The 2021 Tampa Bay Rays thread

shadow_operative

17 minutes ago, APMP said:
40 minutes ago, Fawesome said:
I'll take the 4 spot again. Served me well last season. MIKE TROUT WHAT UP

Why on earth would Trout drop to 4 last year

He was debating opting out of the first few weeks because of his baby being born around the start of the season. I think he ended up missing only 3-4 days. It was a gamble at the time to take him any higher but at 4, I felt it was worth the risk. And then he carried me to a championship. 

3 hours ago, APMP said:
4 hours ago, Fawesome said:
I'll take the 4 spot again. Served me well last season. MIKE TROUT WHAT UP

Why on earth would Trout drop to 4 last year

Because this fuckstick took Bellinger at 3 over stupid COVID related concerns.

Bellinger was the MVP of my title run two years ago, but no fucking excuse. I guess I get another shot at #3 again this year...

Edited by Planet Houston

7 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Because this fuckstick took Bellinger at 3 over stupid COVID related concerns.

Bellinger was the MVP of my title run two years ago, but no fucking excuse. I guess I get another shot at #3 again this year...

yeah and I was torn between Yelich, Soto, and Acuña at 1st overall. went with Yelich.

1 hour ago, APMP said:

AVG and OPS is weird to me but I don't have a ready fix. Total bases might seem weird too.

having obp or slg and then also having ops is weird and redundant.  but avg and ops makes sense to me.

i know many are against wins, but i think qs is going to be a dead issue soon.  there are going to be fewer 6ip+ games this season than we've ever seen before.  at least wins keeps long relief high k guys rosterable.

• Hook 'Em 1

having obp or slg and then also having ops is weird and redundant.  but avg and ops makes sense to me.
i know many are against wins, but i think qs is going to be a dead issue soon.  there are going to be fewer 6ip+ games this season than we've ever seen before.  at least wins keeps long relief high k guys rosterable.
I 100% agree that if you have OPS you should not have either of the individual components as an additional category.

If we want to reward extra base hits then SLG or TB instead of OPS makes sense to me. No idea what is actually supported in the fantasy league stats.

15 minutes ago, APMP said:

I 100% agree that if you have OPS you should not have either of the individual components as an additional category.

If we want to reward extra base hits then SLG or TB instead of OPS makes sense to me. No idea what is actually supported in the fantasy league stats.

but having ops rewards xbh and walks.  that was kinda the point.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

pretty much what i was going to say about wins. i think i got probably 1/3 of my wins last year from relievers, and that could be higher this year. 

I prefer QS but I agree with the point made a few posts ago. Pitchers are being held back more and more each year from being able to hit the qualifying mark to count as a QS.

I would rather get a win from a guy that gives up 1 run in five innings, than not get a QS because he did not qualify. *Wins suck because your reliever can blow save and still get a win.

i'd rather my opponent not get rewarded with a win when his guy goes 5.1 and gives up 7 runs but his offense went off and got him 9 runs of support during his time in the game.  that's my issue with wins, they help soften the blow of a shit performance.
I assume that would also take a flamethrower to his pitching ratios for the week.

i totally get that, i just don't understand why he should get any benefit from it.

i'm aware that i'm on the minority side on this issue and i don't care near as much about it as i used to so i'm fine with whatever the group wants to do.  just making my yearly, "wins suck" argument.