-existent in the short-term unless he can show these are all fraudulent allegations and a huge conspiracy against him.  His football career may be interrupted however with suspension, just depends on how what happens and how quickly this can all go away.

45 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No shit. Astros scandal, oilers fucking choke jobs and how this. I’d ask the sports gods to give us a break but we have clearly done something really bad. 

Surely you can take solace in the Rockets. They’re constantly a contender and I like the cut of that Harden fellow’s jib

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Texans won the division and a playoff game two seasons ago. Astros went to the World Series two seasons ago, came within a game last year, and they’re clearly going to be good again this year. Rockets won their division last year and a playoff series. Yes, Rockets and Texans are bad right now, but let’s not get carried away. Rockets could remedy quickly with the right (tanked) draft pick this summer.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Texans won the division and a playoff game two seasons ago. Astros went to the World Series two seasons ago, came within a game last year, and they’re clearly going to be good again this year. Rockets won their division last year and a playoff series. Yes, Rockets and Texans are bad right now, but let’s not get carried away. Rockets could remedy quickly with the right (tanked) draft pick this summer.

Just let me bitch man.. ok?..

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re wrong. See Antonio Brown. Brown was and still is so much better at his position than Watson, who’s been massively overrated. Watson is about what Dak has been. Good young QB for teams they cannot carry. Both bottom of Top 10 in the league. 

Not to mention the me too era. He may, but as of right now it is hard to see how Watson recovers from this. 

I agree, Watson is overrated.

50 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re wrong. See Antonio Brown. Brown was and still is so much better at his position than Watson, who’s been massively overrated. Watson is about what Dak has been. Good young QB for teams they cannot carry. Both bottom of Top 10 in the league. 

Not to mention the me too era. He may, but as of right now it is hard to see how Watson recovers from this. 

drugsarewack.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

You use Antonio Brown as an example but he's still playing and just got a Super Bowl ring. Thanks for proving my point. Watson is not even close to being done.

It's much harder to find a good QB than a good WR. Look at how many spare QBs stick around just because they have an ounce of talent.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You can’t write a worse scenario than this when you had the opportunity to trade him for first round picks and opt to wait a little bit. Then this breaks. I don’t know of any other city as sports cursed as Houston. Good lord.

I actually think the Texans knew about this months ago, way before the trade demand.  The Texans hiring Caserio and Culley without buy-in from Watson, and some of the other strangeness around the coaching search, make a lot more sense if Cal and Easterby knew this thing was going to blow up during the off-season.  Once they knew about the scandal, you can't really trade him.  It would open you up to massive sanctions by the NFL if you were to not disclose it, and if you did disclosed it there's a good chance that the NFL blocks the trade.  If they knew, and it makes too much sense that they did, you just can't trade him away and screw his next team.  

• Like 3

DeShaun needs to settle this lawsuits, have a press conference and be very contrite, and check himself into some sort of “therapy”. At this point it may be his only chance at playing in 2022. I don’t think he sees the field in 2021.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Watson will definitely play again if he isn't charged criminally.  If he is charged, he may be done.  The world is a much different place than it was 5 years ago.

Roethlisberger was suspended 4 games for the 2010 incident and wasn't charged criminally.  Kobe "Jesus" Bryant wasn't suspended at all despite being charged criminally and paying his accuser $2.5 million.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

tilman_fertitta.jpg

woah woah woah hold your horses

The Rockets fired Morey remember? They aren't going to get any good FA signings for a LONG time. No superteam = no championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

Christ, Watson is not over-rated. On a trainwreck of a team that dealt with WR injuries all year and went through a coaching change midseason he put up:

image.thumb.png.ca3ff7e7da8abd5ee1f64274a225dc60.png

He's not a stats on a bad team guy either, he can absolutely carry a team to wins and has. He's won the division 2 out of his 4 seasons in the league on teams coached by BOB for fuck sake. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Christ, Watson is not over-rated. On a trainwreck of a team that dealt with WR injuries all year and went through a coaching change midseason he put up:

image.thumb.png.ca3ff7e7da8abd5ee1f64274a225dc60.png

He's not a stats on a bad team guy either, he can absolutely carry a team to wins and has. He's won the division 2 out of his 4 seasons in the league on teams coached by BOB for fuck sake. 

