Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Trading after the draft sucks because they are unlikely to get a top 10 pick among their haul, assuming Deshaun is healthy for his new team. Before the draft (and happy ending gate), the Jets, Dolphins, and Panthers would have given up top 10 pick in 2021 as part of their package. We saw what SF gave up for Trey Lance. Now it will be two (three if they are lucky) late first rounders from Philly, Miami, Carolina, or some dark horse like Oakland. 

Teams and media should also remember that Houston is going to end up paying $27M of the $156M contract due to his signing bonus. The receiving team will be getting a superstar QB at a discount. 

No clause for recovery?

I would think if they did that his contract would be void and he would be a free agent.  I'm sure they'd rather try to get something for the only trade asset they have. I could be wrong about the FA thing though.

Edited by Hate

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

No clause for recovery?

If they have grounds to cancel his contract, yes, but as @Hate said it would probably make him a free agent (which may be a scenario Watson would like). If he holds out, then can not pay him, fine him, and try to recoup some of his signing bonus. The worst case is what appears will happen, where Goodell puts him on the exempt list and Deshaun gets paid to sit home and can’t be fined, at least not until he is punished by the league and no longer on the exempt list. 

Even if they only get a couple of second round picks for him it would be something.  Personally, I think a QB with his talents and predicament is still worth a couple of first round picks.  If he can settle these lawsuits and only be suspended for 6-8 games, I could see a team like Carolina or Pittsburgh making a move for him.  Pittsburgh may be a perfect landing place for him with the the great organization they have. 

You're going to be bitterly disappointed then.  He will play again.  It may not be until 2022, but he will play in the NFL.  If he was smart he would be settling these lawsuits immediately.  I'm not condoning his actions, I'm only speaking of what would be best for Watson going forward. The faster he can get this behind him the better.  And I have to assume at this point that there are no criminal charges coming.  HPD has had this long enough to press charges if they were coming, but I readily admit that I am no expert on legal proceedings. 

19 hours ago, Hate said:

I think the feeling is mutual, dipshit. Just settle, take your 6-8 weeks and GTFO. I used to be full homo for DeShaun, but after all the accusations I can’t think of any athlete that I’ve turned on like that. Kawhi Leonard is probably the only one that has had my opinion of them change as much as quickly as this. Fuck Kawhi!

You should @Kermitany time you are hating on Leonard. The hate keeps him warm at night. It’s one of my favorite things on this site- his Leonard hate. Like how astros fans booed Beltran for 15 years. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You should @Kermitany time you are hating on Leonard. The hate keeps him warm at night. It’s one of my favorite things on this site- his Leonard hate. Like how astros fans booed Beltran for 15 years. 

Kawhi Leonard is the type of man who would harass a masseuse into a handjob, but only if his wife and uncle could be present. 

And Hate taught me everything I know about…hating Kawhi. He’s the OG.

Edited by Kermit
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It’ll be be interesting to see how he publicly addresses this which he’ll have to do when the time comes to step into a prominent role with a new team.  Same ol shit I suppose. “I took a class on sensitivity, I’m a changed man, I can’t believe I did those things but I’m all better now, yada yada yada.”  

You're going to be bitterly disappointed then.  He will play again.  It may not be until 2022, but he will play in the NFL.  If he was smart he would be settling these lawsuits immediately.  I'm not condoning his actions, I'm only speaking of what would be best for Watson going forward. The faster he can get this behind him the better.

This is what Roethlisberger did; settled and moved on.

Yeah. With one person. 

If Watson had settled early it probably would’ve just been one person (maybe two), and we likely would’ve never known the full extent of it. Seems like the dam broke when he decided against that.

I heard on the radio that they don't anticipate this being finished until some time in February 2022.  If this case is ongoing and civil rather than criminal, will the NFL suspend him?  I don't see how they can if he hasn't settled or been charged with a crime.  It will be very awkward if he has to show up for camp.  If he holds out, he gets fined.  If he shows up, the Texans either have to send him home and pay him or have him take the field.  He needs to get this settled ASAP.  He is an idiot for being in this position in the first place, but also for having let this drag on for so long. 

14 hours ago, Hate said:

I heard on the radio that they don't anticipate this being finished until some time in February 2022.  If this case is ongoing and civil rather than criminal, will the NFL suspend him?  I don't see how they can if he hasn't settled or been charged with a crime.  It will be very awkward if he has to show up for camp.  If he holds out, he gets fined.  If he shows up, the Texans either have to send him home and pay him or have him take the field.  He needs to get this settled ASAP.  He is an idiot for being in this position in the first place, but also for having let this drag on for so long. 

They fucking better.  The NFL suspended Zeke Elliott for 6 games because of an investigation where no charges were filed and that only involved 1 women.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

They fucking better.  The NFL suspended Zeke Elliott for 6 games because of an investigation where no charges were filed and that only involved 1 women.

Well Zeke allegedly beat and choked his girlfriend multiple times. Columbus PD and other jurisdictions declined to prosecute. But admitted, it was likely violence occurred.

Trying to equate a woman beater with a creeper is not a useful exercise.

Yeah, Zeke got the JJ special. I don’t think it’s any secret that Goodell hates JJ…so do I.

There is no way out of this that doesn’t result in at least a 6 game suspension, unless they go to court and he’s completely acquitted. I don’t see that happening. Hopefully they are close to a settlement and the Texans can at least get a first round pick for him. I said this earlier, but I think in terms of DeShaun’s career Pittsburgh may be the best landing spot for him. They are a stable organization that has at least traversed these waters before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:53 PM, ButtFumble said:

DecisiveDisastrousFirecrest-size_restric

Deshaun should have called these guys......look at that technique I am not sure how the massage would be from them, but it is clear they would have worked that dick like he has never experienced before

His most ardent supporters, just like Houston in general. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:58 PM, Hate said:

Yeah, Zeke got the JJ special. I don’t think it’s any secret that Goodell hates JJ…so do I.

There is no way out of this that doesn’t result in at least a 6 game suspension, unless they go to court and he’s completely acquitted. I don’t see that happening. Hopefully they are close to a settlement and the Texans can at least get a first round pick for him. I said this earlier, but I think in terms of DeShaun’s career Pittsburgh may be the best landing spot for him. They are a stable organization that has at least traversed these waters before.

Yep, plus they have experience at this shit. Big Ben fucking forcibly raped a chick in a bathroom while his buddies stood guard at the door and fuck-all happened to him, so having to deal with your QB rubbing his dick against a chicks arm and politely asking if she’ll jerk him off is childs play….

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While I initially dabbled in the conspiracy that the Texans initiated a private investigation into Watson’s sordid private life, I’m now willing to entertain Watson self-sabotaged to force a trade due to his tainted reputation (not really).

This simulation is the weirdest.

Watson wants to be put on the exempt list so he still gets paid and credit towards his contract, but not be suspended. It wouldn’t surprise me if he and his lawyers manipulated the situation if they thought the Texans weren’t willing to trade him or if other teams weren’t willing to trade for him until the legal mess is done. All of this hurts the team (his trade value) more than it hurts Watson. 

11 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Watson wants to be put on the exempt list so he still gets paid and credit towards his contract, but not be suspended. It wouldn’t surprise me if he and his lawyers manipulated the situation if they thought the Texans weren’t willing to trade him or if other teams weren’t willing to trade for him until the legal mess is done. All of this hurts the team (his trade value) more than it hurts Watson. 

Aside from any trade implications, the Texans probably want him put on the exempt list as well. His presence in camp is a distraction ands detrimental to their efforts fo get one of the other quarterbacks ready for the season. 

Edited by TonyTexas

• 3 weeks later...