The 2021 Tampa Bay Rays thread

shadow_operative

here is my proposal:

the pool is $1200 ($100 per team).

i'm going to purchase $1200 of btc hopefully around $54k in the next few days.  yes, you can buy fractional shares, and we will own like .022 shares.

when payouts come in late sept, i will sell whatever we have, and that will be the new pot (we'll just keep the same percentages for payouts).

if you do not wish to participate, please let me know when you send me the venmo, and i will make sure your winnings are intact as if this never happened.  i will offer that personal guarantee.

ideally, we turn $1200 into $1400 or something relatively modest, and just have a slightly bigger pot and something fun for everyone to root for.  if btc goes all crazy, then shit, maybe we turn $1200 into $2500.

i will post the screenshot of our purchase when it happens, and update it periodically, so that everyone can be involved. 

**one caveat - as of now, i plan on buying and leaving it alone.  if for whatever reason, good or bad, we want to cash out before october, we can have that discussion. 

does that sound good to everyone?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

yeah i've posted this before, but claiming some of your players as "off limits" is just plain stupid. i've never owned a player who was off limits, and i never will. if someone else in the league really really wants one of my players, i'm not going to come to the thread and make some snarky post about how my players are off limits, i'm going to see what all that guy is willing to give up to get him, especially if he's a starting pitcher who will appear for my team a total of 25-30 times for the entire season, assuming he never gets hurt or suspended. but hey, maybe that's just me. after all, nobody here has won this league more times than i have, so what do i know?

Edited by shadow_operative

just something to think about: you currently have Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer. each one of those guys is worth 2-3 good-great players from another team. for either one of those guys you could probably get, say, a top 20 SP, a top 5 closer, and a top 15 OF; or maybe a top 20 SP, and two top 35-40 overall hitters, many of whom can play multiple positions. so then, why shut down all trade talks before they even begin? is Cole + three other studs not worth more than Cole and Bauer? what if Bauer (or Cole) ends up hurt or suspended? wouldn't it have been a good idea to cash in one of those guys? 

Edited by shadow_operative