Don't engage the idiot/s. Anyone who pays attention knows he's a dude on the field. 

This thread is about what kind of dude he is while getting massages.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Hate said:

DeShaun needs to settle this lawsuits, have a press conference and be very contrite, and check himself into some sort of “therapy”. At this point it may be his only chance at playing in 2022. I don’t think he sees the field in 2021.

That would be a decent strategy, if they only knew there’s not another wave of chicas coming in with more civil and criminal lawsuits. 
I’m curious which amount is larger... the money lost on criminal and/or civil lawsuits, his attorney fees, current NFL contract monies or loss of current endorsement deals...

Culo play is serious and expensive bidness

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No. Perhaps close to Top 5 by default only. There are 7-8 I’d take ahead of him and maybe Dak. 

So he isn't close to being a top 5 QB, but you would only take about 7 guys ahead of him. And maybe he is close to being top 5 by default. 

Jesus Fucking Christ - you are dismissed. Just go. 

• Hook 'Em 4

At least Hardin got his emergency hearing. They seem intent on focusing on the identity of just one accuser in particular. They deserve to have all the names. But it seems they believe that Jane Doe 3 is then one who tried to shake Watson down for money before these suits were filed and Buzbee came forward. Naturally, her story is the most damning. I think they feel like if the can discredit one of the accusers as being a POS then it will discredit all of them. Not sure that will work now. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I think they feel like if the can discredit one of the accusers as being a POS then it will discredit all of them.

Interesting that you would refer to one of the women as a POS but never the guy that has 20+ accounts of sexual harassment/assault against him.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Interesting that you would refer to one of the women as a POS but never the guy that has 20+ accounts of sexual harassment/assault against him.

Oh most definitely Watson is a POS if the allegations are true. He is still entitled to the presumption of innocence. The women are not POS unless they are lying. I was grasping for words. Wrong choice. I just mean that Hardin has mentioned a couple of times that they believe one of the accusers to be a woman who he says tried to shake Watson down for cash/or was extorting him. People tend to see women who do this as POS’s or whatever. They believe if they can show that one of the accuser is this woman that somehow this will change the publication perception of all of the accusers. I don’t think this strategy will work ultimately. Jmo. I’ve been pretty consistent in my posts on this. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

QB play in the NFL is at a low point. Brees and Ben and Rivers are gone. Top 8 isn’t what it was. There is a big difference between the Top 5 and others. Watson isn’t there despite Houston’s insistence that he is. 

Your take rubs me the wrong way.

Watson is easily 8. Hell, it's wouldn't be that hard for him to be 6.

Very few qb's in the league carry the kind of load that he does.

Your post is one of stiff opposition to Watson and the Texans in general.

Regardless, he'll end up with his release and the Texans will be left cleaning up the mess.

But for you, I guess that's a happy ending.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Carry the load to the tune of 4-12 whilst racking up garbage time stats?  I’m impressed with his talent but whomever said he’d be the 2nd QB GMs would build a franchise around behind Mahomes - that person is smoking crack. He’s not that good. 

So you again doubled down on your terrible take while double posting all while the joke flies over your head. Rough stretch there for you.  

17 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Your take rubs me the wrong way.

Watson is easily 8. Hell, it's wouldn't be that hard for him to be 6.

Very few qb's in the league carry the kind of load that he does.

Your post is one of stiff opposition to Watson and the Texans in general.

Regardless, he'll end up with his release and the Texans will be left cleaning up the mess.

But for you, I guess that's a happy ending.

Good god man, Houston was 4-12.   The beat the Jags (2x) the Pats, and the Lions.   A Top-8 QB has to pull out a few more wins than that.

Here are the QB in the playoffs in more or less order:

1. Brady
  2. Mahomes
  3. Rogers
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson
  6. Mayfield
  7. Brees
  8. Jaskson
  9. Rotethlisberger
  10. Rivers
  11. Tannehill
  12. Goff
  13. Trubisky

You're really going to 'easily' slot Watson in at 8?   Really?

• Hook 'Em 1

You switch out any of those QB's with Watson and they still make the playoffs, if not do better (Bucs and Chiefs excluded). The Texans have one of the worst 4 or 5 rosters in the league.  They are really awful.  The only reason they won 4 games and had a chance to win any others was because of Watson...period. 

Edited by Hate