The 2021 Tampa Bay Rays thread

shadow_operative

On 5/4/2021 at 5:16 PM, shadow_operative said:

if anyone here wants to make a bunch of money, i'm going to start Hendricks on Sunday vs Pittsburgh. take the Pirates and the over.

im assuming HG put all of our league dues on this game as a two team parlay, and now he have about $3,000 in the pot, yes?

i think half have paid now.

and in a bizarre and fortuitous twist of fate, i had a stoploss sell order set on my purchase (i had done it the first day to try and grab the best pricing) and we sold at $54k over a week ago.

i am buying it back now in pieces, but our entry point will be alot closer to 44k when we're back in.  we have $800 back in now ($44.6k), and i'm going to wait a min to sell a couple things to generate some cash and avoid putting more $ into my acct.

bottom line - the pot won't suffer from this latest crash, and it was entirely accidental.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My team sucks.

Anyone feel free to make a 2-1 position player offer for Bieber or any other pitcher.  I promise to give the offers the attention they deserve.

Oh and Albies.  I have that shitbag too.

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i think half have paid now.

and in a bizarre and fortuitous twist of fate, i had a stoploss sell order set on my purchase (i had done it the first day to try and grab the best pricing) and we sold at $54k over a week ago.

i am buying it back now in pieces, but our entry point will be alot closer to 44k when we're back in.  we have $800 back in now ($44.6k), and i'm going to wait a min to sell a couple things to generate some cash and avoid putting more $ into my acct.

bottom line - the pot won't suffer from this latest crash, and it was entirely accidental.

send me your venmo and i'll pay you today 

1 hour ago, huge said:

My team sucks.

Anyone feel free to make a 2-1 position player offer for Bieber or any other pitcher.  I promise to give the offers the attention they deserve.

Oh and Albies.  I have that shitbag too.

Albies 5-5 today confirmed

Next two offers were better.

Here is something I will say. I am going to have a hard time trading for people that were picked up this month regardless of how high their player rank is.

That’s just my preference. I’m sure Derka could argue either side’s merits til his fingers fell off.

is it just me, or has K/BB been ridiculously high across the board this year? 
Pretty sure it's high across the board, because batting average is so low and the trend of batters willing to deal with increased Ks to try and hit for more power continues.

34 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lol.

my team sucks shit through a straw, had to make some moves.  hg wanted freddie so once i found a way to replace him, i made the move with hg.

yeah, it was the previous trade you'd made that had me checking out your roster and preparing an offer. looks like hg beat me to the punch. 

also my team sucks too, so if anyone else wants some elite closers then holler at me. ftr, my first three picks were soto, xandy man, and abreu- awesome. i intended on drafting Vladdy next (obviously) and then inexplicably chose Hader instead, and punted on my entire draft strategy from that point on. i'm gonna go ahead and blame all of that on the fact that i was preoccupied with the dogfight that BO and i had going in the fantasy hoops championship match until last week. sometimes my talent is both a blessing and a curse.

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

Also, for the new guys, elite closers don’t mean shit. Especially not for good hitting. 

i'm guessing that several former league champions would beg to differ. remember, the first time i won this league was on the back of -no joke- Fernando Rodney. you'd be surprised what a couple of great closers do for your whip and k/bb, which obviously isn't to mention their saves and wins, nor their pension to go a month or two without giving up a run. hell i dominated all of you (save fawesome) last year on the backs of Hader and Devin. how many players in all of fantasy baseball are absolute money? not many. elite closers are.

relatedly, Liam Hendriks entered the game tonight with the bases loaded and zero outs vs the Cardinals. he came in and k'd the side in order, including the impossible-to-strike-out Tommy Edman, for the save. Liam, and Hader, and Jazz, and The Xandy Man, amd Abreu, and Walsh, and Tapia, and Lamet, et al, are all available. i'm currently in talks with multiple teams and am definitely going to make at least one trade in the next 24-48 hours. if you want one of my players then send me an offer, because it's going down sooner rather than later. let's get it on!

Edited by shadow_operative

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm guessing that several former league champions would beg to differ. remember, the first time i won this league was on the back of -no joke- Fernando Rodney. you'd be surprised what a couple of great closers do for your whip and k/bb, which obviously isn't to mention their saves and wins, nor their pension to go a month or two without giving up a run. hell i dominated all of you (save fawesome) last year on the backs of Hader and Devin. how many players in all of fantasy baseball are absolute money? not many. elite closers are.

relatedly, Liam Hendriks entered the game tonight with the bases loaded and zero outs vs the Cardinals. he came in and k'd the side in order, including the impossible-to-strike-out Tommy Edman, for the save. Liam, and Hader, and Jazz, and The Xandy Man, amd Abreu, and Walsh, and Tapia, and Lamet, et al, are all available. i'm currently in talks with multiple teams and am definitely going to make at least one trade in the next 24-48 hours. if you want one of my players then send me an offer, because it's going down sooner rather than later. let's get it on!

Yeah. You beat me down with offers and I finally relented. Twice. Shortly after my team tanked. So I choose not to trade. With you at least.